• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X running hot according to Journalists (Zero Noise, but Hot temperature )

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Oh sorry I’m with you, I thought you meant it had two by default. On that point, though; is there any kind of size uniformity for SSDs? Or are they usually small enough that it won’t be a concern? Obviously the proprietary one MS has is pretty small so I’d assume they aren’t very big but I’m not sure myself.
I'm guessing something with big ass heatsink might not pass Sony certification. Sony and Microsoft are just using different m2 standards. Microsoft uses the smaller one like the surface. The PS5 uses the more universal standard.

Someone needs to edit Jason Bateman and replace with Jim Ryan's face, it would make this even more EPIC lmao.

giphy.gif

Why not Nadella? He just sank 7 billion on it.

Last edited:

sixamp

Of course wits gonna be hot. Ps5 will be hot aswell and my switch gets hot. Anyone thinking these boxes won't get hot are crazy

MaulerX

12TFs of power will do that.

The One X gets pretty hot too and that's just 6TFs.

As long as it's within the thermal range that MS designed it to be this is a non issue.

Lol just like they wouldn't let 10s of millions buy a console that had 70% failure rate for RROD.
The xbox 360 debuted 15 years ago. 15. If we're going back 2 generations to make current examples of the next one then Demon's Souls and Rachet must be CGI and not gameplay, the PS5 is going to be a jet engine, and it'll have big failure rates too. However, unlike MS they won't extend their warranty and lose $1 billion trying to make things rights, you'll just be expected to get a second job to afford a new one. This is just dumb. The One-X is the most powerful current gen console and also incredibly quiet vs the PS4. The Series X will be a good piece of hardware as well.

Last edited:

MaulerX

Are people really that dumb that they expected the actual console to be cool to touch as well? Like seriously? Have these people literally never used anything that consumes electricity?

Apparently it is cool to the touch. It's the top where the fan is blowing out the heat that they're talking about. The console is doing it's job dissipating 12TFs of heat while staying quiet. News at 11.

sircaw

Banned
It's a massive underclock given that RDNA2 is hitting 2.5GHz. The SSD must be putting out more than its fair share of heat. And that cramped looking airflow is probably not helping matters.

yep there is no two ways about, what is sonys GPU at, 2.2 or something and that apparently is very cold and cool when running.

Imagine if they had designed the case much better, they could of pushed those speeds sky high.

Saying its 12 Tf, that why it is hot is ridiculous, sony is 10. 2 or something and running cool.

jaysius

Banned
Something to think about, the All Access which only has a 1 year warranty, add another payment and get the extra warranty if you can... OR hold out and fight that FOMO and wait until people have these things and see if any of this stuff is founded or not.

MrFunSocks

Banned
yep there is no two ways about, what is sonys GPU at, 2.2 or something and that apparently is very cold and cool when running.

Imagine if they had designed the case much better, they could of pushed those speeds sky high.

Saying its 12 Tf, that why it is hot is ridiculous, sony is 10. 2 or something and running cool.
No-one has actually got to touch or go near a PS5 yet lol. The only "hands on" that the japanese youtubers got they weren't allowed to even go near the console.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

He said (translated by VGC): “The Series X is hot, like really hot! It doesn’t make any noise, but damn it’s hot! The console is emitting heat like crazy. It’s almost like a fireplace shaft. You can heat up your flat with it.”

Haven't seen this posted

what does everyone think?

AGAIN???!!!!!

220px-Xbox360-ringofdeath.jpg

You dont learn microsoft??!?!!

MrFunSocks

Banned
Apparently it is cool to the touch. It's the top where the fan is blowing out the heat that they're talking about. The console is doing it's job dissipating 12TFs of heat while staying quiet. News at 11.
It won't be cool to the touch. Doesn't matter how big the fan is or how much airflow through it, it will be warm to the touch while playing games. That's electronics.

This is a complete non issue though.

sircaw

Banned
From who? No-one has actually had a hands on with a PS5 lol. The youtubers this last weekend were literally the first in the world, and they were not allowed to go near the console, let alone touch it lol.

Bring the receipts please.

sure

Last edited:

Sony's console should be cooler... It's less powerful. My guess is it's going to be anywhere between 17%-20% cooler.

Xenon

This shit reminds of the time a mechanic took off my tire to show me how warm my rotors were after I had just driven the car over for a break job. He said you could tell how warped they were because of heat. What a fucker.

Moral of the story, some shit gets hot during normal operation. These people probably never felt the air coming out of the back of their other consoles.

MrFunSocks

Banned
sure

Gonna need some better receipts than a few youtubers that weren't actually allowed to test any temperatures and are under NDAs lol.

