• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 "New Experience" Mega Thread 2008 (broadband warning)

goldenpp72

front lines was on the original thread but people seem to hate the game and no one talks about it, so I figured it wouldn't be logicial.

goldenpp72 said:
front lines was on the original thread but people seem to hate the game and no one talks about it, so I figured it wouldn't be logicial.

God no. One of the best under-rated gems on the 360 up there with Culdcept.

goldenpp72

lol alright, i'll try to look through the list and see what I can do for a few additions, just note that I can only do so many before the post break apart.

So far in my memory, some people want

Golf tee it up
Pure
Frontline
Removal of skate 2?

goldenpp72 said:
lol alright, i'll try to look through the list and see what I can do for a few additions, just note that I can only do so many before the post break apart.

So far in my memory, some people want

Golf tee it up
Pure
Frontline
Removal of skate 2?

Tee it up is pretty controversial. Some people hate that game but since I brought up frontlines I guess I'm not the one to speak on such things ;)

saelz8

Skate 2 is an unknown, we don't know when it'll be released. I would leave it until we have confirmation that it isn't 2008.

I personally hope it's 2009, so they have more time to make it perfect!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Excellent thread man - but didn't somebody (I don't think it was you) make a huge Xbox 360 pic thread of pics of every 360 thread that was on the way coming about a year ago? That was a great thread, dunno what the name of it was again, but it was also well-made, and should be linked to the OP...

So much to buy that's listed and shown in the topic - oh man! I seriously don't know how some people can own multiple consoles along side a 360...

Oh and BTW, I've never seen this pic of Mirror's Edge before:

1205172522.jpg

...but from the first few pics and video the game was definitely in my sights for purchasing, but holy wow that pic just sold me on the game as a must-have!

FrankT

Bulla564 said:
I don't know... with my new PC and PS3, my 360 is looking a bit redundant. Any reasons why I should keep around? and no I'm not interested in You're in the Movies .

I see Bulla was playing along with Mike Works here, but I actually wasn't so touche.

HolyStar said:
Left 4 dead is getting ported by EA to the PS3, just so you know.

IGN killed that rumor from OPM fyi.

Left 4 Dead on the PS3?
Signs point to "no."

August 4, 2008 - While there have been rumors circulating the Internet that claim that Left 4 Dead, Valve's upcoming zombie-filled shooter for the PC and 360, would be coming to the PS3, it looks like there's no truth behind them. We contacted Doug Lombardi from Valve to comment on the rumor and his response was clear: "there is no PS3 version of Left 4 Dead currently in production."

It appears that PS3 owners are out of luck -- at least for now.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/896/896281p1.html

Gowans

yeah I am incredibly close to getting rid of my PS3, really can't justify it.

Uncharted and MGS4 were great and the only reason I'm keeping it is for LittleBigPlanet but if I get sick of that after a few months and don't get sucked into any other PS3 exclusive game hype then it's gona join my ex-Wii.

EagleEyes

Wow, this thread reminds me of how broke i'm gonna be this fall. Amazing time to be a gamer. Why do some people come into this thread and seem cranky that it was even made? I don't understand.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

goldenpp72

Ok I will try to finish that calendar today and edit it at the top of the OP, I will not include xbla or xbox original titles though, retail will have to suffice since xbla dates are a bitch to find :(

FoeHammer

Agent Icebeezy said:
To hell with being sensible. I'm just glad I don't have any other vices that takes money away. All I have is gaming and my wife lets me indulge. :D

Same here. My wife thinks it keeps me out of the bars.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
FoeHammer said:
Same here. My wife thinks it keeps me out of the bars.

That is the same thing my wife thinks and gaming is one of the best ways to stay out of trouble. They can't accuse you of suspicious whereabouts if you are almost always on the couch killing virtual enemies. :D

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
steverulez said:
Are... are those 3 REALLY coming out on the same? That seems like a really odd choice...

These will be slow burner games. I don't think Microsoft will be that worried about sales for these initially.

goldenpp72

no sir none of those 3 have release dates, nor rockband, so I stuck them in one spot. i'll be sure to edit it as dates come out.

Now that's what I call a thread! Awesome, awesome OP.

The Xbox really does appear to be just coming into its prime. I'm really looking forward to the RPGs on the horizon, Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4... good times :) Might be almost time to upgrade to the elite system...

Now if someone can do equal threads for the PS3 and Wii, I'll be a happy bunny!

Android18a said:
Now that's what I call a thread! Awesome, awesome OP.

The Xbox really does appear to be just coming into its prime. I'm really looking forward to the RPGs on the horizon, Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4... good times :) Might be almost time to upgrade to the elite system...

Now if someone can do equal threads for the PS3 and Wii, I'll be a happy bunny!
ya with full game installs, I need a bigger harddrive. $180 for 120g is too much

eznark

Banned
Lostconfused said:
No i am just saying there really is no need for console war BS from either side.

But then again this thread is only 3 pages long so some one might want to post a ps3 exclusive list or something.

you think it's bad in here. You should see my living room, the two consoles never leave each other alone.

dude made a comment about not wanting a 360 anymore, I told him why I am keeping my 360...and somehow that makes me a PS3 fanboy??

Agent Icebeezy said:
These will be slow burner games. I don't think Microsoft will be that worried about sales for these initially.

Yeh I get that, I just thought it would be better to spread them about over Q4 if they could, I expect them to do well.

Does anyone know about the "You're In The Movies" deal Microsoft have going? I mean, its published by Codemasters, so whats the deal there? :/

Shins

Banned
FoeHammer said:
The only critique I can offer is that Rise of the Argonauts is missing from that list.
I'm a sucker for Greek mythology, so I'm hoping it turns out well. The media I've seen on it looked solid. I'm not so sold on AI partners that I have no control over, and I'm interested to see just how much customization will be possible in the ways of abilities, but we shall see! It's coming out at a good time on my calendar, just a few weeks before some of the bigger titles hit.

Top Bottom