• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Extended - Revision Inbound?

Just tried while at work, didn't have my console or controller's serial numbers tho lol. I bought mine late 2015 from GameStop and I have crucial stick drift and the rubber is bubbling.

I'll update this post when I get home to complete the request.. crossing my fingers lol

NaviLink

I'm in Europe, my console is out of warranty since January. I tried going through the repair/replacement process on the Xbox website, but no luck, I can only buy small parts. I'm guessing this is a North America thing. Too bad, the grip on one side of my controller is starting to come off.

I'm in Europe, my console is out of warranty since January. I tried going through the repair/replacement process on the Xbox website, but no luck, I can only buy small parts. I'm guessing this is a North America thing. Too bad, the grip on one side of my controller is starting to come off.

You've got to do it through chat or call support. I'm not sure it applies in Europe though.

Justinh

Phew...

I ordered these replacement side-grips 8-and-a-half freaking weeks ago. After the expected arrival date passed (then passed again when they just changed it to a week later when it was late), I contacted for a refund and dude said they'd just send me another order.

I figured I'd just lost my money since I've heard that line before when I was trying to get a grey Sega Saturn Mission Stick and it never came (twice), and also because the store page for these things on Amazon was taken down.
yulP7sJ.jpg
Well, they finally came today. Good thing because I was planning on sending my controller to Microsoft tomorrow, but now that I can finally just replace the side-grips I think I'll just keep it. I could finally be able to use it again right now, instead of waiting for shipping it to MS and then waiting for it to come back.

edit: ooooooh it feels so good to hold again...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Gah. They said i could send it in after taking pictures of the damage... and the warranty sticker behind the battery cover. Boh, that shits long gone. Pretty infuriating that when my controller first broke several months ago I was already outside the 90 day warranty and ms wouldn't help me, but now a policy has changed and I fucked myself over by attempting a repair on something that i otherwise would have thrown away.

psychotron

Edit: After hours on the phone and sending in all my proof again, they're finally sending the controller. Wow, that was crazy.

So I'm ready to explode right now. I called last week about my trigger completely failing. I was prepared to have to send it in, but they said no need. I was psyched they were being so cool. So I removed all the accessories and tossed the broken controller, as I've never been one to try and fix myself.

Fast forward to today. They sent me a braided cord....ONLY a cord. I called and they said they goofed and ordered the wrong item. I said it was no big deal as long as they ship out the replacement. They said they can't! They said mine was out of warranty so they didn't have to replace it in the first place. I said that I would have been fine with that, but they didn't refuse, they promised me another one. The rep found the chat and said she saw I was promised it but she couldn't do it.

At this point I was very mad, but kept telling the rep I know it's not her, but I can't accept this. I said I need a supervisor to fix this as I tossed my old one based on the word of MS. She said maybe I should have waited, which is probably right, but come on.

A supervisor is supposed to call me within two hours. I knew I shouldn't have trusted them. I could have just had my old one repaired. Damn it.

Chat rep initially said I didn't have to send mine in but once the service request was processed the instructions stated I had to send mine in. I shipped it yesterday and had to pay for shipping but it's a small fee to fix my launch elite controller.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
figured I've give this a shot, and i am being moved to their "offline" team, whatever that is. They said they will contact me with a few questions. Anybody have this happen to them?

Edit: I also thought it was hilarious the guy said, "dont worry, I got your back on this!"
I think i made a friend.

Ultimadrago

Okay, I just had to replace my Xbox Elite Controller. One game showed me that I actually did have a faulty deadzone in the left stick that must have come more recently. To be fair, I only noticed it with this game, but when I replaced the controller (had a retail warranty), the stick is now working perfectly thus far.

My controller was bought day one. Left Trigger stopped working a couple weeks ago. Thought I was screwed. Just read the thread, went to support, and boom now I have a new one on the way.

Was really not looking forward to potentially buying another one, but after using the Elite it is really hard to go back to any other controller.

I wanna buy one of these things, do we know if there is a roadmap to release a revision of the Elite controller? Would hate to buy one then a new one comes out shortly after. These have been around for like what 2 years now or so right?

Pachimari

I almost haven't used mine and I've had it since launch and recently noticed the analogue stick is broken. I was to save up for a brand new Elite controller but maybe I should try this out first then. I guess I'll just contact their support somewhere on microsoft.com.

Is this one time replacement for anywhere in the world of only US customers?

Drain You

So my left analogue stick flicks to the left anytime I let go after pushing it to the right. Its only really noticeable in 2D games where I decide to use the stick instead of the D-Pad but its still pretty annoying. Contacted MS today and they are having me send in my old one and are replacing it with a brand new one. Was kinda hoping I wouldn't have to be out a controller during the replacement period, but oh well.

mf.luder

I have a PS4 and I've been debating grabbing one of these to game on. Maybe I'll wait and see closer to Scorpio if they do do a little revision. I wish Sony made something like this first party.

Colbert

Banned
Same experience here. Already on my third. With the first the rubber got loose, got a new one. With that after some time the USB port was not working anymore. Got a new one. This one is without issues so far.

dafodeu

I just got one from Best Buy about two months ago when it was on sale via a price match with dell.com for $116. After reading this thread I should have agreed to the 20 dollar 2 year warranty extension they offered. I can't believe the warranty is only 90 days.

No problems yet but I don't game much these days. I maybe have used it a total of 15 hours. Anything I should be looking out for to spot an issue early on with my controller before my warranty runs out?

