• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live sale on Microsoft Studios and Indie titles

Is Marvel Ultimate Alliance (1 or 2) or Star Wars TFU going Backwards Compat soon? I'd love to replay either MUA1 or TFU. Both fun early gen games.

Is Marvel Ultimate Alliance (1 or 2) or Star Wars TFU going Backwards Compat soon? I'd love to replay either MUA1 or TFU. Both fun early gen games.

I say if you have the cash to spare, pick up the games. I regret not picking up L4D2 when it was on sale on XBL. Picked up Bully Scholarship edition and still waiting for that to become BC, if it ever does it would have been worth the purchase.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Is the SO season's pass worth it? I've been wary about open world DLC ever since I bought the Saint's Row 3 one.

Note regarding the Forza Horizon's season pass & VIP pack. After doing research I noticed you still have to unlock all the cars through in game currency or purchase more money for tokens. And some of these cars are in the million+ credit range. Don't expect them to immediately appear in your garage. Looks as if Turn 10 fixed this with the future Forza titles. Saved me a few bucks.

Sunset Overdrive Seasons Pass content is awesome. Two good areas, side missions, collectibles and a couple of great bosses

So what exactly is included in the season pass of Sunset Overdrive that is making everyone flip out? Is it just because it's such a great game that y'all want more? ;)

Edit: wow, answered above me :p

Montresor

I'd recommend the following games, in case anyone is itching for good puzzle games:

KALIMBA - great mix between a puzzle game and a twitch platformer; extremely difficult but why should that stop you? You don't have to 1000/1000 every game, do you? Spend 5 dollars on this game, get 500 or whatever gamerscore max, and just enjoy the unique art style and game play.

Gone Home - great narrative experience that will subvert your expectations.

Lifeless Planet - wonderful game where you explore a desolate, lonely, surreal planet.

Submerged - the weakest of my recommendations. The game has a bad frame rate and not much substance but it is very relaxing/satisfying to explore the open sea world in this game.

NERO, Submerged, and SO Season Pass for me!

Nero is really weak - I wouldn't recommend it. I think I gave that game a 1.5/5. The game has extremely sluggish controls - it seems to take forever to move your guy anywhere.

Submerged on the other hand I found wonderful. This game's biggest weakness is the frame rate but the world is beautiful and really fun to explore. It's nice to relax and switch between traveling around by boat and scaling towers.

Really tempted by Rise of the Tomb Raider for $32.49, unsure though. I might build a new pc this summer and would probably want to play it on that.

I remember enjoying the second Sunset Overdrive DLC content more than the first but they're both fun, probably because the second one was longer. You also get a bunch of new weapons too which is cool.

Second one has a very amusing boss to people who followed the game during and after launch.

I'd recommend the following games, in case anyone is itching for good puzzle games:

KALIMBA - great mix between a puzzle game and a twitch platformer; extremely difficult but why should that stop you? You don't have to 1000/1000 every game, do you? Spend 5 dollars on this game, get 500 or whatever gamerscore max, and just enjoy the unique art style and game play.

Gone Home - great narrative experience that will subvert your expectations.

Lifeless Planet - wonderful game where you explore a desolate, lonely, surreal planet.

Submerged - the weakest of my recommendations. The game has a bad frame rate and not much substance but it is very relaxing/satisfying to explore the open sea world in this game.

Nero is really weak - I wouldn't recommend it. I think I gave that game a 1.5/5. The game has extremely sluggish controls - it seems to take forever to move your guy anywhere.

Submerged on the other hand I found wonderful. This game's biggest weakness is the frame rate but the world is beautiful and really fun to explore. It's nice to relax and switch between traveling around by boat and scaling towers.
I can't pass up $3.30 though :p

TI82

Banned
Literally just purchased both Marvel alliances for $80. Would gladly have gotten the gold and paid $20. Fuck

Can someone check if Battlefield 4 w/ Premium is on sale? Last time it was for like $20. It won't tell me since I already own it.

Egg0

Banned
Picked up BF: Hardline. At $10, I'd buy any game I had an inkling of interest in.

Mostly I needed a new game to keep me preoccupied. Hopefully the campaign is enough to not make me constantly think about going to see Civil War on Thursday.

How is the original Toy Soldiers in comparison to the great Cold War game? I loved Toy Soldiers: Cold War, but didn't like the third one too much.

RedToad64

Not sure if I'm becoming more of a Playstation gamer again but I don't find this sale that appealing...in fact any Xbox sale isn't that appealing anymore.
The last two years have been pretty dreadful, I must admit. The sale quality has just been bad. I think the death of XBLA is the cause of this.

That and $1 PS1 games is an absolute steal. Add Steam to the equation and it makes things look worse.

But anyway... Is this the lowest Kinect Sports Rivals has gone down to? I actually like the other two Kinect Sports games and this one looks decent.

EBE

But anyway... Is this the lowest Kinect Sports Rivals has gone down to? I actually like the other two Kinect Sports games and this one looks decent.

i think it is. Rivals is okay. sport and minigame selection in the first two is much, much stronger though. only thing i fire up Rivals for is tennis every now and then. bowling is great though. love bowling. its a decent enough price for those two alone i say

Top Bottom