• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X - $349 (clearing stock for refresh?)

DaGwaphics

Walmart still has the $350 deals up (at least showing for me). They seem to be holding the 1000+ sold in last 24hrs thing as well (as are PS5 and Nintendo), so, moving some units. Some really great deals.

Bought mine about 6 months early, LOL.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Yea agreed, but the Series S was all digital too and there's also a PS5 model with full sepcs the same way Series X is, but it doesn't change the fact that they can offer options. Don't forget that although digital is a major part of purchased media, there's still a great bunch that still buy discs and have purchased discs for PS5 and Series X, where will they insert their games if the option is gone? an all digital console makes sense, but not changing course during the same generation.

Physical games is still a large part of the video game business, agreed, but not so much with the Xbox crowd. People who still buy physical are mostly PS and Nintendo -gamers. And I'm talking about next generation of consoles of course. Phasing out the Series X for a digital one would not go over well I think with consumers.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Wait so they can lose even more money? Nah fam
When has MS ever cared about losing money? They think throwing money will solve any problem. might as well bundle in GP and see if they can get a few people hooked into the ecosystem.

That's the thing that has surprised me. They're willing to sink nearly $70 billion into Activision and sell holiday consoles for cheap, but have been unwilling to offer good Gamepass deals. I figured their move would be to get people invested.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
The controller is still coming but I don’t think this console is

Will look very foolish to launch a redesign of the current model with no power increase at $499 at the same time a twice as powerful PS5 Pro launches
Seriously what would be the driving force behind a new design if the specs are identical save a few usb and internal parts that do not equate to massive gains in power?

The current Xbox series x is beautiful compact and has enough power just start making games!!!

Astray

Gold Member
In monthly sales not LTD of course.
After the 500k-ish in November it's clear why they're doing these deals. And it's not because they're clearing stock for a new model, it's for a tragic lack of demand.
This sale is basically the doctors pumping the patient with every drug they know just to have a sliver of a chance that he wakes up from his coma.

This gen's race has been completely and utterly run.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This sale is basically the doctors pumping the patient with every drug they know just to have a sliver of a chance that he wakes up from his coma.

This gen's race has been completely and utterly run.

Ph, there is no competition this gen between ps5 and xbox, but it's good to see xbox making moves to sell as many units as possible.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It never made sense to me why they don’t do aggressive sales in Europe… they must think that it won’t make a difference since there is close to zero demand

I think MS USA completely overestimated their Q4 sales and shipped far too many Xboxes to US retailers. If MS believed they'd be able to sell the same number of Xbox consoles as last year but in reality sold only half of what they did in Nov 2022, there are hundreds of thousands unsold Xbox consoles on store shelves and in warehouses all over the US and MS is now letting retailers sell these consoles far below market price with MS eating the costs.

The European branch probably were aware of falling Xbox sales and didn't flood retail channels with thousands upon thousand consoles they'd not be able to sell.

twilo99

I think MS USA completely overestimated their Q4 sales and shipped far too many Xboxes to US retailers. If MS believed they'd be able to sell the same number of Xbox consoles as last year but in reality sold only half of what they did in Nov 2022, there are hundreds of thousands unsold Xbox consoles on store shelves and in warehouses all over the US and MS is now letting retailers sell these consoles far below market price with MS eating the costs.

The European branch probably were aware of falling Xbox sales and didn't flood retail channels with thousands upon thousand consoles they'd not be able to sell.

At first I thought it was just Walmart doing their own thing, but now it looks more coordinated so maybe they are eating the cost and it will be very interesting to see how its reflected in their financials next quarter, but it still doesn't explain why they don't do the same in Europe if they wanted to move whatever boxes they do have over there.

MikeM

The discounts have hit Canada somewhat. $519 for a Diablo 4 bundle Series X now at Best Buy, The Source and other stores.

Rockman33

I have a 4090 PC and a series x in both my bedroom and living room. To me it’s definitely not a waste of money. I get to pop over from one to the other with all my stuff saved in the cloud. It’s pretty great actually.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Wonder if all this will make Xbox #1 hardware for December. Picked mine up from Target yesterday.
If it doesn’t, then it doesn’t bode well cuz they sure aren’t picking up subscribers through Samsung TVs.

A smarter move for MS would be to see GPU discount yearly price at like $120.

twilo99

I have a 4090 PC and a series x in both my bedroom and living room. To me it’s definitely not a waste of money. I get to pop over from one to the other with all my stuff saved in the cloud. It’s pretty great actually.

That’s exactly what I do and having the saves/progression sync up is a big deal because otherwise it will defeat the purpose to a large extent..

I’m just a full step down from you with a 6800xt and a xss

Rockman33

That’s exactly what I do and having the saves/progression sync up is a big deal because otherwise it will defeat the purpose to a large extent..

I’m just a full step down from you with a 6800xt and a xss
Nice! I love it. Theres a lot of great quality of life things Xbox does but since it’s named Xbox people love to ignore and shit on them.

The same people that say having a Xbox and a PC is stupid and pointless are the same people that say the PlayStation portable is the best thing. (I’m not shitting on the PSP, if it was my main console I’d probably get one too.). It just the hypocrisy is insane.

Codes 208

Wonder if all this will make Xbox #1 hardware for December. Picked mine up from Target yesterday.
almost feels like a given (if not second behind switch)

Most stores in my area, including my store, have sold out. We had a ton of backstock from just before black friday but barely went though any of it at the time up until now. it feels like the complete opposite of last month (not enough xboxes compared to ps5’s this time around)

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I don't know if it was a pricing error, or what, but I've been spamming around the net for a deal on Series S in light of the recent Costco in-store deal, and I hit on a Series S at Walmart for $138. I ordered 2 for in-store pickup and just like that the deal was gone. We'll see if they honor it.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

P.S.-It was the Series S Gilded Hunter Bundle. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it due a "pricing error". Will update later.

Ra0foGl.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom