• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X running hot according to Journalists (Zero Noise, but Hot temperature )

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysius

Banned
They literally weren't allowed to touch the console lol. This one doesn't even have the console on the table plugged in, he's playing a different console:

Like I said, you need better receipts than that.

Yea, you can't even see the guy with the gun forcing him to read the script. Is he this wooden or is he bad at acting or is he nervous? Or all 3?

I guess all those new Nvidia cards are broken too because they're outputting hot air. It's shocking really.

Where do people want the hot air to go? Around and around in their machines so it cooks it all to pieces?

Crying RROD2 this early is a bit too soon, don't stow shit on any air intakes/outflows just a good life tip.

Last edited:
What are you even talking about, i was asked to give facts i did, sorry you don't like them or they don't fit your narrative.

And what do you mean debunked, the console is running hot, what has been debunked. are you telling me its not running hot?

I was told people never went near a console or even touched one, this is blatantly false.

They didn't, though? One isolated report from a single session of the 7 (?) that were allowed that day in a controlled environment by YouTube personalities. Many of them said they were forbidden from touching the console or TV, and the whole experience was streamlined and customised to present the PS5 in a flawless light. There's nothing conclusive there at all.

Further, heat dissipation is essential to avoid performance throttling, as has been established multiple times in this thread. You're only setting yourself up for Twitter FUD about why the PS5 isn't hitting native 4k by arguing it doesn't emit any heat at all.

sircaw

Banned
If the room is 30 degrees c that means the console alone will not be "cool to the touch". If the room is 30 degrees c those people would be sweating balls.

You say I'm in denial but you're just sticking up for your favourite piece of plastic from your favourite manufacturer.

Just look at your replies, lol.

I want you to show me receipts ... receipts shown.

Err, i don't trust those, show me other receipts, lol

i dont want to look at that post, show me a video instead lol.

and lastly here comes the Kicker, your the fanboy he says lol

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
What are you even talking about, i was asked to give facts i did, sorry you don't like them or they don't fit your narrative.

And what do you mean debunked, the console is running hot, what has been debunked. are you telling me its not running hot?
What has been debunked? Firstly, where are the receipts of XSX running hot? All the three cases where this idea is sourced from(Jeff Bakalar, Ken Bogard and Jez Corden) have themselves denied it. And you still(like the video in OP) used them to create your hypothesis. Maybe you should provide some receipts of XSX running hot before making stuff up.
Now i understand why the gpu is clocked so low.

MrFunSocks

Banned
i don't have to show a video, that's you again moving the goal posts. you asked for a sauce so i gave your a one

A hot sauce.

The body of the console itself seemed to be rather cool to touch even after a prolonged gaming session.

If you don't want to believe it that's up to you,
I don't believe it, because we know they weren't allowed to touch the console lol.

You yourself say that they said the room was 30 degrees c inside. If the room is 30 degrees c, the console is not "cool to the touch".

It's insane the lengths you're going to to try and make out like Sony have solved the laws of thermodynamics.

Added to my fanboy ignore list, see ya :). Have fun with your magical PS5 that doesn't retain any heat at all and actually runs cooler than the air around it. Sony should patent that shit because they can be the next trillion dollar company overnight with that tech.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Um, it doesn't work that way. Yes, the fan is taking the heat out which is good the problem if these claims are true is the heat sink is too small to cool the CPU.

the PS5 according to reports its cooler. meaning probably bigger heat sink.

This guy is confused by the difference between the fan with the heat sink. tells me he knows nothing about this.

Last edited:
Cool to the touch =/= slightly cold. It just means it's not warm, hot, or overly hot. A concerted push to make this into a PS5 thread is funny to witness. Guess the SSD got replaced with the PS5.

Last edited:
Um, it doesn't work that way. Yes, the fan is taking the heat out which is good the problem if these claims are true is the heat sink is too small to cool the CPU.

the PS5 according to reports its cooler. meaning bigger heat sink. even though the CPU running at faster clock speed.

This guy is confused by the difference between the fan with the heat sink. tells me he knows nothing about this.

In fact, he has an Xbox Series X and is infinitely more qualified to comment on whether the Xbox Series X has heat dissipation issues than someone who doesn't (you)

There's multiple sources confirming that any heat being emitted is within the realms of normal.

A concerted push to make this into a PS5 thread is funny to witness.

