• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBox One Tour has started - check the map for demo truck locations and dates

Honestly if you can play the wave game with a controller and it isn't some bizarro world that Sikamikanico stepped into at the time, I think I might get rivals just for that when I eventually get an XB1

My thoughts exactly. Not interested in any of the other events they've shown, but the prospect of a good water based racer is far too tempting to pass up.

Honestly if you can play the wave game with a controller and it isn't some bizarro world that Sikamikanico stepped into at the time, I think I might get rivals just for that when I eventually get an XB1

I've got some mates going on the 27th or 29th in the evening. I'll get them to film them playing it with the controller for you. I should have done it when I was there. My bad!

EagleEyes

I don't know what to think about all these positive impressions of Xbox One. I think you guys maybe mistaken because the focus of Xbox One is not games but TV, services and apps. Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct and whatever else was there are simply apps disguised as videogames. When you get an Xbox One on the 22nd of next month those things that you thought were games will no longer work with a controller and will have to be operated with Kinect using your voice or waving your arms. This is how Microsoft lures unsuspecting victims into the brand new world of Xbox. :p
In all seriousness, I'm loving all these recent impressions and it is making the wait till the 22nd of November very hard.

My thoughts exactly. Not interested in any of the other events they've shown, but the prospect of a good water based racer is far too tempting to pass up.

It has been a long time since I've played one to be honest

I think it might go back to the N64 lol

I've got some mates going on the 27th or 29th in the evening. I'll get them to film them playing it with the controller for you. I should have done it when I was there. My bad!

No worries you wrote a great impression and provided more insight than anyone else thus far

Would be great if we got more confirmation of the controller as an option

You need to get Hydro Thunder Hurricane if you have a 360. Fantastic game, criminally underrated. Oh and get the DLC while you're at it.

Hmm I do still have a newer 360 although it has some rice in it to tell the truth. Got water damage and tried to save it. Seems to work fine actually but well still rice inside.

That sounds like a good game to see if it can run okay as I've kind of left it since.

Yes.

It was bloody wonderful.
Wow! Very interesting! I remember it coming up before but I thought nothing came out of it as we couldn't get an official response.

Wonder if it is a debug mode as people were saying or if it is for sure in there. The people working at the booth didn't mention anything either way?

And awesome impressions! Thanks for sharing!

Wow! Very interesting! I remember it coming up before but I thought nothing came out of it as we couldn't get an official response.

Wonder if it is a debug mode as people were saying or if it is for sure in there. The people working at the booth didn't mention anything either way?

And awesome impressions! Thanks for sharing!

The rep said I should use the Kinect for this game (implying she knew it could be played without) - I said I would, but I wanted to see if it worked, and she let me mess around with the pad on it. I then further sweet talked her into letting me create my "champion" which was really impressive tech.

p3tran

Banned
oh-no-yes.gif
haha
you'll do a great job. it was your impressions of the game that got me pumped for it anyway 8)

between forza, this, ryse, killer instinct and the shooters, its going to be a very unproductive winter :)

The rep said I should use the Kinect for this game (implying she knew it could be played without) - I said I would, but I wanted to see if it worked, and she let me mess around with the pad on it. I then further sweet talked her into letting me create my "champion" which was really impressive tech.
Haha! Awesome! Could you still do the flips and stuff with the controller? Did the steering and hard lean have anything to do with the bumpers or was it just the stick sensitivity?

Also for the champion creator how long did it take to create you? In the early videos it seemed to take a while. Did you notice it was any faster?

Sorry for all the questions! Just really stoked for this game!

Haha! Awesome! Could you still do the flips and stuff with the controller? Did the steering and hard lean have anything to do with the bumpers or was it just the stick sensitivity?

Also for the champion creator how long did it take to create you? In the early videos it seemed to take a while. Did you notice it was any faster?

Sorry for all the questions! Just really stoked for this game!

The steering was controlled via left stick, tricks/stunts by moving the right. Triggers were acceleration/braking as expected.

Can't remember what the bumpers did (if anything), sorry!

The champion creator did take a little while (I do forgive Kinect for that, it was loud, dark and generally a poor environment to scan me in), but it was interesting to watch. First the Kinect asks you to raise your hand above your head to show who wants to be scanned. Then you step back, and it creates a digital you out of blocks. Then it asks you to step closer, and the blocks change into a real time scan of your face. It was pretty amazing to be honest, you could see all the muscles change when I spoke, laughed, frowned etc. Then it asked me to turn my head to the left, right, tilt up and down. Then it made me my Champion. Overall, around 5 minutes of waiting though. But test build blah blah blah. :)

The steering was controlled via left stick, tricks/stunts by moving the right. Triggers were acceleration/braking as expected.

Can't remember what the bumpers did (if anything), sorry!

The champion creator did take a little while (I do forgive Kinect for that, it was loud, dark and generally a poor environment to scan me in), but it was interesting to watch. First the Kinect asks you to raise your hand above your head to show who wants to be scanned. Then you step back, and it creates a digital you out of blocks. Then it asks you to step closer, and the blocks change into a real time scan of your face. It was pretty amazing to be honest, you could see all the muscles change when I spoke, laughed, frowned etc. Then it asked me to turn my head to the left, right, tilt up and down. Then it made me my Champion. Overall, around 5 minutes of waiting though. But test build blah blah blah. :)

Do we know if you have to do the champion creator to play?

