• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Review Thread

WolfeTone

Does anyone know if the player character's gender has any impact on the story? Does it influence any of the heart-to-heart or affinity stuff between the other characters?

Shikoba

As someone who's never played the original XB, should I just get that first and then play this one? If so, where can I find a copy of XB for relatively cheap?

I'd say jump right into Xenoblade Chronicles X. The online will be thriving and you can enjoy the excitement of the game with everyone else. The games are not connected and each will easily gives you hundreds of hours of play time. Down the road if you want to grab XC and you are in the US you can grab it on 3DS, which is probably the cheapest. Otherwise I'd keep my fingers crossed for a Wii U store release.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I might be getting the game tomorrow. How long does it usually take to complete?

I reached the final story mission at under 50 hours (45 or so, I think). With that said, there is a TON to do. You could easily get lost in doing side stuff and spend hundreds of hours playing the game.

Chaos17

As someone who's never played the original XB, should I just get that first and then play this one? If so, where can I find a copy of XB for relatively cheap?

Both game are not related to each other and personally I never played the first game and I think I'm doing fine for now. You just need to listen to your companions in combat and do the skills they're asking. All the basics are explained, either with simple tuto or read your screen or random npcs. If you need some deeper explaination, you've an in game manual and the wikia.

I'm still at the begining tho, lol.

SuomiDude

So I just ordered the game, because there was this awesome deal on one of our local department stores where they reduced the original price by the tax there would normally be. So instead of 52,99€, I got it for 42,73€ (I need to pick it up from the nearest store, but it's at the center of my city, so no big deal). I wasn't supposed to buy it yet, because I just bought Super Mario 3D World, but at that price I couldn't pass it :D

okita

Got my SE today , didn't play it yet. The pen drive have 10 tracks , wave format , listening right now :)

Crap picture below

FvgobVP.jpg

Top Bottom