• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Review Thread

HeySeuss

why would they review that version? they waited for the localized one.

But we already know its a solid game with some flaws. Its been out for awhile now, it's not like this game is unknown.

Ok so the dialogue might make more sense now that it's localized, but it doesn't change what is already widely known about the game.

Red Hood

Banned
For the new page:

The first one is 50% off today only on the eshop so if you plan to play that one (which you should), you should get it today.

Oh man 50% off is always nice, I guess I'm very likely buying this now. How is the performance on the Wii U? I assume it's the same as the Wii version, which brings me to the next question, how was Xenoblade in terms of performance on the Wii?

Rodin

Good scores overall, Eurogamer's "Essential" is all i needed to see.

Reviews seem to be good so far.

Now who will stand apart and put a 6?
Expecting a 2/10 from Quarter to Three.

Polygon's 7/10 is the closest.
And their preview was glowing. Welp.

Glad to see Gamespot not moving from their usual 8/10 for Nintendo games (except for the 6s to 2D platformers and 9s to Mario games).

styl3s

Reviewed about as well as i thought it would 8s and 9's and that's fucking great because people who hang on reviews should get that push. I hope, hope, hope it sells well here.

Poly giving it a 7 doesn't surprise me especially considering Kollar reviewed it, he gave Last of Us a 7.5 so i know his taste and my taste don't line up. My taste more lines up with Sterling and Xplain.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
GamesRadar - 3.5/5

+ Gorgeous world begging to be explored
+ Layers of complex systems unravel over dozens of hours
+ Skells are a game-changer
- Not terribly great at explaining itself
- Weird pacing and a passive plot
- Hunting for quest items is a real grind

But we already know its a solid game with some flaws. Its been out for awhile now, it's not like this game is unknown.

Ok so the dialogue might make more sense now that it's localized, but it doesn't change what is already widely known about the game.

...I guess gaming websites should just not review games that come out in Japan first anymore?

What.

Lunar15

Polygon's review is extremely rational and defines the problems that some people will have with the game's systems and UI.

JCX

Scores are much higher than I expected. Thought it would get mostly 7's with a few 8's. Soundtrack seems divisive, but having played both P4G and P3P this year, I'll grow to like the campy rock/rap in XCX. Just a few more days.

TheMoon

Oh man 50% off is always nice, I guess I'm very likely buying this now. How is the performance on the Wii U? I assume it's the same as the Wii version, which brings me to the next question, how was Xenoblade in terms of performance on the Wii?

There's no "version" ...it's the same thing :)

You'll save yourself the noisy disc drive which is great since the disc went nuts with Xenoblade on Wii. The game ran smooth originally except during heavy battles where it slowed down sometimes.

Looking pretty good. Better than I expected. Maybe the Wii U has an actual worthwhile AAA game for the holidays after all?

EDIT: Not sure if it's for me though. I despise games that can't explain their mechanics to the player properly. That Polygon review thus has me spooked.

For the new page:

Did they ever release it in North America?

Volcynika

I'm not sure what your point is. Games are usually reviewed when they are localized for a region, outside of import reviews. Things can be changed in localization that affects the final product as well. Sometimes Japan gets patches post-launch that address issues, and western regions get the game released with those fixes. The job of the reviewer if they are reviewing products released locally, is the review the package that we are getting. That is not 1:1 with the JP release.

sensui-tomo

Yeah. It sparked a relatively big debate too because Arthur Gies basically justified the low score with being uncomfortable with the sexiness.

But water in the vicinity of a bridge, I guess.

that was also Dragon's crown 's issue too but on the topic at hand this is getting the reviews i thought it would.(still too early to speak though)

Blobbers

1rtRrhx.jpg

15 critics

Pandy

The first one is 50% off today only on the eshop so if you plan to play that one (which you should), you should get it today.

Bumping this since it's a one-day-only offer, and physical copies of the game aren't cheap. I think there's 40% off the n3DS version too, but I haven't played that version.

Reviews looking good.
Data packs downloading from the EU store.
Pre-order now being processed.
I'm really feeling it.

CrazyHal

I just read the gamespot review and i totally get what the reviewer is saying. X is a game the require a lot of time and dedication to get into so it's definitely not for everyone.

Me? I can't fucking wait!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I hate to break it to you, but most people don't read import game reviews.

DNAbro

GamesRadar - 3.5/5

+ Gorgeous world begging to be explored
+ Layers of complex systems unravel over dozens of hours
+ Skells are a game-changer
- Not terribly great at explaining itself
- Weird pacing and a passive plot
- Hunting for quest items is a real grind

Looks like my main problems with the original are still here except with a badly paced plot. Hmm.

Red Hood

Banned
There's no "version" ...it's the same thing :)

You'll save yourself the noisy disc drive which is great since the disc went nuts with Xenoblade on Wii. The game ran smooth originally except during heavy battles where it slowed down sometimes.
Any hard numbers perhaps? I can live with 30fps locked with some drops during heavy battles.

Did they ever release it in North America?
I think it did, yes. But I'm from Europe and I've only recently discovered Xenoblade, and by that time it was very hard to find.

Top Bottom