• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: website update (April 16) - Dolls (screens, artworks videos)

img_sp-welcome14L-02.jpg

First thing I do when I get here is jump off and find out what's waiting for me in those murky depths.

I don't think we can dive in this game.

If we could that would be really cool if we could use the Dolls to explore underwater caverns and stuff.

Names seem somewhat random, unless they are each a part of larger pools. Amdusias is a demon in the Goetia, and Mastema + Lailah are angels. Inferno is just a cool word unless they're going to pair it with Paradiso and Purgatorio, and Urban + Formula are vastly different theme wise.
Some names could be xenogears references also the xeno series likes to use religious themes

Fredrik

:eek:
Okay this is seriously impressive, look at the complexity in... well everything! I don't get how it can run and look this good on WiiU.

I kind of prefer the third person aspect of it. I wouldn't have minded the option for first person, too though.

Ugh, the wait for the release date announcement is killing me. It's out in Japan so soon and we still don't know when it'll be released elsewhere. :(

-Horizon-

I kind of prefer the third person aspect of it. I wouldn't have minded the option for first person, too though.

Ugh, the wait for the release date announcement is killing me. It's out in Japan so soon and we still don't know when it'll be released elsewhere. :(

Is it ok to believe in July or August just because? :(

Renewed

Alright, take me now. I'm rolling in Lailah or Inferno. MAYBEEEE Formula as well? Dang I want them all. Also hearing all that music in gameplay (even if it's added in post) is so satisfying.

can I ask here? who will making import OT? becuase I'm ready to dip in

I believe TheMoon is having that honour... unless I'm mistaken.

I hope that there will be even more dolls beyond the seven models we know about. I'd like to see some really funky/stylized ones.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The mechs look great aesthetically and movement wise but I think the combat looks weird sometimes. Those super weapons feel like they should be used from further away or something.

lol. Sorry about that. I don't know what the heck is going on with my browser.

No problem
Embrace webm future

Godiego

Neo Member
I'm seriously thinking about importing a Wii U just to play this game, I need it NOW! also, I didn't know that you don't waste Doll fuel while traveling in vehicle mode. that's awesome!

Kanann

I'm seriously thinking about importing a Wii U just to play this game, I need it NOW! also, I didn't know that you don't waste Doll fuel while traveling in vehicle mode. that's awesome!

calm down, man
I will play it for you 999 hours before E3

This game right here is making the Robotech fan in me very happy
I get a very strong Macross vibe too. That's part of the reason I'm hoping that the affinity system is more expansive than we've seen, because if this game can deliver that mix of mech action with interpersonal relationships/drama, I'm gonna be in nerd heaven.

Dirtie

They could have removed the lyrics from the song in the first vid and it would have been perfectly serviceable. As it stands it reminds me of one those horrible cheesy songs from early 3D era Sonic games.

Everything else looks cool though.

The mech designs are so cool, im glad they didnt go with a generic look

Something that I have always liked about the Xeno games is the unique mech designs. I just hope that these ones can get some models or figures or something.

They could have removed the lyrics from the song in the first vid and it would have been perfectly serviceable. As it stands it reminds me of one those horrible cheesy songs from early 3D era Sonic games.

Everything else looks cool though.

Many of the songs are the musical equivalent of this candle because of the lyrics. Even if they were just all in another language it would be better since then I wouldn't be able to understand the dumb things being said.

DJIzana

If we could that would be really cool if we could use the Dolls to explore underwater caverns and stuff.

I wonder if Monolith Soft would consider expanding the world of X ever by like adding expansion packs or something? Adding new zones with DLC (besides new quests that are already planned for DLC)?

Zolbrod

This kind of made me think: since this is an open-world game, have there been any true open world games so far with pit-falls?

I mean, I know the original game had pit-falls, but that wasn't a fully open game.
I wouldn't be surprised if you could just jump down that chasm and land in the sea or a lake or something.

Vena

This kind of made me think: since this is an open-world game, have there been any true open world games so far with pit-falls?

I mean, I know the original game had pit-falls, but that wasn't a fully open game.
I wouldn't be surprised if you could just jump down that chasm and land in the sea or a lake or something.

If you jump down a chasm, the Bionis appears and kills you.

Renewed

Is this an Eshop title and any word on price???

15$ range??

You.... I like you.

$60 MSRP in US I believe (all I know for sure is $65 here in Canuckland). We just need details for western release and what to expect.

It would be available for retail and eShop. Hopefully you have an external HDD for your Wii U because this is a big one.

You.... I like you.

$60 MSRP in US I believe (all I know for sure is $65 here in Canuckland). We just need details for western release and what to expect.

It would be available for retail and eShop. Hopefully you have an external HDD for your Wii U because this is a big one.

Appreciate the info, thanks.

I'll just use my Linksys router, can't wait for this one.

Keasar

A little sad that it doesn't seem you can customize the individual parts on a doll, just the colours.

Still, they all look great so far.

Top Bottom