The first one to bring up the PS5 was Sircaw. You may want to retreat to the Next Gen safe space cave and coordinate your FUD better in future.

sircaw

Banned
What has been debunked? Firstly, where are the receipts of XSX running hot? All the three cases where this idea is sourced from(Jeff Bakalar, Ken Bogard and Jez Corden) have themselves denied it. And you still(like the video in OP) used them to create your hypothesis. Maybe you should provide some receipts of XSX running hot before making stuff up.

There is a video on the front of this thread page lol.

Oh GOD haha, you did actually watch the Video, COme on FFS man lol

Man these xbox fanboys are out of control lol

I think this is the final post haha, i can not believe what i just read lol, this is like arguing with children.

Have a good day guys, this is too funny.

Bernkastel

There is a video on the front of this thread page lol.

Oh GOD haha, you did actually watch the Video, COme on FFS man lol

Man these xbox fanboys are out of control lol

I think this is the final post haha, i can not believe what i just read lol, this is like arguing with children.

Have a good day guys, this is too funny.
And why is ReviewTechUSA a source? Does he have a XSX? If he is sourcing it from people who debunked it, why is that a source? Do you use any clickbait article or video that fits your narrative? You call others children and then argue about consoles all day on GAF.

sircaw

Banned
The first one to bring up the PS5 was Sircaw. You may want to retreat to the Next Gen safe space cave and coordinate your FUD better in future.

On a closing note i am not exactly sure what fud i said, again this is more nonsense your spewing out.

I was originally talking about clock speeds of the gpu and why was it that Microsoft was rather low, stating if they had a better cooling system they could of gone much higher with Gpu speeds in the box.

That's not fud bud, that is a genuine point. i am sorry you can not see the difference between the two.

You have a good day now.

sircaw

Banned
And why is ReviewTechUSA a source? Does he have a XSX? If he is sourcing it from people who debunked it, why is that a source? Do you use any clickbait article or video that fits your narrative? You call others children and then argue about consoles all day on GAF.

Its right there in front of you, watch it. you're making yourself look silly, again.

this will be the last reply to this thread.

pointless discussion with people that are so narrow minded.

The only concerted push I see is Sony fanboys trying to blow this out of proportion and spreading FUD about people burning their hands on the system.

I think the previous thread I made had actually much more substantive discussion on cooling and potential problem areas. Some posters tried, as I did. Others simply wanted to derail and shut down discussion with takes like yours. At least Koloko doesn't inspire passion as I do. He's been safe so far.

Its right there in front of you, watch it. you're making yourself look silly, again.

I think the overall goal from the same individuals is to shut down discussion on the topic. You have 2 journalist that have documented their experiences of having XSX preview consoles running considerably hot. So hot that they've described it with abnormal adjectives. These are people that cover gaming, and are around consoles and do so for a living. They know what to expect from console cooling - and what should feel normal. When they make those reports it's not out of the blue or for malicious reasons. Nothing has been debunked. Clickbait has. These children latched at the portable SSD narrative on my previous thread like a tick..... which is just a symptom now that we have corroborating evidence from someone that did not mention the portable SSD at all. Stands to reason if a portable SSD is plugged in a system that's running too hot it will by extension be hot as well. So the portable SSD is not an isolated factor, it's a mere passenger in the car.

Obviously that could be normal operating temps but I doubt it. Sounds more to me like fans running at too low RPMs to keep it silent - with the side-effect of not exausting too much heat thus keeping temps overly hot. At any rate it puts into question longevity of hardware if a regime such as this becomes long term. Could be faulty hardware. Many reasons why to speculate. Now to deny that the issue exists and that it hasn't been reported and documented is beyond laughable at this point. So yes don't pay attention to the children throwing a fit over their favorite box being discussed on a topic they perceive to be negative to its image. It's a primal reaction.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

So basically any clickbait video counts. This is the most "narrow minded" thing someone asked me to do. You cant prove it, instead you just link to articles and videos that fit your narrative.

CAB_Life

Even the X1X is warm to hot—especially an external SSD drive. The back of your phone is too, if you play Genshin or any demanding game. Welcome to technology. Don’t touch the vents or things that get warm, mmkay? Like how stupid and desperate for clicks are these people? Rhetorical question, I know.

On a closing note i am not exactly sure what fud i said, again this is more nonsense your spewing out.

