• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Concern

I have a PS5 and dont even have a single PS5 game on it. I got it in prep for Ratchet and have just been playing some PS4 games with the higher frame rates so that wouldn't even show I have a PS5 and would prove nothing.

I can debate games till I am blue in the face and ready to smash a keyboard over someones head, but I will never understand the console warriors. It literally is the vessel. It would like be arguing over gasoline from different gas stations.

Exactly. I can talk games all-day here. But half the jackasses insist on derailing threads with console wars. Claiming fake credentials as engineers to make absurd claims on top of it all.

II_JumPeR_I

Agree with this, 4&5 get shat on from people who like the original games and don’t like change. However, objectively they are still very good games, rated 87 & 84 respectively on Metacritic.

As someone who plays the MCC all the time, 4&5 online are still brilliant games in my opinion.
They get shit on because they are terrible halo games, simple as that. Change isnt always good ..

Has anyone else experience this with the Series X...

I will turn the console on via controller (pushing the Xbox button in the middle). It'll power on the Xbox, but then the Xbox won't recognize the controller (as if it's not paired, and yet it literally just turned the Xbox on).

If I turn on a 2nd controller, it works fine, but to get the original one working I have to power cycle the whole console. I don't remember this issue happening with the One X, but this happens like once a day on the Series X now and it's annoying as hell. I keep 2 controllers with me just in case (and because I'm lazy).

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I will turn the console on via controller (pushing the Xbox button in the middle). It'll power on the Xbox, but then the Xbox won't recognize the controller (as if it's not paired, and yet it literally just turned the Xbox on).

If I turn on a 2nd controller, it works fine, but to get the original one working I have to power cycle the whole console. I don't remember this issue happening with the One X, but this happens like once a day on the Series X now and it's annoying as hell. I keep 2 controllers with me just in case (and because I'm lazy).

I actually had this happen yesterday. I had to do a full shutdown and resycned the controller. Been ok since then.

I have had a few weird things with Auto HDR since the last update. Been playing a lot of Undermine and sometimes coming outta rest mode it wont toggle HDR on my OLED but still says its playing in Auto HDR when you hit the guide. Seems like a bug.

I actually had this happen yesterday. I had to do a full shutdown and resycned the controller. Been ok since then.

I have had a few weird things with Auto HDR since the last update. Been playing a lot of Undermine and sometimes coming outta rest mode it wont toggle HDR on my OLED but still says its playing in Auto HDR when you hit the guide. Seems like a bug.

It's weird because it usually only happens the first time I turn the console on for the day. I can turn it on and off and works fine, but in the morning it tends to do it more often. I just can't think why it'd turn on the Xbox one and THEN not connect. It had to be connected to turn the console on in the first place! Ugh.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It's weird because it usually only happens the first time I turn the console on for the day. I can turn it on and off and works fine, but in the morning it tends to do it more often. I just can't think why it'd turn on the Xbox one and THEN not connect. It had to be connected to turn the console on in the first place! Ugh.

Perhaps its a bug with the most recent update? Did you have this issue before?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

You're waking it up too early, Xbox likes to sleep in :messenger_beaming:

cormack12

Gold Member

Try holding the xbox button for a few seconds longer until it logs you in.

I have a PS5 and dont even have a single PS5 game on it. I got it in prep for Ratchet and have just been playing some PS4 games with the higher frame rates so that wouldn't even show I have a PS5 and would prove nothing.

I can debate games till I am blue in the face and ready to smash a keyboard over someones head, but I will never understand the console warriors. It literally is the vessel. It would like be arguing over gasoline from different gas stations.

%100 man 🤜🤛 being a hardcore fanboy its an illness, no cure.

I stop by UK occasionally (business related) you should see them fight over soccer teams, that was something incredible to witness it..dudes leaving on a stretcher.🤕🚑

🤭🙊

Perhaps its a bug with the most recent update? Did you have this issue before?

I feel like it's happened on and off since launch if I think back, but perhaps not as frequent. Now it feels like it's every day, though over the weekend I removed the One X from the media cabinet and started using the Series X exclusively in the living room. My wife will turn the Xbox on via the controller and then yell at me that it's not working right.

You're waking it up too early, Xbox likes to sleep in :messenger_beaming:

Guess I can't blame it then!

Try holding the xbox button for a few seconds longer until it logs you in.

When I boot up the Xbox it gives options for which user to sign in, auto-sign-in isn't enabled. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Banjo64

cumsessed
They get shit on because they are terrible halo games, simple as that. Change isnt always good ..
And that’s fine, but I think it’s still important to make the distinction that them being terrible Halo games doesn’t equal them being terrible games.

But I also liked Nuts and Bolts so I’m probably not the best person to comment lol.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
%100 man 🤜🤛 being a hardcore fanboy its an illness, no cure.

