• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One wins 3 consecutive months in NPD for the first time, #1 UK, up YoY

OCD Guy

Funny to hear people saying Xbox One has better games when the only games that came out recently are GEOW 4(good but more of the same game) and Recore(Badly review game).

What exclusive games have come out for the PS4 in the same period?

Funny to hear people saying Xbox One has better games when the only games that came out recently are GEOW 4(good but more of the same game) and Recore(Badly review game). I definitely think that the PS4 has better games but unfortunately the PS4 slim is a travesty at the price. The main reason I bought a Xbox S was due to getting it for $165 and actually less since I return Halo 5 game back to Target. I don't even have a 4K TV but that is definitely a selling point especially when I can get it for almost nothing. I'm not too enthused about games for it but I can see it's use as a 4K Blu-ray player.

I just bought PSVR and will buy the Pro next month. I just think the PS4 Slim was a mis-step by Sony and they better discount it heavily if they want it to sell well.

Good for Xbox on capitalizing on this but I still don't see the appeal of its game that everybody is touting over Sony. The reason people bought it was that Microsoft is almost giving these away for free. LOL!

/s ?

jjonez18

Honestly, I want to see MS and XB1 hand Sony a year's worth of losses. The fighter in Xbox One makes it seem like the Sony Camp isn't even trying. Some of PlayStation's decisions as of late only make it worse (No UHD Blue Ray/No cross platform play/Updates at a snail's pace/etc...)

Darkangel

Funny to hear people saying Xbox One has better games when the only games that came out recently are GEOW 4(good but more of the same game) and Recore(Badly review game). I definitely think that the PS4 has better games but unfortunately the PS4 slim is a travesty at the price. The main reason I bought a Xbox S was due to getting it for $165 and actually less since I return Halo 5 game back to Target. I don't even have a 4K TV but that is definitely a selling point especially when I can get it for almost nothing. I'm not too enthused about games for it but I can see it's use as a 4K Blu-ray player.

I just bought PSVR and will buy the Pro next month. I just think the PS4 Slim was a mis-step by Sony and they better discount it heavily if they want it to sell well.

Good for Xbox on capitalizing on this but I still don't see the appeal of its game that everybody is touting over Sony. The reason people bought it was that Microsoft is almost giving these away for free. LOL!

I think you're missing the most critically acclaimed racing game of the generation.

novabolt

You didn't buy one, did you? If you did, you clearly have a lot of money to waste. Buying a console even though you don't like the games is weird.

OCD Guy

Its true, but even without Pro announcement I'm not sure Sony would be leading these last few months. Last month in NA for example was not close, Xbox won by a significant margin

But the thing is when Microsoft have more sales it's only apparently because of what Sony do, never on the merits of the Xbox itself.

So if Microsoft launch an exclusive game, sales aren't up because of console bundles with that new game, they're up because Sony didn't launch an exclusive game lol.

We have an example above where someone can't grasp the possibility that someone would want to buy an Xbox One to play Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4.

Reasons such as more of the same are being mentioned, yet Uncharted 4 being more of the same doesn't count.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

I'm pretty confident Gears 4 didn't have an affect on September sales.

www.gamefaqs.com

Purest 78

What Metric are people using for the better games argument? If it's personal taste that's subjective and pointless for a debate. Objectively Ps4 had the highest rated games this year.

ReCore sucks. Gears of War 4 is more of the same. Forza Horizon 3 doesn't exist. 4K Blu-ray player is useless. Brother, you got more bullshit, or did I get all of it? Also, I don't, for a second, believe that you own an Xbox One S.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I've been playing my Xbox One S way more than my PC, and I'm way more of a PC gamer than a console gamer.

Fantastic work with the console by Microsoft.

Good thing you swooped in here to defend Sony. The tide has been turned!

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Great price, great design, great 4K support (4K UHD Blu-Ray, 4K streaming from Netflix and the likes, HDR support, as well as internal upscaling for games to 4K which helps massively for TV's with poor to average upscalers..)... no wonders it is flying off the shelves (even though nothing besides HDR changed as a gaming offering really). It is a very well rounded proposition.

PS4 Slim has an uglier design than before and a cheaper price while PS4 Pro has a lot more performance and trades 4K UHD Blu-Ray for enhanced visuals for some native 4K games and some other games that reach almost 4K with checkerboard rendering as well as offer even more enhanced visuals for 1080p TV's.

Awesome to see. When there's more competition, there's more incentive for companies to improve for players. And they've taken the Xbox brand in an excellent direction with the Xbox One S. I'm even planning on picking it up next month when I originally was going to wait for the Scorpio.

Congrats to the Xbox team. Keep doing your thing Phil.

Kayant

F why did I switch my predictions last minute 😪 😥 😥.
Congrats MS.

Damn! It's been that long since they had consecutive wins.

1000%.

People down play it here, but obviously it was a big deal.
Given the Pro is not out yet no it isn't established whether "it was a big deal" leaving it out. Anecdotal hearsay doesn't prove much atm.

Yes Pro not having UHD drive was a mistake.

3rdbass

Banned
Forza Horizon 3?

A racing game that nobody plays. Overall still see PS4's better with all the releases they have over the year with Uncharted 4(great game), Ratchet and Clank, and Gravity Rush Remasterd. Also, it seems like some of the PSVR games are getting a good reception from Rez Infinite, UD: ROB, Battlezone, Rigs and Batman: AVR. Also, I'm psyched about The Last Guardian. Also, have Bloodbourne and Until Dawn in your lineup doesn't hurt. I just find more enjoyable of games for me.

