• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Karak

Bo is raving about it. We don't agree on consoles, but tend to like the same games. Karak Karak who I respect and usually agree with gave it the hidden gem award and now you're here telling us it's really good. Think I'm going to need to play this once I get caught up on my must-play games.

Man the game is just fucking great. Its not encased in the fucking a tweet bullshit of today's games that kidnap you half the time. Its about running moving, finding a puzzle and organically leaping into it.
Its not magical its not the best game ever but its a bright spot in a year I didn't expect it to be.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Man the game is just fucking great. Its not encased in the fucking a tweet bullshit of today's games that kidnap you half the time. Its about running moving, finding a puzzle and organically leaping into it.
Its not magical its not the best game ever but its a bright spot in a year I didn't expect it to be.
I was convinced I needed this game by your video and now it also keeps popping up from other people. It's become a must-buy for me.

The Calisto Protocol, coming to Xbox and PC in 2022. Looks pretty interesting to me.

That looks Hawt, gives me Dead Space vibez for some reason. Exploring abandoned ships with sick arsenal to the teeth will be off the hook.

I'm guessing something Rockstar, since they only stuck around for 3ish months.

RDR2?

Melissa McGamepass..folks back at GP HQ are fn Hilarious.

Gerdav

Anyone else having issues with HDR kicking in when using quick resume? It's totally broken for me.

It’s been happening once or twice a week since launch, 99% of the time just going to the dash and back (not actually quitting the game) fixes it for me.

Leon123

Neo Member
I’d really appreciate if someone could check this for me.
When I turn my Series X off using my controller, the Series X will shut down but the controller doesn’t, the controller light doesn’t turn off immediately as it takes a couple of minutes for it to turn off.

Riky

$MSFT
nw1UXrz.jpg

🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:

sinnergy

CatLady

I’ve long been on this train and refuse to get off. The only question is if they announce it as soon as the deal goes through, or on stage at MS return to E3, which will now of course take the place of Bethesda’s conference as well.

Can you imagine the MS/Bethesda E3 2021? OMG it will need to be 4 hours just for all the AAA game announcements. I foresee mountains of salt and lots of exploding heads :LOL:

cormack12

Gold Member
XS = Excess, so maybe a higher end Xbox?

Playing Ori still, this is a fucker of a game lol. I have a love/hate relationship with the game. I put it on hard because I never struggle with combat in these games, but some of the platforming parts are fucking brutal. I must say as well, I like how achievements are sort of in the background. I hide the notifiactions and don't see them at all. It's a personal thing but it allows me to focus on the game fully, like the Switch so I end up playing the game just for the fun element. I have hidden them on PS5 but they still appear in your notifications rather than popping on screen.

Multiplayer has become Horde on Gears for me. That gets me my fix. Forza is a solid game, easy in and easy out. Managed to get an unofficial play and charge kit which I'll be using and charging later. Quick resume is excellent, and I agree with LArry about it being small but a real essential quality of life enhancement. The difference in firing up the game exactly at the point I paused and not having to worry about checkpoints/save locations is brilliant.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
XS = Excess, so maybe a higher end Xbox?

Playing Ori still, this is a fucker of a game lol. I have a love/hate relationship with the game. I put it on hard because I never struggle with combat in these games, but some of the platforming parts are fucking brutal. I must say as well, I like how achievements are sort of in the background. I hide the notifiactions and don't see them at all. It's a personal thing but it allows me to focus on the game fully, like the Switch so I end up playing the game just for the fun element. I have hidden them on PS5 but they still appear in your notifications rather than popping on screen.

Multiplayer has become Horde on Gears for me. That gets me my fix. Forza is a solid game, easy in and easy out. Managed to get an unofficial play and charge kit which I'll be using and charging later. Quick resume is excellent, and I agree with LArry about it being small but a real essential quality of life enhancement. The difference in firing up the game exactly at the point I paused and not having to worry about checkpoints/save locations is brilliant.
QR has made Forza 7 a go to game for me as getting into a race can still take a minute or so on the SSD from launch to gameplay. I get a couple laps or races in while I'm waiting for food to cook, someone to arrive etc. its awesome.

cormack12

Gold Member
And I still have 'Call of the Sea' and 'The Medium' to look forward to this month. And then I have one eye on Second Extinction to have a bash at on co-op.

Actually no one likes the Sony fanboys.

They fight with Xbox fans the most because Xbox is a direct competitor, but they console-war with Nintendo fans and PCMRs. They even fight with Sony fans that don't pass their purity tests.

It's just that there are more rabid Sony fans than the other 3 platforms combined and they're allowed to get away with dogpiling anyone that says anything slightly unflattering about their precious or doesn't properly worship Playstation.

I feel bad for people that just prefer PlayStation and would like to enjoy their console of choice in peace without being associated with those clowns.

I joined late last year but always browsed for years. I never thought neogaf was full of playstation fans until I decided to switch from Ps4 to series X.

I then got accused by loads of Sony fanboys of creating a second neogaf account and air my 'fake switching' views to try and garner sales for MS. Yes, i'm dead serious they legit thought that....

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

I’ve long been on this train and refuse to get off. The only question is if they announce it as soon as the deal goes through, or on stage at MS return to E3, which will now of course take the place of Bethesda’s conference as well.
This looks like E3 2021 reveal and November 2021 launch.

silentstorm

Huh, the upcoming Harvest Moon game will come to Xbox too, good to know, i've seen there are two games in the series already on Xbox, but the screenshots make them look like simple mobile spin-offs, the upcoming Xbox game is a proper full blown 3D Harvest Moon game.

Apparently the very biggest game in the franchise with a big map and tons of content, and it also has the developer going hard for global appeal, whatever that means for Harvest Moon, so for those people who like farming sims or games like Stardew Valley...Harvest Moon: One World may be worth getting.

Haven't actually played anything from the franchise though, but it's cool seeing more japanese games coming to Xbox, also, i hear Story Of Seasons and Rune Factory are better and inspired by it, but i don't know if Xbox has any games from those franchises.

I’m back in town after the spending the holidays at our secluded cabin. Being at the cabin meant being without my Series X and playing games on a One S. It was painful. The reunion with my Series X was so joyous last night that i stayed up until 2am playing some Gears 5 (want to finish it so I can jump into the much vaunted Hivebusters), FH4, Katana Zero and messed around with some Skyrim mods. Spending some time with the prior gen hardware made me all the more grateful for the SSD/Quick Resume combo.

So damned excited for the next few years for Xbox. In particular, I really hope that once the Bethesda deal goes through we start to get some big info drops about the gaming roadmap from this newest Xbox Game Studio. The shroud of mystery around Starfield must be lifted soon one would think.

Hope everyone in this great thread had a wonderful, and safe, holiday.

Last edited:

CatLady

I joined late last year but always browsed for years. I never thought neogaf was full of playstation fans until I decided to switch from Ps4 to series X.

I then got accused by loads of Sony fanboys of creating a second neogaf account and air my 'fake switching' views to try and garner sales for MS. Yes, i'm dead serious they legit thought that....
The Sony cult has a lot of delusional, obsessive, and paranoid conspiracy theorists. Everything and everyone not worshipping PS are Shills, FUD, or plots against Mother Sony.

I suspect it's difficult to just be a normal PlayStation fan with these obnoxious fanboys dominating all the discussions. Hell, the most obnoxious zealots even accuse normal, sane Sony fans of being Xbox sleeper agents plotting against their precious.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
The Sony cult has a lot of delusional, obsessive, and paranoid conspiracy theorists. Everything and everyone not worshipping PS are Shills, FUD, or plots against Mother Sony.

I suspect it's difficult to just be a normal PlayStation fan with these obnoxious fanboys dominating all the discussions. Hell, the most obnoxious zealots even accuse normal, sane Sony fans of being Xbox sleeper agents plotting against their precious.
Did I see someone claiming we need to start verifying who has a PS5 and doesn't? Im afraid to tell someone I have one at this point...

CatLady

Did I see someone claiming we need to start verifying who has a PS5 and doesn't? Im afraid to tell someone I have one at this point...

Yeah, I think I saw that too. Probably that obnoxious Geordie lunatic. I know he and several of the other usual suspects were harassing the hell out of Hostile_18 Hostile_18 and calling him a sleeper Xbox fanboy because he'd had two PS5s that had really bad coil whine problems.

BTW - 3rd times the charm, he got his 2nd replacement PS5 over the weekend and it's silent. He is now a very happy gamer.

Hostile_18

Banned
Yeah, I think I saw that too. Probably that obnoxious Geordie lunatic. I know he and several of the other usual suspects were harassing the hell out of Hostile_18 Hostile_18 and calling him a sleeper Xbox fanboy because he'd had two PS5s that had really bad coil whine problems.

BTW - 3rd times the charm, he got his 2nd replacement PS5 over the weekend and it's silent. He is now a very happy gamer.

I thought I'd heard it all when I got called a Xbox fan boy who had bought a PS5 and complained about it just to stick it to Sony 😂. I couldn't possibly prefer Sony with you and Concern Concern on my friends list... you rebels, getting me in trouble.. jokes 😛😉

Honestly the console wars get old fast but the thing about the internet is you never know if your trying to rationalise with an adult or a kid. Time better spent elsewhere in any case lol.

Last edited:

Its fn insane man, some douchebag was asking for PSN IDs to confirm if he has a PS5..YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS right now?
Imagine having someone like that in your friends circle..bitch!! Would smack the shit outta you to get your senses back, fool !

Claiming top class educated fake ass engineers acting like 15yo forum warrior wankstas ..like I said, these individuals are damaged goods and a different breed of next level fanboyism you dealing with.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Star Trek Bones GIF

My DE has had zero issues, same as my XSX. I must be a shill...
I Dont Know Idris Elba GIF by Ovation TV

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Its fn insane man, some douchebag was asking for PSN IDs to confirm if he has a PS5..YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS right now?
Imagine having someone like that in your friends circle..bitch!! Would smack the shit outta you to get your senses back, fool !

Claiming top class educated fake ass engineers acting like 15yo forum warrior wankstas ..like I said, these individuals are damaged goods and a different breed of next level fanboyism you dealing with.

I have a PS5 and dont even have a single PS5 game on it. I got it in prep for Ratchet and have just been playing some PS4 games with the higher frame rates so that wouldn't even show I have a PS5 and would prove nothing.

I can debate games till I am blue in the face and ready to smash a keyboard over someones head, but I will never understand the console warriors. It literally is the vessel. It would like be arguing over gasoline from different gas stations.

Top Bottom