• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

gogojira

Went out and bought NBA2K14 now too. Someone help me before I buy all the damn launch games.

I only planned for BF4 and KI and now I've ended up with BF4, KI, Dead Rising and NBA2K14.

Miles X

I uploaded something to Skydrive and it still hasn't come up. How long does that take?
Also, it would be nice to have a quick upload feature rather than have to manually go through all the steps.

The clip I uploaded to Skydrive is missing from my Xbox now completely too. Huh.

Skydrive (on all devices) is slow at loading if you've just checked it. Say for instance I check my Skydrive folder on my phone, go to skydrive on my PC and upload pics. Go back to Skydrive on my phone, because it updated a few minutes before that it won't update again for like 30 minutes to an hour for me.

Might be something similar?

Anfony O

I'm not sure who pointed out the target deal in Australia on Xbox one games but I thought I'd thank you . Picked up Assasins Creed today great stuff.

malfcn

Skydrive (on all devices) is slow at loading if you've just checked it. Say for instance I check my Skydrive folder on my phone, go to skydrive on my PC and upload pics. Go back to Skydrive on my phone, because it updated a few minutes before that it won't update again for like 30 minutes to an hour for me.

Might be something similar?

It has been hours. It was a 52 hit combo in Ryse.
Other clips I didn't upload to Skydrive are still on my console.

Smokey

So before, I did a 20-hit 'beastly' combo on Killer Instinct. I said "Xbox, record that!" and instantly I had the last 30 seconds of gameplay to mess around with. That was waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I needed, so I went into Upload, trimmed the video to just the combo while adding a nice little effect to take out the horrible backflip I had to leave in at the start, and uploaded it to my feed and Skydrive. Suddenly, I was like "Fuck, I've probably closed Killer Instinct." NOPE! With a few presses of the B button, I was back to it. I was really, really impressed.

So on that note, now that the console is actually out and that it doesn't give us AIDS (although I'm sure some people are still hurrumphing about resolution, jaggies, and load times), what do people make about the whole CBOAT thing. The ass storm never really seemed to roll in, so and given that we saw in his PM that he wanted to discourage people from buying the machine, I wonder what his agenda and motive was.

More info on this? Where did we see his PM?

Imagine 1000 friends signing online.

They should maybe let your Favorites notify.

Now imagine getting notification everytime they start a game or app. :p

Although! I wonder, since I haven't added anyone as a favorite, if you add a friend as a "favorite" are you notified when they get online?

The ass storm never really seemed to roll in, so and given that we saw in his PM that he wanted to discourage people from buying the machine, I wonder what his agenda and motive was.

Something that bugs me is anytime ANYTHING negative about the Xbox One releases, a lot of the first few replies are "ASS STORM?", of course CBOAT is going to be right if anything negative is the "ass storm" :p

Orca

Pretty neat that you can watch your friends clips on the Smartglass app. Just flipped through a bunch of my friends uploads. The BF4 rank up ones are boring 90% of the time, so that's kind of a waste.

malfcn

Gotcha. I hope someday we know who they are, just for the whoa factor.
Imagine reading the news: "Person dies, random last words are cboat."

So before, I did a 20-hit 'beastly' combo on Killer Instinct. I said "Xbox, record that!" and instantly I had the last 30 seconds of gameplay to mess around with. That was waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I needed, so I went into Upload, trimmed the video to just the combo while adding a nice little effect to take out the horrible backflip I had to leave in at the start, and uploaded it to my feed and Skydrive. Suddenly, I was like "Fuck, I've probably closed Killer Instinct." NOPE! With a few presses of the B button, I was back to it. I was really, really impressed.

So on that note, now that the console is actually out and that it doesn't give us AIDS (although I'm sure some people are still hurrumphing about resolution, jaggies, and load times), what do people make about the whole CBOAT thing. The ass storm never really seemed to roll in, so and given that we saw in his PM that he wanted to discourage people from buying the machine, I wonder what his agenda and motive was.

Sony mole. No I'm not kidding. Asshat to boot.

My guess is he was so lopw level guy with access to these little scraps of info and once he started to dole them out he fell in love with the attention so he kept having to make up bigger and bigger rumors, plus he saw which way the gaf wind was blowing and decided to go full on anti-MS.

Is there no way to put voice through headset and/or speakers? I can't find an option anywhere and I don't want to use the chat headset to hear people.

Miles X

My guess is he was so lopw level guy with access to these little scraps of info and once he started to dole them out he fell in love with the attention so he kept having to make up bigger and bigger rumors, plus he saw which way the gaf wind was blowing and decided to go full on anti-MS.

Perhaps yeah, certainly sounds like a self centered attention seeking idiot to me. Like I say, hope he gets caught and named and shamed so no company ever touches him again.

statham

after that PM, IMO cboat's agenda came out. wish we had a insider that could give good/bad news like this one
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1pafrz/rumors/

Guys, just have to say that the forest level in Rise is by far thru best looking area in a video game up to this point. All those trees! And no Aliasing! It looks incredible

Perhaps yeah, certainly sounds like a self centered attention seeking idiot to me. Like I say, hope he gets caught and named and shamed so no company ever touches him again.

lol at these comments

Just went by and mass added everyone on the XboxGAF friendlist onto mine. :) 73 of you guys just got Follows from me, hope you guys don't mind adding me as well. Need more Xbox One friends. :)

Mononoke

Banned
Small gripe, and I know it's been said to death. But why is it "Xbox On" and "Xbox Turn Off". Why not just "Xbox Off". I know there are command sheets around, but damn I spent like 20 minutes trying to figure this one out.
KuGsj.gif

malfcn

Small gripe, and I know it's been said to death. But why is it "Xbox On" and "Xbox Turn Off". Why not just "Xbox Off". I know there are command sheets around, but damn I spent like 20 minutes trying to figure this one out.
KuGsj.gif

It gives you enough time to slap the words out of a trolls mouth?

blinkz

Has anyone managed to splice their cheap Xbox one headset cable to make it work with a headset like Astro A40s? I find it super annoying if I use the kinect mic it splits the audio seemingly 50/50 to game and party chat.

Mayyhem

How big are the TV's you guys are playing on?

I've been playing on my 50 inch and its just so hard to do good in a game like BF4 compared to playing on my 22 inch 1080p monitor.

I suppose it might be the ms delay time on my particular TV (which is LED), but damn it's actually crippling. After playing on a Monitor for so long I can FEEL the TV input lag. Fucking sucks. But I don't wanna play my Xbox One on such a small screen :(

Few questions guys. One... How do you see who you played with online in the case you need to report someone for harrasment? Two. Where is my battery life for my controller? Can't find it anywhere.

Gurrry

Im currently downloading COD but I think i wanna goto sleep.

If I turn the console off, will it continue to DL and install?

If anyone isn't sold on Ryse yet, I can give a ringing endorsement! t is absolutely fantastic. The visuals are out of this world, especially that forest level (I will have a couple of clips of that later). Also the combat does start quite respective, but picks up in said forest level, where different enemy types and genuinely aggressive AI kicks in. Yu won't have two people attacking at exactly the same time (as that would be impossible to block) but they do attack in rapid succession. Also, the acing and animation are superb and the writing is surprisingly good (especially from the guys bend Crysis 3). This game in no way deserves a 6 or less, mere a seven or 8.

How big are the TV's you guys are playing on?

I've been playing on my 50 inch and its just so hard to do good in a game like BF4 compared to playing on my 22 inch 1080p monitor.

I suppose it might be the ms delay time on my particular TV (which is LED), but damn it's actually crippling. After playing on a Monitor for so long I can FEEL the TV input lag. Fucking sucks. But I don't wanna play my Xbox One on such a small screen :(

Have you got some kind of TV processing switched on? That could account for the lag.

Doodis

KuGsj.gif
It's been mentioned before, but "off" by itself is too similar to "on." The Kinect needs a bit more to differentiate.

Top Bottom