I was originally talking about clock speeds of the gpu and why was it that Microsoft was rather low, stating if they had a better cooling system they could of gone much higher with Gpu speeds in the box.

That's not fud bud, that is a genuine point. i am sorry you can not see the difference between the two.

You have a good day now.

Why should MS increase clockspeed, and thus power requirements, when they already have a GPU that shits on the one in the PS5?

I think the previous thread I made had actually much more substantive discussion on cooling and potential problem areas. Some posters tried, as I did. Others simply wanted to derail and shut down discussion with takes like yours. At least Koloko doesn't inspire passion as I do. He's been safe so far.

Still thread whining? You have literally nothing to add to any discussion and your original thread, about Giantbomb Jeff, has been debunked by Jeff himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pallas

It’s suppose to emit heat, draw it out and away from the internals. Like anyone with a damn phone who plays mobile games will know how hot the back of your phone gets. Shit PC’s, consoles get hot from playing demanding games or gaming for extended period of time.

lol Why are some of you trying so hard to push this? I know some of you wish every series X explodes but cmon. This may roll in the speculation thread but expect to be called out for this outside of that.

//DEVIL//

In fact, he has an Xbox Series X and is infinitely more qualified to comment on whether the Xbox Series X has heat dissipation issues than someone who doesn't (you)

There's multiple sources confirming that any heat being emitted is within the realms of normal.

What does having an Xbox series X has anything to do with him being tech-savvy? what I said was logically based on every frigging GPU in the market. anyone who builds any pc since the ice age knows about it. you even quoting me defending him like a proper xbox fanboy warrior makes me suggest you never really looked at a GPU cooling before. what he is suggesting on twitter is him just making an educated guess at best.

hot air coming from the case means your fan is working. doesn't mean you won't throttle. throttle happens when your GPU/CPU reaches the max safe temp designed by the company. The problem could be heat sink not doing a proper job or too small. it's the same reason why an EVGA 2080ti black temp reaches 80 degrees during 4k gaming when the higher-end model like the FTW 3 doesn't go above 69.

is the Xbox series X heat sink doing a proper job or not. that is all to it.

Also, we knew from that form factor it was either going to be either hot or loud. it's too compact. Sexy as fuck though?

oh at that portable NVME.. the guy couldn't even hold it. this shit will die quickly since there is no heat sink on it.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
I think the overall goal from the same individuals is to shut down discussion on the topic. You have 2 journalist that have documented their experiences of having XSX preview consoles running considerably hot. So hot that they've described it with abnormal adjectives. These are people that cover gaming, and are around consoles and so so for a living They know what to expect from consoles. When they make those points it's not out of the blue or for malicious reasons. Nothing has been debunked. The SSD is just a symptom now that we have corroboraing evidence from someone that did not mention the portable SSD at all. Stands to reason if a portable SSD is inside a system that's running too hot it will by extension be hot. So the SSD is not an isolated factor, it's part of the potential issue if there is one.

Obviously that could be normal operating procedure but I doubt it. At any rate it puts into question longevity. Could be faulty hardware. Many reasons why. Now to deny that the issue exists and has been reported and documented is beyond laughable at this point. So yes don't pay attention to the children throwing a fit over their favorite box being discussed on a topic they perceive to be negative to its image. It's a primal reaction.

Yep 100%, i think the main problem here is when people try to discuss it, the xbox fanatics think people are just attacking their favorite piece of hardware.

Your not allowed to have a discussion about anything.

Even if you bring facts, link reviews from legitimate people like i did with the ps5 cooling system, they try to dismiss it or move the goalposts because somehow in their mind its attacking their bit of plastic. that is the sad truth in here.

Then you get even more silly remarks like this video is not credible, when it is clearly talking about other people that have had that experience, that french podcast for example.

But best not to carry on, this will only upset people and lets be honest trying to have a discussion here is pointless.

Do you realize that the XSX has 44% more CUs on its GPU chip?

FranXico

the PS5 according to reports its cooler. meaning bigger heat sink. even though the CPU running at faster clock speed.

You mean GPU, right?

Raonak

Banned
Sounds like it's one of the trade-offs of having a small console. It's got less space to dissapate heat.

These next gen chips run hot as fuck.

Ps5 being so gigantic is optimised for airflow. At least it would explain why Sony designed it the way they did.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
When I heard this Xbox was coming in hot, I didn't think this was what they meant lol. If the system getting this hot off last gen games, I can't imagine what all the thrid party games that will push this machine to the limit will do... Maybe they'll have to throttle current gen games to not burn down people's houses.