Kaydan

Banned
I may be the only guy crazy enough to have bought a PS4 slim I guess...

I'm simply not interested in the Pro, and the slim is a nice little machine. In Canada, the difference in price between Pro and slim is 120$ CAD, and Slim comes with 2 games whereas Pro comes with none. The gap is big enough for me to go with the lesser SKU.

Now with XB1S and PS4S, I should be good to go until Scorpio launches.

Elios83

Its true, but even without Pro announcement I'm not sure Sony would be leading these last few months. Last month in NA for example was not close, Xbox won by a significant margin

Last month it was the launch month of a new hardware for MS while for Sony it was a dead summer month with zero movement. It's obvious that it wasn't close.
And Microsoft also had huge fire sales on old models (with price dropping to 250$) something that didn't happen for OG PS4s and even in September they gave away a free game in the last week of the month on top of a Halo bundle including already what...5 games?
Let's not forget how much effort Microsoft is putting in trying to get these sales, while Sony is pretty much booking preorders for the Pro and going to the bank with the profits of selling a really cheap to manufacture Slim at 299$ while still selling pretty much the same of the competition and still outselling them easily worldwide. Just to get a full perspective on things.
Still it's good and undeniable that Microsoft is putting efforts in trying to please consumers and they're getting positive results with the Xbox One S, the market needs to stay competitive so that we can benefit of better deals and games and whoever is leading feels the pressure and doesn't get complacent.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Them winning is the only thing guaranteeing a somewhat lively NPD thread.

A racing game that nobody plays. Overall still see PS4's better with all the releases they have over the year with Uncharted 4(great game), Ratchet and Clank, and Gravity Rush Remasterd. Also, it seems like some of the PSVR games are getting a good reception from Rez Infinite, UD: ROB, Battlezone, Rigs and Batman: AVR. Also, I'm psyched about The Last Guardian. Also, have Bloodbourne and Until Dawn in your lineup doesn't hurt. I just find more enjoyable of games for me.

So your argument just went from Xbox has no games to listing PS VR timed exclusives and remasters to "I just find Sony's games more enjoyable", all while downplaying a successful racing series?

Neff

I still think PS4 is the better console overall, but between the S' improvements and backwards compatibility being on fire at the moment, Xbox One is a hot piece of kit and I'm really happy to own one.

I'm genuinely curious. Are you an adult?

labaronx

Awesome to see. When there's more competition, there's more incentive for companies to improve for players. And they've taken the Xbox brand in an excellent direction with the Xbox One S. I'm even planning on picking it up next month when I originally was going to wait for the Scorpio.

Yeah yeah yeah jk/ here anything else about dead dont ride? 4k support? 2017 release? @PlayStation experience 16?

Bgamer90

Banned
A racing game that nobody plays.

What? Seriously? So it's impossible for the game to be the first Forza Horizon game for many people due to how well the game reviewed (on top of it being bought by people who loved the series already)?

Overall still see PS4's better with all the releases they have over the year with Uncharted 4(great game), Ratchet and Clank, and Gravity Rush Remasterd. Also, it seems like some of the PSVR games are getting a good reception from Rez Infinite, UD: ROB, Battlezone, Rigs and Batman: AVR. Also, I'm psyched about The Last Guardian. Also, have Bloodbourne and Until Dawn in your lineup doesn't hurt. I just find more enjoyable of games for me.

That's fine but what does this have to do with the Xbox's current streak?

3rdbass

Banned
I've been playing my Xbox One S way more than my PC, and I'm way more of a PC gamer than a console gamer.

Fantastic work with the console by Microsoft.

Good thing you swooped in here to defend Sony. The tide has been turned!

I didn't say it has been turned but it isn't like XBOX Slim is destroying PS4 every month. They are winning but they are also cheaper overall in the market and are giving a 4K Blu-ray player. It is stupid not to buy one for under $200 with the 4K blu-ray player when the PS4 is still selling for $300 with no 4K blu-ray player. I do hope Sony is not going back to it's PS3 days and think it will win on name alone.

I'm glad both are doing better now but still think Sony overall is still destroying Xbox One globally. Sony needs to keep the good games coming out and maybe reduce the slim permanently to $249 after the holidays.

wapplew

Time to move PlayStation HQ back to Japan. They managed to sell PS4 slim without 4K bluray just fine unlike SIEA.

labaronx

What? Seriously? So it's impossible for the game to be the first Forza Horizon game for many people due to how well the game reviewed (on top of it being bought by people who loved the series already)?

That's fine but what does this have to do with the Xbox's current streak?

Nothing probably a response to the sony becoming complacent crowd that always shows up in these threads, still perfect storm and smart decisions by Microsoft cant be said enough

Colbert

Banned

This!

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

Calls Gears and Forza more of the same, proceeds to list a bunch of sequels and remasters on PS4.

huh1678

Banned
What exclusive games have come out for the PS4 in the same period?

Except sony releases games during the rest of the year and Microsoft basically throws all their games into sept-dec lol. Two different approaches yet some people always bring it up as a negative for sony when so many 3rd party games are released during the fall holiday period anyway.

novabolt

Except sony releases games during the rest of the year and Microsoft basically throws all their games into sept-dec lol. Two different approaches yet some people always bring it up as a negative for sony when so many 3rd party games are released during the fall holiday period anyway.

I would like to see Sony throw a game out September, it would spice things up.

Top Bottom