Just had my Elite controller from launch replaced by EB Games here in Australia due to peeling and splitting rubber on the grips.

As soon as I started using the new one it became apparent just how loose the thumb sticks and paddles had become, with the new controller feeling a lot more responsive and tighter movement.

Drain You

I just got one from Best Buy about two months ago when it was on sale via a price match with dell.com for $116. After reading this thread I should have agreed to the 20 dollar 2 year warranty extension they offered. I can't believe the warranty is only 90 days.

No problems yet but I don't game much these days. I maybe have used it a total of 15 hours. Anything I should be looking out for to spot an issue early on with my controller before my warranty runs out?

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about the extended warranty at this point. I bought the controller day 1...Oct 27, 2015, and just today I contacted them and am getting a replacement for free. Try using the analogue sticks on a 2D game, thats where I noticed my issues. I would be walking right and as soon as I stopped walking I'd snap to the left facing the wrong direction. Makes certain 2D games literally impossible.

Just had my Elite controller from launch replaced by EB Games here in Australia due to peeling and splitting rubber on the grips.

As soon as I started using the new one it became apparent just how loose the thumb sticks and paddles had become, with the new controller feeling a lot more responsive and tighter movement.

You just took it in and they replaced it?
I bought mine from ebgames too, rubber grips peeling off and the right stick is loose... I bought it because I thought it would last but it's falling apart.

You just took it in and they replaced it?
I bought mine from ebgames too, rubber grips peeling off and the right stick is loose... I bought it because I thought it would last but it's falling apart.

It was a bit of a shit fight at the store I went to but according to EB's own call centre, Elite controllers within the 2yr warranty period are meant to be swapped straight over instore if the fault is obvious.

It was a bit of a shit fight at the store I went to but according to EB's own call centre, Elite controllers within the 2yr warranty period are meant to be swapped straight over instore if the fault is obvious.

So give them a call first?
I'll be doing this, hopefully I used my eb card when I purchased it, the receipt would be long gone.

Pachimari

I just got to talk with their chat and it seems because I'm located in Denmark I will have to call them on the phone. They can replace my controller with a one-time warranty replacement and I will have to send in my controller for an exchange. I'll call them tomorrow and see how it goes.

Pachimari

So I called today and was told their phone support cannot be dialed from mobile phones...

I talked to their chat support just now again, and is told, that the offer is only for the US and Canada because your warranty is only 3 months by default? So this extended warranty will not work for European countries?

So I called today and was told their phone support cannot be dialed from mobile phones...

I talked to their chat support just now again, and is told, that the offer is only for the US and Canada because your warranty is only 3 months by default? So this extended warranty will not work for European countries?

Do you have any consumer laws in your country that would apply here? Here in Australia our consumer law in some cases is much more than a manufacturers warranty based on the price of the goods vs how long that product should last.

In the case of the Elite controller, I bought it with the Elite console which came with 2yrs warranty while the controller had 3mths warranty. By law (here), the controller should be covered by the same warranty as it was part of the bundle.

If bought separately the controller would still get at least 12mths based on the cost of it i.e $200 :O

Pachimari

Everything here has a 2-year warranty by default according to law. Which is also why it's not applicable here.

No problem though, I'll just have to buy a new one some other day when I have the funds.

I had to fight with the online support to get them to help me. I asked for a supervisor to help and i was granted a one time replacement after some extended fact checking waits. The big issue was that you need a Xbox console registered to your account in order for the replacement ticket to be filed. I only had a 360 registered as i use my Elite controller on PC. Since the Elite is a Xbox One controller, they told me I needed an Xbox One console attached to my account or they couldn't place the order. Eventually, they applied the ticket using the 360 console as the attached system to my Elite controller accessory.

GECK

Another day 1 owner here and haven't really had any issues until the Destiny 2 beta. Right trigger, when set to hair, started making a weird sound. Also the A button is starting to stick. So I guess I might as well go for free replacement? Are they still mailing replacements out without us having to send it in for RMA first?

I didn't want to make a new thread but I requested a replacement earlier in the day and was granted one. The controller was out of warranty and they want me to send it back before they send a replacement.

I would just walk-in and do it, that's what I did anyway. Hopefully the store you bought it from has stock.

I went in yesterday and they saw my purchase on my EB card, dude was awesome, told me to bring it in with the magnetic stuff taken off and he will swap it... I came back but he noticed he didn't have stock, said he will drive to another store in his lunch break today to get me one!

What a legend!

Sweet, I have a new controller.
Bought the guy a coffee for his troubles, he reckons a 1 year warranty period will start again!

I was looking at buying an Elite controller; I'm a little hesitant because there may be a revision with Bluetooth and maybe better build quality, but I think for my needs, I'll be fine without the Bluetooth.

How are the replacements that people are receiving from this? Are they lasting longer than the ones you all owned originally?

U_Know_Me

I saw this thread so I decided to call them because one side of the grip on the back was peeling off. The controller still worked fine but I called just to see what they would say even though it was out of warranty. First guy I talked to said no its out of warranty and that was the end of that. The next day I got a call from them saying that they will replace it for me all I have to do is send the old one back and pay for shipping so I did. I just got the replacement today and they sent me a brand new sealed controller with all the accessories. All I shipped was the controller with out the sticks and dpad.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Everytime Everything this thread gets bumped I get mad that I can't get a replacement.

Still hopeful for a revision. Won't buy a new one until that happens

Top Bottom