There was no demonstration of the UI or dashboard, the back exhaust

Doesn't sound like they could have been too hands on with the hardware does it?

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
haha, you ask for receipts, you get them, you don't like what they say, you move the goal posts HAHAHA.

And there we have it, lol. so Predictable.

You can't make this shit up haha. Have a good day m8.
They literally weren't allowed to touch the console lol. This one doesn't even have the console on the table plugged in, he's playing a different console:

Like I said, you need better receipts than that.

sircaw

Banned
They literally weren't allowed to touch the console lol. This one doesn't even have the console on the table plugged in, he's playing a different console:
t.

Nailed to the wall, there in black and white, read em and weep sunshine.

The breeze coming from the exhaust port was gentle and didn’t feel exceedingly hot,” wrote 4Gamer.

During this time, the studio itself was about 30 degrees Celsius. Based on the specifications of the SoC, it operates at around 55 to 60 degrees Celsius. While you may think, ‘isn’t the fan loud?’, it’s quite the opposite.

he publication also noted about the rather quiet operation of the fans while playing Astro's Playroom and Godfall. The body of the console itself seemed to be rather cool to touch even after a prolonged gaming session.

This is in a 30 degree room with bright lights above it, Sounds very good does it not.

Sounds a lot better than VIOLENT< Toasty, and seriously hot doesn't it but yer you carry on lol.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
I just don't understand. Why do they embarrass themselves? It's as if none of these "hardcore" gamers ever touched their GPU before and are so hellbent on spreading fake news they just continue to own themselves over and over again.

Bare in mind you are talking about crowd who believes that SSD renders the graphics, so of course hot air being exhausted by the, duh, exhaust, seems like an unwanted, worrying feature.

MaulerX

It won't be cool to the touch. Doesn't matter how big the fan is or how much airflow through it, it will be warm to the touch while playing games. That's electronics.

This is a complete non issue though.

I was talking about the plastic sides. The heat they're taking about is not being felt in those areas. It's being felt at the exhaust which is to be expected.

Besides this whole thing has already been debunked as the console is doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Tiamat2san

My one X and PS4 pro are really hot too.
I wonder if it’s hotter.
But I have an air climatiser so it will be ok during summer.

safety tips:

Climatisation is like a blowjob.
If you put it at maximum capacity, your throat hurts...

going to bed now, it’s time

Puskas

During this time, the studio itself was about 30 degrees Celsius.
30 celsius in a studio? That can’t be real or true.

I’m guessing it must be an incorrect conversion from someone who usually measures length in football fields.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
its a basement with camera lights on, guess it gets super hot down there, all i know is that is fucking uncomfortable.
30 degrees c inside is absolutely sweating lol. That's like a sauna lol. I'm Australian, it's often that here inside without air con, and it's hooooooooot. I wouldn't be trusting these "reports" at all. If they estimated the temperature in the room to be 30 degrees c then the actual console could not be "cool to the touch".

sircaw

Banned
So you provide receipts for your favorite console fan theory, but than draw this conclusion based on a rumour that has been debunked by the very source it is supposed to come from?

What are you even talking about, i was asked to give facts i did, sorry you don't like them or they don't fit your narrative.

And what do you mean debunked, the console is running hot, what has been debunked. are you telling me its not running hot?

I was told people never went near a console or even touched one, this is blatantly false.

MrFunSocks

Banned
What are you even talking about, i was asked to give facts i did, sorry you don't like them or they don't fit your narrative.

And what do you mean debunked, the console is running hot, what has been debunked. are you telling me its not running hot?

I was told people never went near a console or even touched one, this is blatantly false.
Show us a single video where the person actually touches a plugged in PS5.

sircaw

Banned
30 degrees c inside is absolutely sweating lol. That's like a sauna lol. I'm Australian, it's often that here inside without air con, and it's hooooooooot. I wouldn't be trusting these "reports" at all. If they estimated the temperature in the room to be 30 degrees c then the actual console could not be "cool to the touch".

Have you ever been on stage or under camera lights>?, i can tell you now they are not fucking nice.

Well you don't have to believe but it seems anything that does not fit your narrative, your gong to be in denial about.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Have you ever been on stage or under camera lights>?, i can tell you now they are not fucking nice.

Well you don't have to believe but it seems anything that does not fit your narrative, your gong to be in denial about.
If the room is 30 degrees c that means the console alone will not be "cool to the touch". If the room is 30 degrees c those people would be sweating balls.

You say I'm in denial but you're just sticking up for your favourite piece of plastic from your favourite manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom