• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM: Enemy Within |OT| Your Soldiers Never Asked For This

Any impressions of the new maps? Craving new locales, im especially tired of the crash site maps.

I still hope for the day they open XCOM up to SteamWorkshop and push community map creation.

Lime

For some reason I didn't notice the title of the OT until now. It gave me a pretty good chuckle! Those poor soldiers certainly have something in store for themselves on Friday.

Any impressions of the new maps? Craving new locales, im especially tired of the crash site maps.

I still hope for the day they open XCOM up to SteamWorkshop and push community map creation.
I think the number quoted is 49 new maps. There's supposedly a farm tileset somewhere in there. Another convenience store.

I think I read that ufo crashes can now happen in urban / rural maps as opposed to exclusively forests, which sounds pretty cool.

Sentenza

Keep in mind there's a difference between NA release date and EU release date.
On a side note, I wonder when publisher will start realizing that in the age of internet and digital purchases, there are few things the encourage piracy like telling to part of your audience "You still can't play what others are already playing [for X days/weeks]".

They really need to sort out these contractual issues that prevent them from making simultaneous releases.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I want to get this, but at $30 it's a little too steep for my blood. I hope it goes on a Steam sale for $15 eventually because I liked the little I played of Enemy Unknown (need to get back on that horse and actually finish it) so more of that is a good thing.

Yeah got that GMG key, now just have to wait for the unlock. So uh guess I'll ease myself into the new content with some iron man classic maybe.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
My XCOM: Enemy Unknown just got hit with a 4GB update.

Anyone have any idea what the fuck this is?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I saw steam downloading it and was a bit shocked to be honest. I have the same thing happening right now.

Possibly files needed to make the game compatible for Enemy Within?

Just taking a shot in the dark.

Erudite

I'm so glad they released the update early. I only have from 9-10pm to play, and was worried most of it would be spent downloading the update.

Kinthalis

Banned
I guess everyone got their key already, but just in case I'm in NA and I got it the moment I payed for it, right after payment went through I got a page with the serial number listed.

Man, I'm debating staying up for the game... anyone know if VPN'ing elsewhere unlcoks the game early?

alazz

I was going to wait for a better sale, but the GMG coupon is actually quite decent. If it's 50% off during Black Friday or Christmas, that's only $5 less.

Steam page says it unlocks at Midnight EST for me. I find that strange considering normally stuff unlocks at Midnight PST.

The store page says approximately 3 hours here too, so I guess 9 PM for Pacific. That is much better than I had expected. Now I don't have to say up till 3 AM to get my fix.
but I will anyway!

Yes, I'm serious. I went on their site, checked their forums and even checked the update/forum section of the game on Steam. Please point me in the right direction.

Dude... it's the expansion, they are just keeping version parity among those who have EW unlocked and those who don't.

epmode

I wonder if those teleportation bugs are fixed now or if we'll have to wait.

Screw em for waiting so long to fix that, by the way.

Zuly

Dude... it's the expansion, they are just keeping version parity among those who have EW unlocked and those who don't.

Thank you. I'm used to having patch notes available to me right on the client or at least clear on their site, so I was confused.

alazz

Any news of if they expanded camera controls with the expansion? At the very least, I hope EW works with that Toolbox mod.

I wonder if those teleportation bugs are fixed now or if we'll have to wait.

Screw em for waiting so long to fix that, by the way.

According to the OP, they are indeed fixed.

Just beat my most recent game of EU and the 4 gig download started. Nice timing. I hope this drops right at midnight like Steam is predicting.

Top Bottom