^THIS. A. MILLION. TIMES.

200.gif

Stuart360

So basically any clickbait video counts. This is the most "narrow minded" thing someone asked me to do. You cant prove it, instead you just link to articles and videos that fit your narrative.
Clickbait vids and tweets about PS5 = Fud. Clickbait vids and Tweets about XSX = Facts.
I havent checked the 'Next Gen Speculation' safe space thread but no doubt its now 'fact' that XSX runs super hot and will meltdown after 2 hours of play.

sinnergy

Clickbait vids and tweets about PS5 = Fud. Clickbait vids and Tweets about XSX = Facts.
I havent checked the 'Next Gen Speculation' safe space thread but no doubt its now 'fact' that XSX runs super hot and will meltdown after 2 hours of play.
1 hour 🤣

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Why is this topic even open? It's already been debunked, now people are just creating FUD

What has actually been debunked? I read the "debunked" narrative from the twitter feeds of both journalist and those tweets do not debunk their reporting of the XSX preview units running considerably hot. One in standby and one while in normal use.

No one has claimed (other than in drive-bys from non-serious post), that during those regimes normal operation of the console is affected. At least not on Gaf. On twitter yes, on other podcasts piggy backing for clickbait views - Yes. That sort of reporting misconstruing the 2 journalists experience; suggesting that such regimes affected operation are what was debunked - because it's simply not true. But that is outside of Gaf. There is quite a gulf to claim that the crazy narratives running outside of Gaf that have been debunked somehow invalidate their reporting on the XSX preview units running considerably hot. The two are not the same thing. That is still the constant. Which I'm sure anyone not dumb understands very well and it's obvious some posters are in bad faith pushing forward with the debunk narrative to bait a mod into thread closure as if none the wiser to properly read and comprehend .... although I can not blame them after my thread closure. The SSD nonsense worked - which funnily enough is now dead and has no legs to stand on. It didn't before if brain cells were put to good use, and it certainly doesn't now.

No amount of "debunked" shouting will change that constant. It's that constant that to some posters it may seem worrisome given the adjectives used to describe them and should be subject to discussion without constant accusations of FUD, insults and the like. Mods do have their work cut out of for them, specially with some folk that hang with them on the off-topic thread engaging in such bad faith argumentation here - and using that to attack others to paint them as crazies. That's what happens when things get too cozy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
What has actually been debunked? I read the "debunked" narrative from the twitter feeds of both journalist and those tweets do not debunk their reporting of the XBX preview units running considerably hot. One in standby and one while in normal use.

No one has claimed (other than in drive-bys from non-serious post), that during those regimes normal operation of the console has been affected. At least not on Gaf. On twitter yes, on other podcasts piggy backing for clickbait views - Yes. That sort of reporting miscounstruing the journalist experience suggesting that such regimes affect operation are what has been debunked - because it's simply not true. But that is outside of Gaf. There is quite a gulf to claim that the crazy narratives running outside of Gaf that have been debunked somehow debunk their reporting on the XBX units running considerably hot. The two are not the same thing.That is still the constant. Which I'm sure anyone not dumb understands very well and I'm sure some posters are in bad faith pushing forward to bait a mod into thread closure.

No amount of "debunked" shouting will change that constant. It's that constant that to some may be worrisome given the adjectives used to describe them and should be subject to discussion without constant accusations of FUD, insults and the like. Mods do have their work cut out of for them, specially with some folk that hang with them on the off-topic thread.
Opening video says RROD 2? Title is that XSX is running hot. Both are basically implying that there's an issue. Multiple journalists have said that there isn't. Hence debunked.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Sure we have a lot of madness going on as well as the hilarious “you take it back! Click bait!!! Where is the proof that it is hot?!? Where... and btw even if it were, which it is not!!!, it would be a good thing as it is how it is meant to work, but it is not! even though it would be good for it too, it is not although it would be good if it were”.

Orky

Banned
They literally weren't allowed to touch the console lol. This one doesn't even have the console on the table plugged in, he's playing a different console:

Like I said, you need better receipts than that.

I don’t speak Japanese. But are the reviewers REALLY not allowed to touch it at all??? Or is this some inside joke that I don’t get? Because I don’t believe that this can be true. Why aren’t they allowed to touch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom