• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Hey Taco Bro's!

We are in the free code days for the Taco Bell Xbox contest. Oct 22nd-Nov 4th.
These are the designated 3 free codes you can enter per 24 hours.

SX7YR97XYV96 SX7V936NBPP9 SX7NLYZNHCZ6

Good luck Taco Bro's!
You mean we can see this 3 times a day. :messenger_angry:

293rwkL.png

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

One of the reasons why I can’t really get worked up about the lack of exclusives titles for launch is that that I’ve not even played things like Gears 5 yet...and now with even more content it seems. The enhancement of BC titles (I’ll likely play though the enhanced Witcher 3 and Skyrim again) and with multiplats like Valhalla and Cyberpunk. Even playing unpatched Forza Horizon 4 on my One X on a 4K display seems like a totally new experience...what will it look like on the XSX? 😳

There is so much the XSX will provide me, and my immense backlong, while we await the true next gen titles. So exciting. Just need to decide if I’m going to line up at Best Buy on launch day. Pandemic makes such a thing troublesome to even consider.

One of the reasons why I can’t really get worked up about the lack of exclusives titles for launch is that that I’ve not even played things like Gears 5 yet...and now with even more content it seems. The enhancement of BC titles (I’ll likely play though the enhanced Witcher 3 and Skyrim again) and with multiplats like Valhalla and Cyberpunk. Even playing unpatched Forza Horizon 4 on my One X on a 4K display seems like a totally new experience...what will it look like on the XSX? 😳

There is so much the XSX will provide me, and my immense backlong, while we await the true next gen titles. So exciting. Just need to decide if I’m going to line up at Best Buy on launch day. Pandemic makes such a thing troublesome to even consider.

Anyone who skipped Xbox One X, or has a backlog, is in for a treat. Some amazing titles there and, to quote Richard from DF, it's as if they were created just to sit around and wait for the Series X to play them at their best.

Hype!

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Gears 5 should have been hyped up as a soft relaunch w/ trailers back in the July event. Game really needs a Battlefront 2 reset. With a little tuning Gears MP could really have a nice return to form.

Anyone who skipped Xbox One X, or has a backlog, is in for a treat. Some amazing titles there and, to quote Richard from DF, it's as if they were created just to sit around and wait for the Series X to play them at their best.

Hype!

So much this.

Excited as I am playing One X games on the new 4K display, I am purposely “saving” myself for the XSX. Jedi Fallen Order is another one I’ve purposely avoided starting lately. Want those 60 frames per second. 🔥

splattered

Gears 5 trailer is great... Bautista as Marcus in New Game+ looks amazing haha

Looking forward to seeing what the Hive Buster DLC is all about but i would have liked to see them finish out the main campaign story first.

Is he just replacing John DiMaggio? He was the best part of Gears 4 especilally.

More weird that they'd replace Marcus mid-way through the campaign. That's going to feel off IMO

Maybe it's optional?

Batista is a terrible actor ..why are we giving him gears?

He's awful but stupidly popular because of Guardians, not sure even his fans would have asked for this though

I'll reserve judgment, the rest of the changes/updates are great

Last edited by a moderator:

Roberts

Batista is a terrible actor ..why are we giving him gears?

No, he is not. He was amazing in the new Blade Runner. Only a few minutes of screentime and yet he left a more lasting impression than most (way more experienced) actors in that film. Also, say what you want about Stuber, but his comic timing was impeccable in that.

But I think it is a PR stunt to start a conversation about him playing Marcus in the possible Gears movie. I'm 100% sure DiMaggio will return to voice him in Gears 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
No, he is not. He was amazing in the new Blade Runner. Only a few minutes of screentime and yet he left a more lasting impression than most (way more experienced) actors in that film. Also, say what you want about Stuber, but his comic timing was impeccable in that.

But I think it is a PR stunt to start a conversation about him playing Marcus in the possible Gears movie. I'm 100% sure DiMaggio will return to voice him in Gears 6.
I disagree, he is not one of the best actors around but he is definitely capable of acting well. I enjoyed his small rule in BR49's intro and promotion short movie.

One small role is not indicative he can act. He was terrible is stuber, spectre and his portrayal of draxx is passable to many that have no idea how the character delievers his dialogue in comic form.

Obviously it's up for debate like anything but it's very hard to argue the amount of roles he's successful is vastly outweighed by the bad.

splattered

Are any of you guys participating in tonight's FanFest? I have my log in information so I'm going to try my luck at the trivia stuff. Hopefully I can win some cool prizes!

Unfortunately i signed up for it too late so it said i'm not in the trivia group i believe... i'm signed up for Fanfest i just can't compete in the trivia. Good luck though!

Kagey K

Banned
Are any of you guys participating in tonight's FanFest? I have my log in information so I'm going to try my luck at the trivia stuff. Hopefully I can win some cool prizes!
I'm in. Hopefully you only do slightly worse than me. 😅

They say to stick around and keep playing even if you get knocked out so it sounds like there will be prizes for everyone. I hope.

Last edited:

Nah, I’d be surprised if any significant news came from it and to be fair I don’t recall them hinting at any either.

The last one I watched and seeing Spencer hailed as some god just put me off

I'm in. Hopefully you only do slightly worse than me. 😅

They say to stick around and keep playing even if you get knocked out so it sounds like there will be prizes for everyone. I hope.
You're going down Kagey lol. Honestly I suck at trivia but I will do my best. Hopefully they give a free XSX to the winner. I got nothing to do now so I'm going to do some Xbox trivia training. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Kagey K

Banned
You're going down Kagey lol. Honestly I suck at trivia but I will do my best. Hopefully they give a free XSX to the winner. I got nothing to do now so I'm going to do some Xbox trivia training. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
It’s all about Gamepass games. The example question shown in the email is about anEaster egg in Quantum Break referencing what other Remedy game.

I expect there to be some obscure qustions about some of the games.

Honestly I’ll be happy if I make it in the top 10,000 and ecstatic if I advance past that.

Last edited:
It’s all about Gamepass games. The example question shown in the email is about anEaster egg in Quantum Break referencing what other Remedy game.

I expect there to be some obscure qustions about some of the games.

Honestly I’ll be happy if I make it in the top 10,000 and ecstatic if I advance past that.
Top 10,000? Jesus how many people signed up for this thing... I mean, there are millions of Xbox owners around the world so I guess a ton of people signed up. Speaking of trivia, I would love it if Microsoft brings back 1 vs 100. I had a great time playing it when it came out.

Kagey K

Banned
Top 10,000? Jesus how many people signed up for this thing... I mean, there are millions of Xbox owners around the world so I guess a ton of people signed up. Speaking of trivia, I would love it if Microsoft brings back 1 vs 100. I had a great time playing it when it came out.
First 25,000 that signed up got in. It’s basically 1 vs 24,999. 😅

Trivia strategy: out last everyone else who gets bored and leaves
You're not wrong, I'm about to up and quit but some of the prices are really good. I really want that headset and controller. The people in Europe are getting screwed though.

Edit: They just advanced everyone to round 4. That means 5000 Microsoft Points. Not bad.

Edit 2: I ended up in 31st place in round 4, I only got the Banjo Tooie question wrong.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
You're not wrong, I'm about to up and quit but some of the prices are really good. I really want that headset and controller. The people in Europe are getting screwed though.

Edit: They just advanced everyone to round 4. That means 5000 Microsoft Points. Not bad.

Edit 2: I ended up in 31st place in round 4, I only got the Banjo Tooie question wrong.
This has been a shitshow so far. Just crashed again. They should give everyone left headsets and Series Xs. 😅

This has been a shitshow so far. Just crashed again. They should give everyone left headsets and Series Xs. 😅
I know man, what an epic fail! I did really well in round 4 so I was looking forward to the rest. From what I understood they cancelled the trivia so I'm bailing. At least I got 5000 Microsoft Rewards Points.

Last edited:

Pantz

31, nice! I was 300 some. Got 4/7 and only actually knew the Gears 5 answer

Top Bottom