• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One sold 23k during launch week in Japan, TitanFall best-selling title

Honey Bunny

Bandai SwanCrystal Launch - 30,692

Microsoft Xbox One Launch - 23,562

Hmm...

0xzAncD.gif

Seik

Banned
That's a shame, I thought it would be a flamboyant success after seeing that crowd waiting in line to get one.

KzpjSnZ.png

My guess

I'm thinking five figures, like 25,000. And then a major drop to 2,000 the next week.

These numbers are based on zero market research and have been pulled from deep within my buttocks.

Boom!

Seriously, though. If next week really does come in at 2000ish, I don't know how worth it would be for MS to seek exclusive games / content (timed or otherwise) there. And I'll also be buying some lotto tickets or visiting my good friend in Vegas :)

Celine

Could honestly be never with an opening like that

Aqua do you by chance have OG Xbox LTD in Japan?
Superior Tracker (Famitsu):

Xbox: 473K
Xbox 360: 1615K
Xbox One: 23K to xxxK

Bandai SwanCrystal Launch - 30,692

Microsoft Xbox One Launch - 23,562

Hmm...
SwanCrystal was a sweet prince that died too young (I know it's mostly a screen revision of the WSC but the screen makes a difference).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This is about what was expected, but still horrible. Wouldn't be surprised to see more Batman-type situations in the future.

That's a rough launch. Week 2 will likely plummet, and there is unlikely to be anything else coming out soon after this launch that will appeal to Japanese audiences. Scalebound though, right?

BokehKing

Banned
Lowered expectations, thought it was going to sell like 5000 units.
This, my expectations were around there, I saw these numbers and we're actually surprised that it sold that much. I'm guessing people ordered it online and had it delivered? Didn't see many people lined up for it that's for sure.

Paracelsus

Not like they can get much mileage from Japan one way or the other. I mean, really, even the leading home platform is doing facepalm-worthy numbers, their bomba just scaled accordingly.

antibolo

Banned
After those reports of only One person buying one at a given shop on launch day, I was honestly expecting worse.

I wonder how many of those 23k sales are Microsoft employees

Neither will Wii U compared to its predecessor. Nor will PS4 compared to predecessor.

Home consoles are in serious decline in Japan if you haven't noticed.

I'm not talking about it's predecessor, I'm talking about it's predecessor's predecessor, you know the great big black thing with the massive X on it, the one that sold atrociously in Japan (like 400Kish)

mclem

Boxes
In your multitudes
Scarce to be counted
Filling the shelves
Preorderless shite
You are the dead consels (poetic license!)
Silent and sure
Missing out on the hype
Missing out on the hype

You know your place on the shelves
You hold your spot by your games
And each generation
Returns and returns
And it's always the same.
When you don't sell as Playstations sell
You dwell in shame

And so it has been and so it is written
On the doorway to Japanland
That those who offer few games at all
Shall pay the price

Lord, let me sell one
That I might see them
Show up on the charts
I will never rest
'til then
This I swear
This I swear by the box

Are we creating a pool for how long it takes before this system is sub 1k per week in Japan?

I'm guessing ... March 2015 it will be down to sub 1k per week

I don't get it. Can someone explain why Microsoft even decided to launch the Xbox One in Japan? I mean, I don't think many of us are analysts here on Gaf, but even we knew it would bomb. Are they even turning in a profit at all with this launch?

Wow you're a bit of an optimist

Not joking

Lol

Paskil

Sold over double (maybe triple) PS4. Confirmed new console king in Japan. All should bow down to your lord and master, XB1.

Top Bottom