• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One May Preview Update - Sound Mixer! Volume Control! Speech Recognition! Oh My!

Remember all, like last month, they will likely add features to the update preview as the weeks go on. This list will evolve for the duration of the month most likely.

The Flash

Banned
My wee cousin does. Considering getting one down the line.
This isn't a troll, God's honest, before you begin to think that. :D

I had a look about online and couldn't the T&C's that this ""Share Voice Data to Allow"" thing would cover. I'm genuinely curious as to what enabling this would allow, legally.

Which brings me to this update to the OP

And before it becomes a problem, let's get this one thing out of the way. This thread is for the discussion of an update that is coming to the Xbox One. It is not a thread where we try to one up another console because it does or does not have this or that feature or functionality. If you have the unbearable urge to point out a reason why your system of choice is superior because it can do this, that, and the other and another system can't; then please, do so in another thread.

I don't believe you were trolling by the way

Handy Fake

Which brings me to this update to the OP

I don't believe you were trolling by the way

My apologies then. I didn't personally think that what I mentioned was outside the boundaries of the discussion, but if that's the consensus, then I shall bid you and this thread a fond adieu with no hard feelings. :)

They need to make more improvements to the audio from the controller port. It's still rather shoddy. Hoping that's addressed in this update.

RonanN1

Banned
I'm still waiting for:

1. The AUTO SIGN IN feature (like the X360 has) without kinect.
  2. Japanese language support (like the X360 has)
  3. 1080i support (like the X360 has)

Welfare

I thought the sound mixer was in the previous update. Am I going crazy?

Will definitely opt-in to that Speech recognition Improvement. Whenever I say "Volume Done", the Kinect hears it as "One Guide". Gets really annoying in Matchmaking.

Bsigg12

I thought the sound mixer was in the previous update. Am I going crazy?

Will definitely opt-in to that Speech recognition Improvement. Whenever I say "Volume Done", the Kinect hears it as "One Guide". Gets really annoying in Matchmaking.

No it was there and then they pulled it when the public release of the April update went out.

The Flash

Banned
Anyway for someone to get invite you in still? If so please invite me if allowed.

GT: YOUGONLEARN2DAY

67037-Christian-Bale-oh-kiss-reactio-NZEo.gif

No controller update for those wondering.

You're now able to scroll that little friends leaderboard on the product page for each game. Pretty sure that's new.

Whogie

Got it. No more need for "Stop Listening" !!!
Really happy about that. That was super annoying.

Submitting voice data was really buried, but I sure as hell turned it on.

If this is anything like past preview updates, this is just a couple of bits of a larger update. Last one started with bluray fixes and later became much more feature rich.

The Flash

Banned
Before I find myself swamped with PM's asking for invites into the program, would anyone else who's already in the program like to offer there assistance? I'll make an edit to the OP stating that we are willing to help people get in. Hopefully that'll prevent the body of the thread becoming filled with requests.

IJoel

Speech recognition has been getting progressively worse with each update for me. I don't understand why, but for instance, I used to be able to say "Xbox On" once from my stairs as I was heading to the living room and it would recognize it 9/10 times. Now, I don't even bother, I just use the controller (I've tried, and well, I end up repeating "Xbox On" many times before it gets it).

TheGrue

I want XBox to lower the sound when it hears me say XBox so that it can then hear the rest of what I have to say and not have to struggle against a commercial blasting speech over me.

Also would be nice if the mixer would let me adjust levels of various apps outside of snap. TV is much louder than games and id like to just set levels in the mixer. Does it work that way?

RdN

Sound mixer is a big feature for me.

I want XBox to lower the sound when it hears me say XBox so that it can then hear the rest of what I have to say and not have to struggle against a commercial blasting speech over me.

This would be pretty good.

malfcn

Maybe let you back out of the update.
If you go to system update and see it's 800GB it'd be nice to press the nope button.

rjcc

Why is there a "disconnect wireless and close" option in the new menu once you check for an update?

I hit it just to see what happened, and not only did it disconnect, it forgot my wireless network entirely and I had to set it up again.

xray49er

Got it. No more need for "Stop Listening" !!!
Really happy about that. That was super annoying.

Submitting voice data was really buried, but I sure as hell turned it on.

Sorry it is in the op I found it

Do you mind telling where it is. I have been trying to submit voice data but can't find it for the life of me

rjcc

Sorry it is in the op I found it

Do you mind telling where it is. I have been trying to submit voice data but can't find it for the life of me

it's deeeeeep. go in to customize your privacy preferences, and it's the last tile all the way at the right. you will not be turning this on by accident.

Special C

I noticed the "force close" command when you menu button the active game no longer works. No big deal but it was handy to reset the game when it was being buggy.

Speech Recognition? FINALLY!

Xbox Turn Off might actually work now.

Are you getting the issue where Yes/No don't register? If so, just do a hard reset (hold the power button for 15 seconds and once off unplug the box for a few seconds). That worked for me when it happened like a month or two ago.

That's awesome this shipped already. I need to get into the preview program. :(

Tazo

To get an invite, you can follow me (t4z0) on Xbox One or SmartGlass. I'll add you as a friend and send you an invite. Posting your gamertag in this thread won't help much, it's just much easier to add friends rather than type in hundreds of names. Generally you'll be sent a message from Xbox Live if you've been accepted into Early Access within two days, they'll give you a code to download the Preview Registration app.

Also here are some codes:
[all redeemed now, sorry!]

Tazo

Here's the information on the update from the forums, too:

We have started to deploy the latest update for you to preview: 1405 (xb_rel_1405. 10938.0.140429-2200). Consoles that are in standby mode will be able to install the update starting at 4:00PM PDT on May 2nd. If you want it right away, feel free to use the new System Updates button! Simply check Settings>System, and if you see System update, click it to start your update. Consoles that have not received the update in standby mode or via the manual update button by 1:00AM PDT on May 4th will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live.

Let’s take a look at some of the changes and fixes you’ll be seeing in the coming update!

Improvements and Fixes
Several improvements to Kinect gesture controls, including better tracking of hands, fingers, and a user’s head.
Updates to the Kinect IR blasting feature to address reported issues, resulting in better control over certain devices.
Underlying OS changes required to enable planned 1405 features.

New Additions
Snap and Kinect Audio Controls. We know you loved the brief view of the UI for this feature in the last wave, but it wasn’t quite ready. It’s now ready for everyone to give it a go! Adjust the volume differences between apps when you have one open in Snap, or adjust how much softer the audio is made when using Kinect for communication.

Opt-In to help us improve Speech Recognition. We’re always looking to make Kinect Voice Recognition more accurate, and the more voices we have to fine tune our algorithms, the better it can be! As such, we’ve added an option under Settings>Privacy & Online Safety>Customizing privacy and online safety titled Share Voice Data. Setting this to “Allow” will send allow to use your voice data to make Kinect Voice Recognition better.

Test the System Update button! Now that the System Update button is available, we hope you’ll put it to use as new updates become available in this Wave! Try it out, and let us know of any issues you run into.

Top Bottom