• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live sale on Microsoft Studios and Indie titles

RedToad64

The full unlock for Powerstar Golf is also on sale. I had fun with the small trial. Probably will grab that.

i think it is. Rivals is okay. sport and minigame selection in the first two is much, much stronger though. only thing i fire up Rivals for is tennis every now and then. bowling is great though. love bowling. its a decent enough price for those two alone i say
Got it. Thanks!

Dimorphic

I assume this will work as it's just a USB connection but if I have the PS4 version of Infinity 3.0 willl that portal work with the XB1?

krang

Joking aside, is Kinect Sports Rivals any good? I'm always on the lookout for fun active Kinect games that the family can enjoy.

EBE

Joking aside, is Kinect Sports Rivals any good? I'm always on the lookout for fun active Kinect games that the family can enjoy.

the first two games are a better value (you can get them together as part of an ultimate collection) but Rivals is okay. no crazy minigames though so it doesnt have as much staying power. as i said in an above post its basically a bowling game for me--there isnt much to rock climbing, soccer, wave racing, or target shooting honestly--but bowling is always fun.

darts in season 2 is the best sport.

its ten dollars though. so theres that

Justinh

The full unlock for Powerstar Golf is also on sale. I had fun with the small trial. Probably will grab that.
Oh! I remember I tried this game out a long time ago and thought it was a lot of fun, but not 20 dollars fun. At five I'll probably get it too.

First game to do that automatic Xbox DVR thingy for me, I think.
Actually, it was probably Peggle 2 (I remember that game was so trigger happy with the recording.)

Has Rise of the Tomb Raider Deluxe ever been on sale, or this low? I really want to play it, but I do not know if I will get around to playing it anytime soon. Not sure if I should buy now for $60 or if I should wait for it to go on sale again.... Any suggestions?

krang

the first two games are a better value (you can get them together as part of an ultimate collection) but Rivals is okay. no crazy minigames though so it doesnt have as much staying power. as i said in an above post its basically a bowling game for me--there isnt much to rock climbing, soccer, wave racing, or target shooting honestly--but bowling is always fun.

darts in season 2 is the best sport.

its ten dollars though. so theres that

Ah, I see your post now! Thanks a lot.

My only issue with the other two is having to have my old Kinect set up as well as the new one. I'd prefer not to have to do that, to be honest. Which is why I really appreciated Fruit Ninja Kinect 2.

EBE

Ah, I see your post now! Thanks a lot.

My only issue with the other two is having to have my old Kinect set up as well as the new one. I'd prefer not to have to do that, to be honest. Which is why I really appreciated Fruit Ninja Kinect 2.

yeah having both kinects out is a pain. ive got my xbox one kinect wall mounted and my 360 kinect sitting on my tv stand.

its funny but 360 kinect has more and better games than xbox one kinect

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I think I want Super Meat Boy with the original music, on console.

They surely didn't patch out the original music on 360, right?

I assume this will work as it's just a USB connection but if I have the PS4 version of Infinity 3.0 willl that portal work with the XB1?
No, it will not work. You will need to track down a Disney Infinity 2.0/3.0 base specifically for Xbox One. Certification is different from 360, X1 and WiiU/Wii/PS3/PS4.

boltz

Got the SO season pass; after getting the base game for free, I couldn't say no to the pass for that price.

EBE

why are you all so excited about the SO season pass? both expansions are really short and not all that funny or interesting

PaulLFC

Bought:

FM5 Car Pass
Forza Horizon season pass (already had the rally expansion, but at this price I picked it up for the cars)
Powerstar Golf full unlock
Motocross Madness
D4

No sale on Halo Wars yet again though. Another one I would have bought now it's BC.

Alx

yeah having both kinects out is a pain. ive got my xbox one kinect wall mounted and my 360 kinect sitting on my tv stand.

its funny but 360 kinect has more and better games than xbox one kinect

Yes it's impressive the amount of decent to good Kinect games available on 360, compared to Xbox One. Right now I mostly keep my 360 hooked to the tv in the (illusory) prospect of finishing my backlog of Kinect games. Most other games I just hope for them to be BC one day.
I guess it would be hard or in some cases even impossible to have the X1 Kinect emulate the original one for Kinect games BC, but that would be a godsend for all Kinect owners.

Frobary

6acbe6b.jpg

Finally gonna get Rare Replay.

EBE

Yes it's impressive the amount of decent to good Kinect games available on 360, compared to Xbox One. Right now I mostly keep my 360 hooked to the tv in the (illusory) prospect of finishing my backlog of Kinect games. Most other games I just hope for them to be BC one day.
I guess it would be hard or in some cases even impossible to have the X1 Kinect emulate the original one for Kinect games BC, but that would be a godsend for all Kinect owners.

id love it if kinect emulation were ever somehow possible but the BC team has already said it isnt. or at least i remember Phil Spencer saying so in an interview somewhere :(
i still want to try Steel Battalion and that Blackwater rail shooter. but yeah, 360 kinect has got some quality games. gets a bad rap. i feel like youre the only other guy on this forum who agrees lol

danowat

Banned
I've haven't brought any games in a while, so there was quite a few on there I wanted.

Toted to ones up I wanted in my currency, £91, toted it up in dollars, $104 (yes I am sure other currencies would have been cheaper), I think I know which currency I'll use.

pixelpatch

I think xbox are much better at offering value to their gamers, ps throw out some terrible free games and the store hardly ever have decent sales.

gar3

For me regarding store sales on the consoles nothing has beaten Microsoft circa 2008-2010 on Xbox 360. The weekly sales were varied and decent, and the bigger sales were fantastic. Nowadays I find both Microsoft and Sony to have terrible sales most of the time but I have to admit I've found myself buying and downloading more games when PSN has a decent sale versus Live. Obviously Steam sales beat them both and I would love Nintendo to learn a thing or two but what can ya do? For this particular sale I'm thinking about picking up Powerstar Golf and perhaps Lifeless Planet: Premier Edition even though I already own it on Steam, heh.

danowat

Banned
For me regarding store sales on the consoles nothing has beaten Microsoft circa 2008-2010 on Xbox 360. The weekly sales were varied and decent, and the bigger sales were fantastic. Nowadays I find both Microsoft and Sony to have terrible sales most of the time but I have to admit I've found myself buying and downloading more games when PSN has a decent sale versus Live. Obviously Steam sales beat them both and I would love Nintendo to learn a thing or two but what can ya do?

To be honest, if you can hold off and wait to buy games, which considering the cadence of games being released these days is quite an easy thing to do, I think both Sony and MS marketplaces offer up enough decent sales to bolster your library with games to play for most of the year.

witness

Got:

Alan Wake
American Nightmare
Kinect Sports Rivals

Might get MUA 1 and 2. Worried that they won't actually be made BC though.

jelly

Microsoft are raising prices. Most of the stuff on sale especially 360 stuff has been cheaper previously. No thanks.

Top Bottom