• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 "New Experience" Mega Thread 2008 (broadband warning)

Feindflug

Great thread! Really awesome OP. :D

360 has a lot of great looking titles coming this year, the problem is that there are a lot of must-play titles for me and I don't know if I'll manage to play all these games...especially when games like Fable 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Fallout 3 are so time demanding. Not to mention Little Big Planet, R&C: Quest For Booty & Resistance 2.

Definitely a fuckin' awesome year for console gamers.

goldenpp72

Ok, due to user request I added

Golf tee it up
Rise of the argonauts
Frontlines fuel of war
Pure

Fixed fifa 09 release date position

Updated google calendar.

FoeHammer

goldenpp72 said:
Ok, due to user request I added

Golf tee it up
Rise of the argonauts
Frontlines fuel of war
Pure

Fixed fifa 09 release date position

Updated google calendar.

Thanks man! Keep up the good work.

Yep. So many games. So many potentially GREAT games. So many TIME CONSUMING games. Hmm ....

Anybody else ever think that the industry could collapse due to the huge number of lengthy, quality games? How many multiplayer games can we play? Last fall we had Halo 3, Team Fortress 2 and CoD4 that all DESERVED our multiplayer hours and days, but few could play them all (going back and forth with H3 and CoD4 was torture; they're too different).

Looking at this list actually makes me want to buy LESS games than more, because its just too much. After all of the slow months that we have year in and year out during other times of the year, you'd think that the industry would adjust, but no. Imagine how low Army of Two would've sold if it was released in November last year instead of March this year ...

Darth Tigris said:
...because its just too much.

These are the problems we should have.

All I *need* is Mercenaries 2, but the fuckton of other games coming out is just icing on the cake.

A very, very, big cake.

Darth Tigris said:
Yep. So many games. So many potentially GREAT games. So many TIME CONSUMING games. Hmm ....

Anybody else ever think that the industry could collapse due to the huge number of lengthy, quality games? How many multiplayer games can we play? Last fall we had Halo 3, Team Fortress 2 and CoD4 that all DESERVED our multiplayer hours and days, but few could play them all (going back and forth with H3 and CoD4 was torture; they're too different).

Looking at this list actually makes me want to buy LESS games than more, because its just too much. After all of the slow months that we have year in and year out during other times of the year, you'd think that the industry would adjust, but no. Imagine how low Army of Two would've sold if it was released in November last year instead of March this year ...
All gamers who really have to play everything (that aren't rich) should invest in a Gamefly account. It has allowed me to play many of the lower tier titles while still having cash to buy the must haves.

whitehawk

Banned
MWS Natural said:
All gamers who really have to play everything (that aren't rich) should invest in a Gamefly account. It has allowed me to play many of the lower tier titles while still having cash to buy the must haves.
It's not necessarily the cash, it's the fact that we post on GAF so we don't really play games.

saelz8

It's taken me 3 1/2 days to find out you can turn the console on and off with the guide button, fucks sake. :lol (I'm new to this console)

whitehawk

Banned
cartoon_soldier said:
You will fail when some of the unbolded ones prove to be good games.
I know some are good that I didn't bold, but I couldn't imagine buying all those games. Too much money, not enough times to play em. Viva Pinata and NG 2 are good I'm sure, but I only have like 8 games for my 360. More including XBLA, but that's because I bought a disc with 5 of them.

AndersTheSwede said:
MS isn't actually going to stash Banjo one week after Gears are they? Weren't the Rare guys upset when that happened with Viva?
One is aimed totally at hardcore and other is family title. Plus, lots of people will buy both specially if BK price is $39.99. I was skeptical of BK's price but three big websites (GameStop, Newegg, Amazon) are taking pre-orders at $39.99. So it might be true.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
AndersTheSwede said:
MS isn't actually going to stash Banjo one week after Gears are they? Weren't the Rare guys upset when that happened with Viva?
Not only the Gears > Viva, thing, but it also seemed to work wonders releasing PGR4 a week after Halo 3 last year.

whitehawk

Banned
cjelly said:
Not only the Gears > Viva, thing, but it also seemed to work wonders releasing PGR4 a week after Halo 3 last year.
The was probably the dumbest move for Bizarre. Should have released in August/Early september.

pr0cs

great thread for reference.
I thought I spent a lot of money last year, this year seems to be set to abuse my wallet just as hard.
I'm looking forward to it.

goldenpp72

yeah this year seems much harder wallet wise, but to me its more about time, having a girlfriend now dividing up gaming is going to be impossible, yet I still feel obligated to by games I like :/

goldenpp72

Let me gaf it up a bit for you.

Fuck denis dyack, I hate games. Funny pic here, the new lara is ugly and below my standards, etc.

kuYuri

Just wanted to mention that N+ will no longer be exclusive since it's about to come out on DS and PSP, so you may want to update that bit. :)

goldenpp72

well I more or less meant just for consoles and pc, I mean, if FF7 remake came out on ps3 and psp i'd still pretty much consider it an exclusive even though i own a psp.

all the best for N+ though, I just bought it a couple days ago and had a hell of a time beating mission 4 of episode 14.

It is insane the amount of games I want on that google calender just in the next 60 days.
I mean really want.
Could easily spend over $1,000 on 360 games before new years. Luckily I don't think I have the time so I'll save a little money.:D
Thanks for the awesome thread.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The Google Calender thing is perfect - and it puts a perspective on how many games I'm getting in just a matter of months, i.e., way too much!

It's a great visual reminder too since I don't even use an agenda in day to day things... just tied it to my Gmail account...

pr0cs

goldenpp72 said:
Yeah but some of the dates have no date, if anyone gets dates for rockband 2/lips/movies/scene it i'll edit them in.
IGN's release list says:

September 14, 2008 Rock Band 2 (game only)
October 19, 2008 Rock Band 2 (game & instrument bundle)

though I guess they're pretty odd that it would be nearly a month later for the bundle.

goldenpp72

I added a gamerankings average to some of the games at the top of the thread just to see if it works out ok, is there any demand for that?

Aladuf

Banned
Shit, looking back on this thread I just noticed that Viva Pinata comes out in just 2-3 weeks. That came out of nowhere.

goldenpp72 said:
I added a gamerankings average to some of the games at the top of the thread just to see if it works out ok, is there any demand for that?

Seems like a good idea, it's pretty interesting to see how the games have ranked.

I so need to get my 2nd 360 before this awesome dash update comes out. I want my Halo Edition to keep the blades for ever.

My new console can take the new dash on.

Sleeker

2 Minutes Turkish said:
I so need to get my 2nd 360 before this awesome dash update comes out. I want my Halo Edition to keep the blades for ever.

My new console can take the new dash on.

Why?

Top Bottom