• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

big_z

the gifs are the best thing to come out of this next gen announcement stuff.

i have yet to go through the thread but that bike one is great. balmer is such a dick.

Izick

i4gsRYUlweSNC.gif

And another one.

yhZJkEm.png

ekim

Wondering if they will have this up before or after their internal meeting.

I'm not sure. On the one hand they already spilled the name Xbox Gold on the Agenda... On the other hand they didn't even show the box to it's employees it seems.
If I was a betting man (and I am), I think they will announce the event next week... Latest in 2 weeks.

I'm not sure. On the one hand they already spilled the name Xbox Gold on the Agenda... On the other hand they didn't even show the box to it's employees it seems.
If I was a betting man (and I am), I think they will announce the event next week... Latest in 2 weeks.

I hope so let the new battle start.
Nintendo may have won this battle but not the war....

Alx

True, but for those people like myself who spend 2 hours making a gif for your enjoyment it would be nice to see more people trying their own hand at making gifs instead of feeling entitled to viewing only the best ones.

Although I sometimes feel those gifs are too fanboy-ish, I felt remorse while reading your message, since I do appreciate many of those after all. So I followed your advice and "tried my hand" on my first NeoGif (maybe my last too, considering all the time I spent on it !).

I think I need to learn how to optimize their size too, I couldn't get it lower than 10M and it's not great quality.
I wasn't sure about what to write on the knife too... I think the gif may be more relevant if/when MS reveals its trump cards (but I think the price will be a good replacement for "secret sauce").

S1kkZ

2 months away hopefully means we will see more games/gameplay demos.
i would like to see something sooner, but on the other hand i like that ms is taking their time (and hopefully delivers).

Biggzy

Microsoft really seem to be going for a short period of time from Durango being unveiled to being shipped.

2 months away hopefully means we will see more games/gameplay demos.
i would like to see something sooner, but on the other hand i like that ms is taking their time (and hopefully delivers).

You would hope so, but I am in a minority here and I am not too bothered with Microsoft showing demos at this event - E3 is for that - but I am interested in hearing and seeing Microsoft's vision for Durango.

Petrichor

Nice to have a date, too damned far away but it's a date alright.

It makes sense for it to be so close to E3 - keep the momentum up.

As grateful as I am to know about the PS4 already, from a marketing perspective announcing the PS4 this early will probably be seen as a mistake in years to come.

abadguy

Banned
It makes sense for it to be so close to E3 - keep the momentum up.

As grateful as I am to know about the PS4 already, from a marketing perspective announcing the PS4 this early will probably be seen as a mistake in years to come.

I can understand that, it's just the waiting. I just really want to know just what it is the hell they're doing, i'm tired of the speculations, rumors and shit. I want to see some games!

Biggzy

Xbox 360 was unveiled May 12, 2005 and released November 16, 2005.

Oh yeah. I forgot about the 360. With the PS4 being announced, it is not a bad idea for Microsoft to unveil Durango in late April as the PS4 hype will have died down a little by then. Also it is only a month and a bit till E3 as well.

It takes months to set up a reveal like this and I guarantee you that they have had everything planned by the day on how to prepare for it. I just don't see Microsoft not taking this seriously as Sony is. I doubt much has changed with their reveal after Sony's. Also, judging by some MS guy and Major Nelson's tweets, they seemed pretty confident after Sony's reveal.

If true, that is when your enemies do the unexpected and advance.... I can't tell you the countless fables and tales throughout history that illustrate such things. Microsoft needs to be alert and on their feet. Riding the coat-tails of a past generation cannot save you in this industry. Look at Sony in the past and Nintendo now.

Seems a bit unfair on the devs that would take part in this event to be expected to have stuff ready to show twice in 6 weeks.

I'm sure devs would love to be a part of Microsoft's event. This benefits them for massive exposure to their game just as much as it benefits Microsoft, hell even more so, actually.

LOL at all the people that said Microsoft was rushing their meeting to combat the superduperawesome PS4 reveal. Microsoft continues to act like they've had a plan for a long time and they're adhering to it regardless of what anyone else does.

Top Bottom