• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

splattered

I don't like the sound of this... so Gamestop has basically become a Microsoft centric store?

Hey i lean Xbox but even i think this is some funky shit...

First Gamestop, who next? Once that lifetime revenue starts rolling in other retailers are probably going to want in on this.

Starts with America and then expands to other countries?

Yikes!

Pantz

They mentioned something a while back about being able to trade in physical Xbox games for a digital code version or something like that. Maybe GameStop is how they're going to do it.

Loxus

The future of gaming has never been more inspiring. Creativity in games is flourishing. New services empower you to discover more games—and bring you closer to the games and creators and streamers you love. The cloud creates a massive opportunity to stream console-quality games and play with the people you want, wherever you want. And for many of us, nothing is more inspiring than the dawn of a new console generation.
XboxSeriesXTech_Inline1.jpg

Wow, this post is so professionally done.
Good job Bernkastel Bernkastel . :messenger_fire:

splattered

They mentioned something a while back about being able to trade in physical Xbox games for a digital code version or something like that. Maybe GameStop is how they're going to do it.

I'm more interested in the opposite... i'm largely digital but wouldn't mind spending a small amount to get a physical copy of all of my games. Even without case and artwork and stuff.

Orky

Banned
I don't like the sound of this... so Gamestop has basically become a Microsoft centric store?

Hey i lean Xbox but even i think this is some funky shit...

First Gamestop, who next? Once that lifetime revenue starts rolling in other retailers are probably going to want in on this.

Starts with America and then expands to other countries?

Yikes!

This has nothing to do with what they sale. This about their operations, like what Hardware their employees use for work etc, e.g. Microsoft surface devices instead of MacBook.

splattered

This has nothing to do with what they sale. This about their operations, like what Hardware their employees use for work etc, e.g. Microsoft surface devices instead of MacBook.

Ahh ok so the lifetime revenue for xbox ecosystem customer conversion bit wasn't true? Cause that's the part i have issue with... i am not concerned about them using Azure and Surface books as i hope those pieces actually help them stay afloat. I don't think Gamestop are the devil like some folks do i just think they need a major policy/pricing restructuring to be more fair to consumers to attract and retain more customers.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Not sure how'd they'd track the lifetime revenue thing.

GS would somehow tell MS that Gamertag XXX came from GS, so going forward anything he buys digitally GS gets a cut?
Ahh ok so the lifetime revenue for xbox ecosystem customer conversion bit wasn't true? Cause that's the part i have issue with... i am not concerned about them using Azure and Surface books as i hope those pieces actually help them stay afloat. I don't think Gamestop are the devil like some folks do i just think they need a major policy/pricing restructuring to be more fair to consumers to attract and retain more customers.

"Lifetime revenue" bit is likely because the person who wrote the tweet misunderstood the press release. The PR simply noted that GameStop sold lots of Xbox related products so the continued "success" of the store was a win for both. When someone buys an Xbox from GameStop they'll come back to GameStop for more controllers and games, pay for XBL and MTX on digital store, etc-both companies see additional purchases made on each customer that purchases a console. Nothing more to it than that.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief

https://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-apple-iphone-ipad-2020-10

Microsoft's gaming boss Phil Spencer told employees at an all-hands meeting on Wednesday the company is planning to bring Game Pass to Apple's iPhone and iPad, targeting 2021 for the potential release of a "direct browser-based solution," Business Insider has learned.

"We absolutely will end up on iOS," Spencer told employees, according to two people with direct knowledge of his comments. Microsoft did not comment at the time of publication. Apple has not yet responded to a request for comment.

( Bernkastel Bernkastel are you ok? How did I post this faster than you?)

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief

Twice in one day, Bernkastel Bernkastel . Don't let this happen again.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Twice in one day, Bernkastel Bernkastel . Don't let this happen again.
I havent made a thread in a while. Usually Vasto Vasto does it.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member

And another

What did those tweets say? They are both removed.

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw the created topic. It was the new trailers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom