• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Review Thread

Riki

You guys are gonna hate my OT subtitle. Because I can't come up with anything cool. A Transformers pun is super lame and obvious and I used the easy good one for the Import OT already lol.

There is none.

The only connection is that it's a Takahashi game and has mechs and crazy sci-fi shit in it.

If it's not "X Gon Give It To Ya" then we're no longer friends.

Raide

Fired my Wii U up for the first time in ages. Update done for console and downloading the content packs ready for the game tomorrow. Genuinely the first game since Monster Hunter 3 ultimate that has me exited enough to dust off the console.

zhixson

Xenogears isn't explicitly related (as it's owned by square, that would be impossible) but the game is made by the same people at the helm

I know nothing of the plot, but still spoiling this question just in case:

I came away from the import thread with the impression that there were some serious, "It's not Xenogears, but holy shit this is so Xenogears" connections in the game.
Isn't it essentially the first chapter of that massive Ark project he keeps trying to make and will become totally not Xenogears if he gets to complete it?

Riki

Fired my Wii U up for the first time in ages. Update done for console and downloading the content packs ready for the game tomorrow. Genuinely the first game since Monster Hunter 3 ultimate that has me exited enough to dust off the console.
You have a WiiU and you haven't played it since MH3U?

Heading out for the first time after being introduced to the city...

The adventure begins. :D

mxMP3m7.jpg

I came away from the import thread with the impression that there were some serious, "It's not Xenogears, but holy shit this is so Xenogears" connections in the game.
Isn't it essentially the first chapter of that massive Ark project he keeps trying to make and will become totally not Xenogears if he gets to complete it?
No idea. I haven't even played xenogears personally

TheMoon

If it's not "X Gon Give It To Ya" then we're no longer friends.

I guess that one is so obvious that it hadn't even crossed my mind. :D

Thinking about it ...there is plenty of room for other rap-related X references that come to mind now lol

And it has to be a link to the video.

and sneak 'baked potatsu' in somewhere while you're at it

Trying hard to come up with a potatsu pun that fits :(

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
[OT] Warning: Boob Slider Failed to Initialize.

[OT] X gon give it to ya. Fuck wait for you to get it on your own, X gon deliver to ya

I guess that one is so obvious that it hadn't even crossed my mind. :D

Thinking about it ...there is plenty of room for other rap-related X references that come to mind now lol

Trying hard to come up with a potatsu pun that fits :(

NO THERE IS NOT PLENTY OF ROOM

llehuty

I have one OT subtitle but is probably more appropiate for the 2nd OT.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| That Skellated quickly

depward

Anyone ever experience something like this? I did in-store pickup at Best Buy because I live kinda close to one and didn't want any delays that could happen with shipping. Just got the text from Best Buy saying my CE is ready for pick up, a day early. Will they give it to me or see it's supposed to release tomorrow and hold out?

WHAT TO DO?

Had that happen to me before. You'll go down to pick it up, try, and be unsuccessful. Resulted in a wasted trip for me.

To be safe, I'd almost just call the store and confirm that YES you can pick it up today.

I got that impression from the trailer. It's not but it's definitely got a point of comparison.

Would it be possible to download the data packs while playing? Im going to Best Buy to get a hard drive for them but if I can manage to get the game out of them today I want to play it right away.

Kouriozan

I am fully onboard with your character and am now excited that it may be possible to create hot guys in this game that don't look like the bug-eyed anime freak girls seen in most media of it!

Well thanks, you can definitely make some nice characters.
Would it be possible to download the data packs while playing? Im going to Best Buy to get a hard drive for them but if I can manage to get the game out of them today I want to play it right away.

I assume so, they'll install once you're done downloading them.

Exile20

Fired my Wii U up for the first time in ages. Update done for console and downloading the content packs ready for the game tomorrow. Genuinely the first game since Monster Hunter 3 ultimate that has me exited enough to dust off the console.[/QUOTE]

People keep saying things like this like it is a badge of honor or something.

Roni

Gold Member
Xenogears isn't explicitly related (as it's owned by square, that would be impossible) but the game is made by the same people at the helm

You guys are gonna hate my OT subtitle. Because I can't come up with anything cool. A Transformers pun is super lame and obvious and I used the easy good one for the Import OT already lol.

There is none.

The only connection is that it's a Takahashi game and has mechs and crazy sci-fi shit in it.

Thanks, fellas. Might give this franchise a shot since it's the same guy from Xenogears. Loved that game...

I think this is the first game I've seen where the male character creations are much better looking than the female ones.

Are all the girls doomed to having huge anime eyes?

Yeah that works, I'm sitting on the titlescreen till dinner is finished and the data-packs download in the background :)

Is this playable with the pro controller?

I feel some very long gaming sessions coming soon and the pro controller has excellent battery life.

Squishy3

Also to note is beyond the first load into the game while you're playing if you don't fast travel at all the data packs wouldn't affect anything as there's no loading screens once you start playing outside of fast traveling.

Isotope

Can the content packs be downloaded before you get the game?

The Data Packs? They can indeed be downloaded right now! Do note that if you're going digital, you don't need the data packs. The packs are solely for the physical release of the game.

Top Bottom