• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Review Thread

-Horizon-

Pretty good so far.

1o5nh4i.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Isn't this already out in Japan? Did they not review it or something? What am I missing here?

People generally review games when they come out in their region and they can actually understand what's going on?

Zemm

Looks like I'll be picking this up then, just not yet.

Still halfway through Fallout, I'm currently replaying Witcher 3 and the expansion as well as Bloodborne, need to finish of Tales from the Borderlands, all whilst playing a bit of Fifa :'(

styl3s

Reviewed about as well as i thought it would 8s and 9's and that's fucking great. I hope, hope, hope it sells well here.

Although i never got into Xeno on Wii i was completely sold on this game when i played a bunch last week i can see myself putting 150 hours into this game EASILY.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Haha, another great quote from Jim:

One thing the story does well is build a coherent universe full of unique alien races, to the point where I’d be tempted to say something trite along the lines of, “this is Japan’s answer to Mass Effect.” I won’t say that, though. Nobody can prove I said it… even if it is kind of true.

PillarEN

What's up with the first two posts? Did OP botch their first attempt?

Looking forward to this. I'm undecided but like the premise so I want to learn more about what works and doesn't as small nagging things in RPGs are much worse than in other shorter games.

The Boat

My review is going to take a while, the game is really fuckin huge and we got it "late" in Portugal. I'm 60 or 70 hours in and I can't put it down, it's absolutely incredible. This is how you design an open world in an RPG.

As a critic who often overlooks the soundtrack of any given release, I feel it’s my duty to get this important bit of information out of the way early – Xenoblade Chronicles X has possibly the best soundtrack a videogame’s hosted in years, and I do not say that lightly. Hiroyuki Sawano brings an unforgettable mix of inspiring tunes and deliciously cheesy numbers to create something that will bury its way into the audience’s ears.

Paging duckroll :p

Seriously can't wait though! Goodbye free time!

Daknight

Man, the wait is going to be painful! I am glad is getting review so well :) Thankfully my wife gave me some early game presents to keep me busy till then! So need to download the packages when I get home today!

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
What's up with the first two posts? Did OP botch their first attempt?

Looking forward to this. I'm undecided but like the premise so I want to learn more about what works and doesn't as small nagging things in RPGs are much worse than in other shorter games.
Made the thread a bit early and it got zerg rushed with a bunch of baseless predictions (and a .gif I posted >_>) all of which were deleted.

Red Hood

Banned
The first one is 50% off today only on the eshop so if you plan to play that one (which you should), you should get it today.

Oh man 50% off is always nice, I guess I'm very likely buying this now. How is the performance on the Wii U? I assume it's the same as the Wii version, which brings me to the next question, how was Xenoblade on Wii?

Top Bottom