• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 - stupid question :)

Nykad

I'm thinking of asking for a 360 core pack for an xmas gift because the premium is a little out of the price range. Besides getting the extras like hard drive, wireless controller and component cables a little cheaper - is there any other downside to buying the core pack? I mean I can fully upgrade the core to what a premium would be right? Thank you.

llTll

Banned
Skilotonn said:
Besides the chrome trim on the drive, it's exactly the same, so don't worry about it...

what he said. the only problem is. even though the core is 300$, u really need a 40$ memory card to save games.

there is no way out. and if you buy memory card, then hard disk. thats way more than what you should pay for. + the wired controller really doesnt fit with xbox 360 in my eyes for some reason [ even though, you can plug it to pc ]

psjohnson

Nykad said:
I'm thinking of asking for a 360 core pack for an xmas gift because the premium is a little out of the price range. Besides getting the extras like hard drive, wireless controller and component cables a little cheaper - is there any other downside to buying the core pack? I mean I can fully upgrade the core to what a premium would be right? Thank you.

Core pack is looking pretty good right now. MS is going to come out with a bigger HD sometime in the next year so you can pick that up when it comes out. I would be happy with a core pack and a wireless controller.

Firestorm

Don't do it. The hard drive is essential to the 360 experience and it costs $100 (the difference between the core and the premium). And if you do go core, you'll need to at LEAST get a memory card which is $40. So it's $340 vs $400. Only $60 difference - the price of a game. I'd rather get the Premium and download a bunch of demos than have a Core + 1 game.

Go to www.cheapassgamer.com and register. I think there are some Xbox 360 deals that they've found.

raYne

How 'bout you just contribute the rest of the money and get a premium? No one should buy a core... ever.

Chichikov said:
Huh?
What does that have to do with the core vs. premium decision?
I'm guessing he means SDTV -> don't need component cables. No broadband -> don't need the HDD. He's dead wrong of course...

Top Bottom