• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Review Thread

Sölf

So, I just saw I have to redownload the datapacks, because apparently my Wii U was turned off during download. Wat.

TheMoon

Mmm, are you sure? It fits when I try to write it. I can't publish, of course.

Edit: maybe because of the link?

yea, link kills it (using yu2.be)

But I got something now. You guys will still hate it but it's a compromise if various things. (spoilers: the link is in there, don't worry^^)

No more subtitle suggestions required, guys! :) Locked in. You'll hate it.^^

Just deleted Bayonetta 2 and Splatoon files and I have exactly 22GB left. this is not enough for digital purchase of the game??

You'll just have to try it. I ended up clearing 25gb just to be sure (and because most of the space was taken by files too big to end up with exactly 22gb).

Malus

MMORPG.com (8.8/10): http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...e-Chronicles-X-An-Open-and-Sprawling-RPG.html

Even with its short falls Xenoblade Chronicles X is a strong candidate for game of the year on the Wii U and is easily the best RPG. While I’ll stop short of saying you should run out and buy a Wii U just for this title if you already own a Wii U and are a fan of RPGs this is a must have game for your collection.

X Gon Give It To U

Stop tryna mess with perfection.

cyba89

Played a bit over two hours (just chose my fraction) and I have to say I'm not a big fan of the music so far. I hope it gets better.

RPGCrazied

Played a bit over two hours (just chose my fraction) and I have to say I'm not a big fan of the music so far. I hope it gets better.

I haven't heard much of it, but from what I can tell it just has to many vocal tracks and rap?, in the game.

I would have liked a more orchestral score like Xenoblade WIi.

I haven't heard much of it, but from what I can tell it just has to many vocal tracks and rap?, in the game.

I would have liked a more orchestral score like Xenoblade WIi.

Same here. Loved Xenoblade's OST and sad this one isn't more like that. :(

Although I don't hate the Xenoblade X soundtrack as much as I did initially. I've listened to the entire thing a few times and there's definitely some nice tracks on there. But also some decent/meh/ok tracks and then a few "omg shit" tracks, lol.

Malus

Same here. Loved Xenoblade's OST and sad this one isn't more like that. :(

Although I don't hate the Xenoblade X soundtrack as much as I did initially. I've listened to the entire thing a few times and there's definitely some nice tracks on there. But also some decent/meh/ok tracks and then a few "omg shit" tracks, lol.

I'm glad they went in a different direction with the music, as someone who thinks XC has the GOAT soundtrack. Gives X its own identity.

Whether it's a GOOD direction or not we'll see. I haven't spoiled the ost for myself yet. I do love Sawano in general though.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

But I got something now. You guys will still hate it but it's a compromise if various things. (spoilers: the link is in there, don't worry^^)

When is it going up? We need a release date and time.

I'm glad they went in a different direction with the music, as someone who thinks XC has the GOAT soundtrack. Gives X its own identity.

Whether it's a GOOD direction or not we'll see. I haven't spoiled the ost for myself yet. I do love Sawano in general though.

I normally wouldn't spoil myself by listening to all the music, but I was a bit concerned upon hearing some of the more popular tracks and how different it was from Xenoblade Wii. So I just listened to the whole thing. My favorite tracks are basically all the ones they have used in the trailers (CODENAMEX, THEMEX, MONOX, The Way, etc). I also like "In the Forest" despite it having a vocal element.

Same here, but that being said I do like X's soundtrack. I even like Black Tar which everyone seems to hate.

Is that the battle theme? Meh, it's alright. I don't really care for the rap sections, but the actual theme is fine.

Malus

It's gonna have "U" isn't it. D:<

Some people just wanna watch the world burn.

Indigo in Toronto. It's a book store. They had one on shelf. I checked bookstores because i thought they probably give fuck all about strategy guide release dates.

It's the hard cover guide? If so, what's the quality like? Can you tell how detailed it is for all the regular quests? Or have you even had a chance to look at it at all?

LProtag

Hm. My Best Buy order shipped last night but UPS still hasn't picked it up. I'm just going to assume everything will be okay for tomorrow, but I can't help but worry.

Ozium

RWS_Tarot_18_Moon.jpg

It's the hard cover guide? If so, what's the quality like? Can you tell how detailed it is for all the regular quests? Or have you even had a chance to look at it at all?

I am stuck at work right now so I can't flip through it. It's hard cover and looks pretty meaty but I won't be flipping through it until I get home.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| A Factual Written Account of a Foreign Blade

Top Bottom