• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Spring Showcase 2012 Thread: Embargo's for everyone and everything.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
https://twitter.com/#!/shellshiznit/status/174636869244555264

Tweet from a Lucasarts markerting manager yesterday:

"Tomorrow is the Microsoft's Spring Showcase here in SF... gonna release some new Kinect Star Wars goodness to the world!"

Doesn't seem like he'd say such a thing if the information is embargoed until monday. Of course, it may still be embargoed and he just isn't aware. Still...

Why would all the content be sealed? Halo, if present, would be embargoed for sure, but the other stuff? I doubt it.

Just thought of something. If Halo 4 is embargoed til the 5th that would align with the time frame Gameinformer usually unveils their next cover.

talan619

Neo Member
Microsoft Windows 8 Xbox Live Integration
http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/29/microsoft-windows-8-consumer-preview-detailed-impressions/

video:
http://www.viddler.com/v/e19fcd7d

The Xbox 360 has been an undeniable slam dunk success for Microsoft, so it's natural that we'd see it making an appearance in the company's latest OS. Indeed, Xbox Live is one of the most prominent pins in the new Start menu, and once tapped you'll be prompted to sign in to your account.

After a few moments of pondering, the machine will display all your gaming habits in a presentation that's not too dissimilar to the one found on the console. Even your avatar will strut his (or her) smug little self across your screen, dressed as you remember them, and you can indeed make costume changes here -- they'll show up back on your console momentarily.

But that's just fluff. The real interesting bit comes when you start navigating through your recently played games and accessed Xbox apps. You can launch those titles directly from your Windows 8 device and, once they're up, even control them -- though there are naturally a number of restrictions.

To begin with, your controls are limited to up / down / left / right and you only have access to the four face buttons, so you can really only navigate through menus and make selections. That's just fine for cruising through the Netflix app -- less so for a round of MW3. You also are naturally limited to launching games that are downloaded to the console or are printed on a disc that's sitting in the console's tray. Sadly, Windows 8 will not get off the couch and put in a new game for you.

The interface here is a bit clunky and sluggish; we'd definitely prefer reaching for a controller or a Harmony remote or the like, but the potential is quite intriguing. We'd love to see the Netflix integration taken a step further, for example, where you choose your movie on the tablet and it plays on the console. And we can't help dreaming of Wii U-like console / tablet harmony as well, with games played on both the slate and the screen, but perhaps that's just a bit optimistic.

Miles X

Microsoft is good at keeping things hidden if they want to.

I guess we only have to wait 5 days, still though :-(

I wonder if Rare will be present, they used to churn out 2 games per 2 year cycle, all we've got since 2008 when they release Banjo/Viva 2, is Kinect Sports and Kinect Sports 2, and they only had a small team on KS2. By all means, they should have a retail game or two ready to go ...

Doffen

I guess we only have to wait 5 days, still though :-(

I wonder if Rare will be present, they used to churn out 2 games per 2 year cycle, all we've got since 2008 when they release Banjo/Viva 2, is Kinect Sports and Kinect Sports 2, and they only had a small team on KS2. By all means, they should have a retail game or two ready to go ...

Rare is also responsible for the Xbox Live Avatar system.

Satchel

Banned
Yeah, need some advance warning on the Halo 4 beta so I can get time off work.

It'll be interesting to see if we have to jump through any hoops to get access, buying some 2nd rate first party title or something..

Crackdown is easily the most underrated game of this gen, and is one of the best new IPs created this gen.

ODST was also a brilliant Halo game.

Attaching the betas was a nice way to make sure people take a look.

Why would all the content be sealed? Halo, if present, would be embargoed for sure, but the other stuff? I doubt it.

Well, assuming they have other games to show and want them to get some attention I would guess the Halo 4 embargo would either end a few days before or after the other info so it can have its breathing room. Lets hope we can get some info either way in due time, but it does seem fair to assume Halo 4 is there, but who knows to what extent.

Doffen

What time does this thing start and is there going to be a live stream or something?

It started 1 hour ago, but it’s an embargoed press-only event. And no there’s no live stream. We are just sitting here praying for a leak or an early embargo lift.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
posted in the haloGAF community thread

jA3M0n5jvKOhx.PNG

KageMaru

Maybe I'm reading that tweet now, but it doesn't mean anything to me.

I could say I'm ready to play any game now, you can release it. That doesn't mean anything will be shown for it.

Or an I reading into it wrong? =/

I could say I'm ready to play any game now, you can release it. That doesn't mean anything will be shown for it.

He seen game. Thus making him ready to play game. Now demands release of said game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

apparent he works (worked?) for IGN. i took it to mean he saw something.

Vire

What the fucking fuck, just show it already. Why is there an embargo for this?

:/

FRANKIE YOU ARE HURTING ME INSIDE.

Love,
DJ

I fully expect a Halo 4 reveal with Master Chief jet packing everywhere with an assault rifle and throwing hand nukes everywhere just to troll us.

Top Bottom