I stop by UK occasionally (business related) you should see them fight over soccer teams, that was something incredible to witness it..dudes leaving on a stretcher.🤕🚑

🤭🙊
tenor.gif

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lameâ„¢

I actually experienced this during a game of Fortnite the other night. It happened while I was running so I couldn't stop and I ended up dying in the storm because Jooxed Jooxed and Friendsâ„¢ intentionally destroyed the walls I was running into :messenger_loudly_crying:

cormack12

Gold Member
I feel like it's happened on and off since launch if I think back, but perhaps not as frequent. Now it feels like it's every day, though over the weekend I removed the One X from the media cabinet and started using the Series X exclusively in the living room. My wife will turn the Xbox on via the controller and then yell at me that it's not working right.

When I boot up the Xbox it gives options for which user to sign in, auto-sign-in isn't enabled. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Hmm, I used the controller linking

If I dont keep my finger on to auto sign in then it just disconnects automatically

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I know you said the second controller works but have you tried swapping which one is "first?" THis would at least tell you if its the controller or the console/software.

I have 2 S|X controllers paired up myself, works on Q every time for both. Try to manually resync them again.

Or.....

Go to your controller profile and assign both to your sign in profile.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Are we talking about Geordie?

I've always found impressive how many experts on console development we have here on Gaf, since they are constantly rambling about "coherency engine", "geometry engine" and "cache scrubbers", as if they have any idea what that actually means.
I've always just assumed most of the tech talk is just people throwing around buzzwords they saw in a Youtube video.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

So you didn't even play Astro's Playroom? Seems sus.

I know you said the second controller works but have you tried swapping which one is "first?" THis would at least tell you if its the controller or the console/software.

It happens equally to both/either. Whichever one turns ON the console (for the first time of the day, generally) will become unresponsive. The 2nd controller when turned on (via holding the Xbox button) is immediately responsive, logs in, etc. I'll have to test of the original controller starts working again or not, usually it just powers off from inactivity after a certain point.

These are both S/X controllers (Black that came with the console, white I purchased afterwards). I haven't tried pairing any older Xbox controllers to the Series X yet.

I will have to try some tests, as usually when it happens I'm actually getting some time to play video games so I am more in a hurry to get up and running than solving the underlying issue. I would guess 99% of the time it happens, the console is in 'power save/quick resume' mode though.

I have 2 S|X controllers paired up myself, works on Q every time for both. Try to manually resync them again.

Or.....

Go to your controller profile and assign both to your sign in profile.

I have my account locked down with a passcodes so the kids don't log in and buy/mess/etc with my account. If this keeps up I might just bypass that for now though.

bender

What time is it?
Mercenaries is probably my favorite game, ever, or at least top 3.. does it run different/better on the Series X?

No idea. I don't have a lot of experience with the original. I owned it and never played it much. I did most of the first deck yesterday and it's kind of mind blowing this was a PS2 era game.

MacReady13

Wonder if any of you are having this issue, which I do know is on the official Xbox page of known issues...

Anyway, I have the seagate 1tb expansion card. Almost every single time I turn on my console with it plugged it, it states I am hard wired to the net. I'm not- I have wifi going to the console. But regardless of that, even if I try change to wifi it says I can't as I'm connected to the net already! I have even tried connecting with the hard wire and it STILL tells me I am hard wired yet it absolutely refuses to connect online. It even says I am getting a signal yet I'm offline.

This is extremely frustrating as I have had this 1tb expansion for over a month and cannot use it. Anyone know of any suitable workarounds, or is it possible that I have a faulty expansion card???

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Yeah, I think I saw that too. Probably that obnoxious Geordie lunatic. I know he and several of the other usual suspects were harassing the hell out of @Hostile_18 and calling him a sleeper Xbox fanboy because he'd had two PS5s that had really bad coil whine problems.

BTW - 3rd times the charm, he got his 2nd replacement PS5 over the weekend and it's silent. He is now a very happy gamer.
I've said this before and I'll say it again regarding that poster. Everyone in the UK with a MP after their name talks bullshit.

Forsythia

I've had these issues with the controller pairing on my One X since the Series X|S update of the dashboard. It's definitely a bug, as I have it with all my controllers. Only solution is a hard reboot of my console. No biggie, but annoying nonetheless.

DaGwaphics

It's especially silly when you consider that Phil Spencer has all the consoles, and that shuehi Yoshida (sor for misspelling his name) bought Xbox series X on launch.

IKR, they must laugh so hard if they see any of this. Not that I'm not guilty myself, during the speculation time frame I would go back and forth with posters and then think "Why did I bother with that?" LOL

The dogpiling seems to have gotten worse since the launch, which is weird. It's too bad we can't all enjoy our time being armchair CEOs, Devs, and Engineers without attacking each other. Maybe next time.

Top Bottom