• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Review Thread

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
TheMoon has already made his decision guys. The Potatsu cometh.

giphy.gif

just got back from uni. it'll be up in a few hours. wasn't expecting you guys to be this hungry. I tend to put them up around midnight usually lol.

I wish ... my copy hasn't even shipped yet^^

Had to walk past early retail copies today and suppress tears.

Had to dig this out, so Moon will the OT will be up around 4PM EST? :p

Kjellson

I still haven't decided if I should start with this after I have downloaded it or if I should wait for tomorrow after work. Damn this wait.

Any (p)reviews of this yet? I ordered the Monado Archives Xenoblade Chronicles artbook and was disappointed to see how text heavy it was (since I can't read Japanese) compared to others I own.

they only released 2 preview sketch, 1 on the amazon (Lin) and another one in latest Dengeki Nintendo (Elma). Since the book isn't released yet we dunno how text heavy it is

Oh crap so it looks like I had a CE pre-ordered with gamestop that's on it's way. They allow returns on CEs right?

EDIT: I don't see anything on their website that says they won't. I guess I'll return it when it gets here... Wednesday? Lolgamestop.

Vitacat

Is there any digital guide available? I would prefer to keep it on my iPad (doesn't take physical space and I can search for stuff).

Sounds like you may not be interested in a physical book at all, but you can pre-order the Collector's Edition on Amazon for $22 and it includes the digital version as well.

I just ordered one for myself.

Amalthea

Banned
Up to now everything is fine and dandy to me except one thing: NLA daytime theme.

It sounds like somebody banging on a garbage container after it rolled over their feet.

Heee! BANG BANG Heee! BANG BANG

LProtag

When do I start worrying about my Best Buy order? UPS hasn't picked it up for delivery yet.

I just need this game tomorrow.

Chaos17

Finished rerolling, now roomate turn to play... *sad*
Anyway, I was surprise how quickly I was able to grasp the combat and wen you do the right combo, those combats are quite fast paced.

|OT| Mad Skells are needed to play with these Dolls
And this is why I don't make |OT| :(

Pointless update on my Amazon UK situation. They've dispatched...yay. Arriving Wednesday. What. The. Fuck? You were saying Saturday a few hours ago. It seems it is the hands of WPDS who Amazon UK themsleves have no info on. Going by google it appears WPDS (whoever they are) give the package to someone else so maybe it will be Wednesday after all. Thanks Amazon UK. Then again I should have known £30 was too good to be true...

sugarless

Anyone else in London, pre-ordered on Amazon UK, had a shipment notification for arrival on Friday and now it's gone back to Saturday? I can't work out why. I'm in actual civilisation London too. Fucking zone 2!

Chanser

Anyone else in London, pre-ordered on Amazon UK, had a shipment notification for arrival on Friday and now it's gone back to Saturday? I can't work out why. I'm in actual civilisation London too. Fucking zone 2!

The Game Collection shipped early for me.

Memory

Yep South London here, hopefully they give us a £5 voucher to make up for it.

Malus

More metacritic updates, Gamerevolution (9/10): http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/xenoblade-chronicles-x

Xenoblade Chronicles X is epic and a really great game, but one that requires the player to approach it in a specific way. It's an oddity on the Wii U, a full-fledged massive RPG experience from a first-party Nintendo developer. Parts of it are so Japanese—character design, animations, anime/manga-esque plot—that it feels like it should be an Atlus or Nippon-Ichi title; but if it were that niche it would never have been able to develop the expansive environment. There's certainly nothing like it on the Wii U, or anywhere else. It's definitely worth picking up if you have the platform.

sugarless

Yep South London here, hopefully they give us a £5 voucher to make up for it.

It's weird, I literally screenshotted the tracking page this afternoon to show someone and in the intervening 6 hours it's suddenly slipped.

Is that what they do if they fail to deliver on the pre-order day-one delivery guarantee? Give you a £5 voucher?

Gnilres

Had that happen to me before. You'll go down to pick it up, try, and be unsuccessful. Resulted in a wasted trip for me.

To be safe, I'd almost just call the store and confirm that YES you can pick it up today.

Yeah they didn't give it to me. Didn't give them a hard time even though I literally had it in my hand before they realized they couldn't actually sell it.

Feelsbadman.jpeg

Memory

It's weird, I literally screenshotted the tracking page this afternoon to show someone and in the intervening 6 hours it's suddenly slipped.

Is that what they do if they fail to deliver on the pre-order day-one delivery guarantee? Give you a £5 voucher?

I got a £5 voucher earlier this year for another pre-order that was delivered after release day, can't remember which one now though.

Top Bottom