• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBox One Tour has started - check the map for demo truck locations and dates

netBuff

You really want to make a point today, don't you.

I'm interested in other people's impressions, but this thread has been pretty much dead, considering quite a few people should have had the chance to get a go at the Xbox the last few days.

Should of just posted your impressions in the appropriate thread then otherwise the "whiners" as you put it wouldn't whine

Please, it's just the usual suspects not being content with discussion on a truthful, but negative account on the Xbox One.

I'm interested in other people's impressions, but this thread has been pretty much dead, considering quite a few people should have had the chance to get a go at the Xbox the last few days.

This surprised me too. The Philly event basically kicked off the thing, and it went for like 4 days. They were doing it in 3 hour blocks, and I stayed til the end of mine. By the end of it, more reps had shown up for the night session, and they basically outnumbered everyone there. VERY odd.

Also very little advertising as well. Not sure why Microsoft didn't push it hard. They clearly put a ton of money into everything; the venue was basically transformed into a XBox-centric thing, and every kiosk probably had a good 1k worth of stuff at it, what with XBOne/TV and whatnot.

And I very much appreciated the Turtle Beaches they put at every kiosk, especially since they were the ones with surround sound. Wish they had more wipes though D:

Satchel

Banned
Here's a comparison shot with the X360 E

phppzqa1l.jpg

Been trying to find it's dimensions for comparison

That would make it a touch bigger than the S. So probably the same size as the fat 360.

Please, it's just the usual suspects not being content with discussion on a truthful, but negative account on the Xbox One.

Name the suspects. All of them.

viveks86

Alright guys. Now that the other thread got closed, can we all stick to the topic instead of throwing punches at each other? I'm actually interested in reading more impressions from more people! Positive, negative or neutral, mature or fanboy-ish. Doesn't matter! Just bring it on, I say! :)

netBuff

That would make it a touch bigger than the S. So probably the same size as the fat 360.

The Xbox One is significantly bigger than the Xbox 360 Fat.

And I very much appreciated the Turtle Beaches they put at every kiosk, especially since they were the ones with surround sound. Wish they had more wipes though D:

It was a mix of Astro Gaming A40 as well as TurtleBeach EarForce DX12 at the event I went to. Much prefer the former to the latter.

Milennia

Oh! So how were the A40s connected?

They were hooked up to the tv optical cable, at least thats the only answer, without that adapter, i imagine you just wouldnt be able to talk to other people using the mic, but you would still be able to hear the game by hooking up the headset directly to the television.

netBuff

Yeah, between this & the FightSticks at the one you went to, they had a bit more variety on your end.

Haven't played with a fightstick in years, was fun - even though I was merely button mashing, as I couldn't remember all that many combos after a quick glance at the move list.

But I don't think this is the catalyst that will get me into fighting games, not really my type of genre overall.

We have estimated dimensions on the Xbox One based on a photo of it and the USB slot on the back

It even looks bigger than the Xbox 360 Fat in person.

Gorillaz

Will never understand why these things do not come to OSU. It is on the way from where they are in Indiana to Pittsburgh basically. Also, 50,000+ 18-23 year olds. Columbus is a large city as well.

Oh well I guess.

I think we had NIntendo here....and even a PS vita thing last year iirc

Since threadwhiners forced a closing on my thread, read my impressions over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699025

The short version: I'm really disappointed in the graphical capabilities of the system (I expected a big leap, instead I saw aliasing everywhere) as well as the controller, which seems highly uncomfortable to hold (grips seem to wide, bumpers are strange to press, sticks are much too small).
I'm sorry, but what makes you think your opinion is worth its own thread anyways?
Many of us have had hands on with the Xbone on this tour, and this is the best place to discuss those opinions.

Haven't played with a fightstick in years, was fun - even though I was merely button mashing, as I couldn't remember all that many combos after a quick glance at the move list.

But I don't think this is the catalyst that will get me into fighting games, not really my type of genre overall.

Eh, KI is an odd bird. I had no clue how to play it either; to start combos, you need to land a special move, then go from there. Then it gets crazy.

TnK

Tried this system at a gaming convention about two weeks ago, and I have to say I was not impressed. At all. Tried Ryse, and was fairly boring, plus the graphics never really stood out.

Though, I can say the same thing for the PS4, also tried it there, and there was no game that captured my attention.

At this point, I really question the hype for next gen. I guess people are really that thirsty for a new console generation, as they should be as this generation lasted far too long.

netBuff

Eh, KI is an odd bird. I had no clue how to play it either; to start combos, you need to land a special move, then go from there. Then it gets crazy.

I certainly didn't manage to execute many, but haven't played any Killer Instinct ever.

I'm sorry, but what makes you think your opinion is worth its own thread anyways?
Many of us have had hands on with the Xbone on this tour, and this is the best place to discuss those opinions.

Why the hell not? Do we need to save on threads, lest they run out?

viveks86

Here's my controller and games impressions from the other thread.

Played it at Future Shop in Winnipeg.

Thanks for sharing. It seems like a quite a lot of folks don't like the bumpers. The other stuff has positive or mixed reviews. But those who have any complaints definitely seem to complain about the bumpers. Wonder what the rationale behind the change was.

ref

Extremely improbable. Forza suffers from very visible aliasing, this is also very apparent in recent videos.

I was expecting the aliasing, even if it was 720p, I was more concerned with the course and car detail being much lower than I expected which I think could have been caused since the game is native 1080p running on a 720p.

imtehman

Banned
Since threadwhiners forced a closing on my thread, read my impressions over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699025

The short version: I'm really disappointed in the graphical capabilities of the system (I expected a big leap, instead I saw aliasing everywhere) as well as the controller, which seems highly uncomfortable to hold (grips seem to wide, bumpers are strange to press, sticks are much too small).

you realize you should of just did this in the first place, post your impressions in this thread? As others have said, what did you have to say that went beyond the scope of this thread that you had to make a new thread?

viveks86

you realize you should of just did this in the first place, post your impressions in this thread? As others have said, what did you have to say that went beyond the scope of this thread that you had to make a new thread?

Water under the bridge. Can we move on? :)

netBuff

I was expecting the aliasing, even if it was 720p, I was more concerned with the course and car detail being much lower than I expected.

Unfortunately, this is what next gen brings (at least at launch) - and it's the main reason I came back so disappointed. I expected the graphical leap to be much bigger. It seems compressed video does hide many blemishes that are very apparent when played through HDMI.

The mods didn't seem to think so.

UNCMark

Banned
I certainly didn't manage to execute many, but haven't played any Killer Instinct ever.

That's a shitty answer. Many of us Favorite these impression threads so that we can just go there to read new impressions as they get posted. Spreading them out all over the place makes finding them harder. So having this one for Xbox impressions and the Sony store thread for PS4 impressions is very useful to many of us.

Because that isn't how forums work. Discussion is organized into topical threads.
If everyone made a new thread for their opinions we couldn't have a cohesive discussion.

Water under the bridge. Can we move on? :)
Sure. But when someone comes into a thread whining about thread whiners, he's going to get called out on it.

viveks86

The aliasing is plainly visible even through the compression artifacts. And the aliasing is even more visible when playing the game in person.

But this could have to do with the build they had. I really wish we could see the final build as soon as they go gold.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Missed the truck at my university, will catch the area one event when it rolls around, that one seems to be the better of the two anyways.

I don't care how big it is* as long as it plays games I want.

Need to get out to one of these next gen demo stations. Nov 15/22 can't get here soon enough!

*Except 3DS XL. Bigger is better.

Top Bottom