Phil is calling you a liar:

This guy...

I'm leaning towards believing Sik over Spencer. Sik, after all, has no reason to lie about there being controller support and it ties into the rumour about the game having some level of controller support too...

Spencer on the hand has a history of half truths, etc and it wouldn't surprise me if this was the case here. As in some events are Kinect only, but others offer both Kinect and controller support.

UNCMark

Banned
This guy...

I'm leaning towards believing Sik over Spencer. Sik, after all, has no reason to lie about there being controller support and it ties into the rumour about the game having some level of controller support too...

Spencer on the hand has a history of half truths, etc and it wouldn't surprise me if this was the case here. As in some events are Kinect only, but others offer both Kinect and controller support.

Phil has responded again saying Kinect dev versions sometimes support limited controls and also god modes. The guy tweeting him said it played like it was built for the controller, and if Phil didn't want to give out the impression that it was playable on controller, they probably shouldn't be demoing it. To which he said:

Yep, you can assume message has already been given....

Timu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnpfTxRABRI&feature=youtu.be

Holy shit at the horde the demo starts in. Goddamn. and with no slow-down. Double holy shit at the horde at 1.20. LOL at the football and monitor combination creating a laser sword.

Damn, that looks so good. I don't know how I'm going to resist buying and X1 and this at launch instead of 2015 as I originally planned.
Wow this game is looking more awesome each time I see it..and it's a day one for me.=)

Rey

Dead Rising 3 looks like so much fun. Specially with Coop mode....OMG.
Thanks for the impressions and vids.

Krilekk

Banned
Phil has responded again saying Kinect dev versions sometimes support limited controls and also god modes. The guy tweeting him said it played like it was built for the controller, and if Phil didn't want to give out the impression that it was playable on controller, they probably shouldn't be demoing it. To which he said:

Strange, why do they still behave like they have to sell Kinect? It comes with every console, they should just do the right thing and let players decide if they want to play with Kinect or controller. Guess they aren't interested in maximizing sales.

Big ass awesome post

I went yesterday too (12-5pm slot) and was going to write a mega post about but yours is much better than I would write!

I had a great time though, got to play everything, was surprised at how responsive Kinect was for Kinect Sports Rivals, (I didn't try it with the controller btw) and thought it was really fun, its a big shame its not a launch title as they need to get it out there really.

Ryse was my favourite game of the day, I thought it was a newer build as it didn't say Gamescom on it, no bugs/glitches that I could see it was great. Played it twice, first time I didn't do any executions because I wasn't sure how to start them played the entire time just slashing away at enemies. As said before executions are entirely optional including the slow mo stuff which I really liked and it means if i get a bit bored of them I can just use them to get the reward for completing them.

I had a couple of games of Fifa, they've fixed the switching between players which is a joke on current-gen. The sticks on XBO controller being a bit losers made it easier (better) to go around players and generally move around, players felt better too, feel less clunky.

Played Zoo Tycoon and got to wash an animal which was fun, getting that for xmas I think should be a nice chilled out game to get.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

9RsXk1A.png

Application successful, yo. Now I just have to hppe nothing comes up. Pretty awesome that it's about 20 mins away by train from where I work too...

So excited, I'm going to finally get my hands on Dead Rising 3.

GwViLZB.gif

derFeef

I am kinda pissed now that I was not able to take pics. I looked at every menu in DR3 - would have been handy for the OT :/

Just cam back from the Xbox Tour (Truck) in Minneapolis, here are a few thoughts:

1. Controller feels good. The bumpers felt a little weird at first but once I got used to them them actually felt very comfortable to rest on. They are a little different from the 360 controller because they are more "built in" to the controller vs. buttons sticking out. The sticks and d-pad felt very good also.

2. Killer Instinct is awesome. I'm not a big fighting fan but the game is really fun and fairly easy to pick up. Thank god Jago is the free character because he was the best from the 4 they had to choose from(Galcius, Jago, saberwulf, and Chief Thunder). One thing that I'm not sure if it's news or not but, some guy brought his fight stick and it worked. He said it was a MAS Pro Stick. Here is a pic of him playing Killer Instinct with it:

sZZ0Uts.jpg

3. I barely played Fifa or Forza because I'm not fans of either but they both looked good visually.

The guy and girl that were there said they were from Florida and Texas so they were loving that good ol' Minnesota weather! Fun event though. I'm way more pumped for KI now than I ever was. Can't wait for the 22nd!

Bsigg12

I wonder if most wired peripherals will work? That seems crazy that the fight stick would work. I wonder if racing wheels will? I know they said they won't but I wonder if that was in regards to wireless ones?

Just checked it out in Montreal, downtown Futureshop. Only two setup both had Forza going, TV's looked better calibrated than some of the other shots from the truck setups in this thread. Controller was nice, not sure what everyone is on about the bumpers. They felt better than the 360 ones to me. Forza looked very nice in person. Not busy at all there, but no mention of it anywhere besides buried on the FS website.

Alx

I'd be very glad if my arcade stick was supported by the One. Would be very useful for Killer Instinct, and there was no way I would buy a new one just for that game. *crossing fingers*

Top Bottom