• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One May Preview Update - Sound Mixer! Volume Control! Speech Recognition! Oh My!

link1201

it was one of the questions on the survey they sent out. I for one, said I'd be happy w/ more frequent fixes

I am too. I am not sure why but I love it when I get a new update.

Here's the newest update info.

"We have started to deploy the latest 1405 update (xb_rel_1405.140512-2200) for you to preview! This primarily contains a fix for users experiencing delays with Xbox, On.

New version: 1405 (xb_rel_1405.140512-2200).

How to get it:
•Consoles that are in standby mode will be able to install the update starting at 7:00PM PDT on May 14th.
•If you want it right away, feel free to use the new System Updates button! Simply check Settings>System, and if you see Update console instead of "No update available", click it to start your update.
•Consoles that have not received the update in standby mode or via the manual update button by 1:00AM PDT on May 16th will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live.

Below are some of the details of this update!

New Stuff
•Update to resolve an issue where "Xbox, On" would take several seconds to be recognized.

Known Issues
•A small number of users may notice that party chat only comes out of their surround sound speakers instead of their headset. A fix was thought to be in place, but a few users have continued to report the issue. The team is digging into these reports and is still investigating. "

MCD

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/25oymp/adding_more_hype_on_the_list_of_things_to_come

1gggt0u.jpg

Caayn

Sweet, time to start searching for a external hard disk. Currently I've got 90.9GB free, I highly doubt that I'll reach the end of the year with that.

Has there been any limits given on what we can connect? X number of drives, X storage capacity?
With the kinectless xb1, surely auto login is on it's way soon right?
I'm guessing that an update will be released just before or on 9/6 to make the system more controller friendly with things like auto-log-in without Kinect.

mcrommert

Banned
Its been reported but i'm having major issues with tv dropping surround. It keeps popping back to stereo and wont fix even with reboots. POOP

pixlexic

Banned
If the new update did anything special I did not see it this morning.

I checked the contrast filter .. And it's still there.

Not sure why it was so large, the Xbox forums topic for this version only mention the following:

"Update to resolve an issue a small number of users noticed that party chat only comes out through their surround sound speaker instead of headset."

"Small fixes to make your Xbox One experience better."

Yeah considering they aren't adding features on these new May builds they are rolling out, I kinda assume at this point that an update will be rolling out on June 9th coinciding with the release of the new SKU and the E3 conference.

I'm guessing that an update will be released just before or on 9/6 to make the system more controller friendly with things like auto-log-in without Kinect.

Yeah. I suspect we're gonna see that real soon.

Not sure why it was so large, the Xbox forums topic for this version only mention the following:

"Update to resolve an issue a small number of users noticed that party chat only comes out through their surround sound speaker instead of headset."

"Small fixes to make your Xbox One experience better."

Maybe some fixes are better implemented if they make you redownload the entire OS again? Just a guess.

statham

Just turned on the Xbox and was greeted with a 1750mb update. That seems rather large.

edit: maybe it was 1.6gb

Station42

Cool that the updates keep coming. I'm always hoping for better language options in Europe, i.e., any options.

The lack of language options is EMBARRASSING, especially since most games don't let you pick a language themselves.

I am tired of playing TitanFall in Italian :((((

Special C

Me and my freinds had a huge mess trying to play Titanfall yesterday. Game Chat or Party Chat wasn't working for anyone and some of our freinds lists were showing everyone online.

sangreal

Yeah you need to look at the full version string like malfcn posted or at least the middle portion which is the build date. The latest is may 14

Anyone having chat issues since this update? A friend and I are trying to chat right now, both with the bundled headset. He can hear me, but I can't hear him. Our OS versions match, and we didn't seem to have any problems last time we tried party chat.

June preview must be close.

May update was originally taken out of the April one which we previewed back in March. After Phil got the job he spoke to the team doing OS updates to plan June and July, the same time they spoke about it was when they said they were planning the Kinectless sku (regardless of whether you believe that or not)

Hopefully we will hear about it in 10 days or so, I expect at the very least to have auto sign in without Kinect. Im sure there will be other little UI updates to make it a bit more intuitive.

malfcn

So there was a free Watch_Dogs gun that I download for Xbox One.

You still CANNOT manage content for games not installed.
The download shows up NOWHERE on my HDD.

I confirmed this back when Target had the Ghosts sale for $25 that you could trade to BBY for $45. I popped in the game, and instantly was able to manage the game and uninstall all the add-ons that I had previous loaded.

This should be fixed.

sangreal

So there was a free Watch_Dogs gun that I download for Xbox One.

I confirmed this back when Target had the Ghosts sale for $25 that you could trade to BBY for $45. I popped in the game, and instantly was able to manage the game and uninstall all the add-ons that I had previous loaded.

This should be fixed.
Yeah, it's really stupid.. where is the free watch dogs gun at though?

e: oh, looks like some monster promotion. grabbed one

The Flash

Banned
With hdd support seemingly on the horizon, what else do you think will be in next month's update? I'd like to see digital preordering and a screenshot function my own self.

Bsigg12

With hdd support seemingly on the horizon, what else do you think will be in next month's update? I'd like to see digital preordering and a screenshot function my own self.

I'm hoping for digital pre-ordering/pre-loading, an achievement page update that takes the rarity stat from PSN and applies it, and background music playing without snap.

Welcome back by the way.

The Flash

Banned
I'm hoping for digital pre-ordering/pre-loading, an achievement page update that takes the rarity stat from PSN and applies it, and background music playing without snap.

Welcome back by the way.

Thanks. I got really sad when I found out that the MS thread got locked because I was going to use this gif when I got back.

GlassEvergreenBallpython.gif

airborn

It's also not possible to pause or cancel a DLC download if the full game hasn't been installed.

It will continue downloading regardless if you want it or not.

Top Bottom