• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Sales Top an Estimated 40 Million Units Worldwide Sales - VGCHARTZ.

I have been removed from the thread for low effort posts and no real desire to engage properly like an adult.
That all you got? 3 year old references from mistakes made long ago.
Lost argument and bitch confirmed.

You're still the same, man. The wolf changes its fur, but not its nature.

Kagey K

Banned
Like i said above : Down from 40 to 15 it positive, isn't it, LOL. But + is a + still
K but by your math if I sold 100k last year and sold 50 nationally and 50 internationally, that’s good.

If I sell 130k this year but sell 80k nationally and only 40k internationally that’s bad?

I sold more units and made more money. The offset of the customers gained vs lost makes the ratio look bigger, but I gained 30k at home and only lost 10k internationally, which gives me a plus 20k gain.

How is this bad?

If I gave you the option of 1 peso or 1 20 USD which are you taking?

Did you lose your international pull by taking the 20.00?

Since you are still replying here I’d like you to address the response to your comment.

You like to argue facts and evidence, and I’ve let you off on some of the other ones, but I would really like an answer to this one.

It’s not even system wars, it’s just math.

Last edited:
Since you are still replying here I’d like you to address the response to your comment.

You like to argue facts and evidence, and I’ve let you off on some of the other ones, but I would really like an answer to this one.
People seem to conflate the US as not belonging to this planet, they'll segregate the US and then say things like "globally its down" while completely ignoring that the US and its effects are in fact a part of the globe. It doesn't need a real answer, we both know it's rhetorical.

Kagey K

Banned
People seem to conflate the US as not belonging to this planet, they'll segregate the US and then say things like "globally its down" while completely ignoring that the US and its effects are in fact a part of the globe. It doesn't need a real answer, we both know it's rhetorical.
Well I’m not from the US, but I have been there enough times to tell you it does in fact exist.

Just for reference this is Xbox One through November for every year via NPD for the US.

• 2014: 3,136,000
  • 2015: 3,560,000
  • 2016: 3,213,900
  • 2017: 2,870,000
  • 2018: 3,407,000
They're looking to have their biggest year since 2015, I can't see any reason as to why an uptick in the US would not be reflected outside of the US as well. The Xbox One X really did wonders for their image. If they push some heavy deals in December they could come close to eclipsing 5 million for the year in the US. Last year they sold more in December than November so we'll see how that pans out.

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I dont get why people care so much about hardware/software sales to begin with. I could see if I were making money off of each piece of hardware MS or Sony sold, but it's the other way around.. MS is making money off of me (not a problem if they keep giving the goods) so I cant see a reason to emotionally invest in the hardware numbers.....AT ALL.

Of course, I legit be frank and say I'd like to see MS take the throne next gen just to see all the meltdowns. The comedy that would ensue would make for some VERY entertaining reads with my morning coffee. That's the only reason though. Other than that, who gives a shit??

mejin

xbox sold almost 3.5 from jan-nov this year in the US. So, it's a safe bet they finally reached 40M. PS4 should be almost 90M.

mejin

I dont get why people care so much about hardware/software sales to begin with. I could see if I were making money off of each piece of hardware MS or Sony sold, but it's the other way around.. MS is making money off of me (not a problem if they keep giving the goods) so I cant see a reason to emotionally invest in the hardware numbers.....AT ALL.

Of course, I legit be frank and say I'd like to see MS take the throne next gen just to see all the meltdowns. The comedy that would ensue would make for some VERY entertaining reads with my morning coffee. That's the only reason though. Other than that, who gives a shit??

You know the answer then. This is what feeds sony fanboys in every sales threads: the reactions and excuses of xbox owners.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
You know the answer then. This is what feeds sony fanboys in every sales threads: the reactions and excuses of xbox owners.
Bullshit. Sony fans (not all but many) just generally dont want to see Micrsoft succeed in this business - which is ridiculous, and is readily apparent in EVERY positive Xbox news thread. That's not excluding GaF. This place is super Sony.

demigod

VG chart? Yawn. Actual Numbers way more. Only Sony fanboys think otherwise
Lol yup,

I think I've been seeing the same 40M headline for past 12+ months :messenger_beaming:
Man the system was estimated at 39.1 million back in March by another analyst firm that Zhuge said was a bit higher than some others but in the ballpark. The reality is the system is no doubt around 45 million right now with November in the bag. Regardless of the detractors the Xbox One seems to have kept a stranglehold on that 2:1 ratio with the PS4 for the entire generation.

Lol at these posts. Vgchartz was pretty damn accurate on the WW numbers.

ethomaz

Banned
After the Zhuge said “41 million” that site just shadow downgrade their estimates by 2 million to try to fit.

And people still wants argue about the accuracy of VGC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom