• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Review Thread

Also to note is beyond the first load into the game while you're playing if you don't fast travel at all the data packs wouldn't affect anything as there's no loading screens once you start playing outside of fast traveling.

I thought they reduced pop-in as well. Is that not the case?

Diablos54

Almost 6 hours in and this is the first time I've got shopping!
lRc0vog.jpg

I want to look through my strategy guide right now but I don't want the people at work asking me about Xenoblade.

"It's another world and I plan to spend 1000 hours there."

Squishy3

I thought they reduced pop-in as well. Is that not the case?
I mean they do, but what I mean is it probably won't affect the experience very much if you play the game while they're downloading, because you'll be too busy being excited about playing it to care. :p Can just relaunch the game after they've finished downloading. (or as each pack finishes)

Chaos17

The color of his hair just doesn't go well with the game, I'm gonna change it by rerolling.

CVUjqKdU4AAP349.jpg:large

It just break the immersion for me, lol

TheMoon

What is the size of the game+data packs combined?

data packs are ONLY for the disc version.

DO NOT download the data packs if you buy the game on the eShop. completely useless.

eShop game after install is 19GB (22GB needed to download)
data packs after install are about 10GB (15.3GB needed to download)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

DO NOT download the data packs if you buy the game on the eShop. completely useless.

What are you doing here?

GET BACK TO WORKING ON THAT OT!

So I see people saying they had to redownload the data packs? What's that about? I downloaded them a couple weeks ago, but haven't checked to make sure they were still there. Is there a problem with them?

Uh, not sure what to do, I want this game so bad, hype is through the roof.

I have so many Wii U games to play and beat, Rayman, Pikmin 3, W101, ZombiU, Splinter Cell. So many Wii games too, original Xenoblade, SMG2 and Metroid Prime. I was going to get Captain Toad TT today and the sale was gone.

I also need to get: Yoshi's WW, Bayo 1+2, Splatoon, Smash, SMM, Deus Ex and Hyrule Warriors.

I just got Witcher 3 and Mordor on PS4 too.

I need more time to play and less games.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Uh, not sure what to do, I want this game so bad, hype is through the roof.

I have so many Wii U games to play and beat, Rayman, Pikmin 3, W101, ZombiU, Splinter Cell. So many Wii games too, original Xenoblade, SMG2 and Metroid Prime. I was going to get Captain Toad TT today and the sale was gone.

I also need to get: Yoshi's WW, Bayo 1+2, Splatoon, Smash, SMM, Deus Ex and Hyrule Warriors.

I just got Witcher 3 and Mordor on PS4 too.

I need more time to play and less games.

Later will not make it decrease in price so no need to get it now

silva1991

Just deleted Bayonetta 2 and Splatoon files and I have exactly 22GB left. this is not enough for digital purchase of the game??

OmegaDL50

Amazon is telling me between 11th and 18th. It's just plain cruelty.

Yeah, same here. Mine says 10th to the 12th.

Mind you I've pre-ordered several months in advance too.

Sometimes I want to believe the reason why some of these shipments are coming later then expected is because the games pre-order expectations were beyond what Nintendo planned and they had to produce more to meet that demand.

But more realistically it's probably because of the November / December holiday shopping craze and the slower shipment expectations.

Top Bottom