• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Spring Showcase 2012 Thread: Embargo's for everyone and everything.

Personally while I'd love to play a H4 beta, I think Beta's take away a lot of the anticipation of playing a hot new title, so I'd rather there isn't one.

And nothing trades on anticipating "whats coming next" more than videogames. It is a hobby obsessed with what's around the corner.

Get as much 360 stuff out of the way so we can have more of the Microsoft E3 press conference dedicated to the new console. ;-P

Personally while I'd love to play a H4 beta, I think Beta's take away a lot of the anticipation of playing a hot new title, so I'd rather there isn't one.
A beta can only mean a better final product. There is no reason to believe 343i would "get it right" at launch.

And as for the campaign, if the covenant or flood show up as enemies then 343i has already lost.

Varth

Will mulitplat titles be there? Or just 360 exclusives?

Asked the same question, and answer was "every relevant 2012 360 title". But actually I guess it meant "relevant exclusives", since at least one big title multiplat it's going to be shown in a separate event in the same days, and each one of the few titles I know of is exclusive.

A beta can only mean a better final product.

Hi!
Reach_MPBeta_FocusRifle.jpg

theb0xmIke

Neo Member
So here in Australia it's time 11:00 PM i can assume that when i finish work tomorrow ill have some exciting news to wake up to? :D

TriGen

As a disappointed Microsoft fan currently with regards to their gaming division, I am not getting my hopes up for anything...

As far as I am concern, this years exclusives are Halo 4, some xbla games and then just kinect shovel ware. I honestly don't expect them to have any surprises....They rather spend the money they make from us on lame ass tv apps....

Pretty lame way to send the 360 off in it's final year.

I hate it, but I feel the same way, aside from Halo 4 I don't think Xbox is gonna have much exclusive. This is kinda what makes me feel like they will talk about next-gen at E3 this year, their last 2 or so E3's have been really rough and if all they have to talk about this year is an already announced game in Halo, it'll continue an ugly trend.

G Rom

You can add the Forza series to your bet list.
We're supposedly getting one big news and one very big news concerning Forza from this event (embargoed until 5th).

Shadders

Yeah, need some advance warning on the Halo 4 beta so I can get time off work.

It'll be interesting to see if we have to jump through any hoops to get access, buying some 2nd rate first party title or something..

Owh, I hate embargos for events like this - doesn't really seem to be much point.

I'm not expecting (read:hoping for) anything massive for that reason too, unless this stuff tends to end up leaked.

Need that news!

TriGen

You can add the Forza series to your bet list.
We're supposedly getting one big news and one very big news concerning Forza from this event (embargoed until 5th).

I would be surprised if we heard anything about another Forza because all the talk has been that the next Forza will be next-gen.

G Rom

I would be surprised if we heard anything about another Forza because all the talk has been that the next Forza will be next-gen.
There's the long rumored Forza World and it could also not necessarly be a new Forza.
Hints we got point to something new for Forza, what does that exactly mean remains to be seen after the embargo expires though.

Yeah, need some advance warning on the Halo 4 beta so I can get time off work.

It'll be interesting to see if we have to jump through any hoops to get access, buying some 2nd rate first party title or something..

Well, Halo 3's introduced me to the greatness that is Crackdown so I may be okay with this.

Then again, I don't really believe in a Halo 4 beta at this point...

Shadders

Then again, I don't really believe in a Halo 4 beta at this point...

Generally speaking betas are a good way to drum up hype, but it's quite possible they'll be thinking that with Halo 4 the hunger to play it will be so great that a beta will only serve to quell the appetite of fans.

You'd think if they were going to do a beta the smart place to have stuck a pass would have been in the box with Halo Anniversary.

You'd think if they were going to do a beta the smart place to have stuck a pass would have been in the box with Halo Anniversary.

Yeah, that's what I had been expecting prior to Anniversary's launch... I don't know, I guess it's still entirely possible and would fit within their schedule, but for some reason I simply don't expect one anymore.

Didn't we hear about 3's and Reach's respective betas much earlier in their development cycles?

Shadders

Yeah, that's what I had been expecting prior to Anniversary's launch... I don't know, I guess it's still entirely possible and would fit within their schedule, but for some reason I simply don't expect one anymore.

Didn't we hear about 3's and Reach's respective betas much earlier in their development cycles?

Yeah absolutely, Halo 3's was in Crackdown, but we knew it was going to be in there the previous year around September time. Obviously Reach's was in ODST which launched a full year ahead of Reach and we'd known the beta would be included in ODST at E3 2009, I think?

So whatever's going on with it, it doesn't fit into their previous releases.

Petrichor

I'm fully expecting to see Halo 4 get pushed back to NeXboX release.

No way. it'll launch on 360 this fall.

And then an upgraded version will launch alongside the nextbox spring 2013

OR it'll be the first "forwards compatible" game, that scales to the console it's put into

Top Bottom