• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: website update (April 16) - Dolls (screens, artworks videos)

Renewed

A little sad that it doesn't seem you can customize the individual parts on a doll, just the colours.

Still, they all look great so far.

I assume it's because it would mess with the transforming abilities. But it'd be nifty to account for that and mix and match parts for light types, then for medium and heavy. Nonetheless, I love all the weapons... :drools:

Gambit

I imagine the big holdup is the weird amount of protagonist voices there are.

You think they'll actually translate them all? At best I was expecting them to cut them in half.

Of course it also depends how much that character actually does speak. He seems like a silent protagonist so far.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You think they'll actually translate them all? At best I was expecting them to cut them in half.

Of course it also depends how much that character actually does speak. He seems like a silent protagonist so far.

Soul voice kinda threw a wench into that, theres tons of soul voices used in combat, with different ones corresponding to the personality of your avatar, so theres tsundere options and genki options and royal princess options, etc. So they maybe cant cut the personality/accents down for gameplay reasons.

Yeah. The voice options seem very fluff. Considering they don't influence anything. They're not like a personality selection or something that influences how the story goes.

Male Voices

Shintaro Asauma (Classic)
Kouki Uchiyama (Rival)
Eiji Miyashita (Hot-blooded)
Shinosuke Tachibana (Honor-Roll Student)
Tetsuya Kakihara (Shounen)
Souichirou Hoshi (Teenage)
Daisuke Namikawa (Military)
Toshihiko Seki (Brother)
Masaya Onosaka (Kansai)
Hideyuki Tanaka (Samurai)

Female Voices

Ai Maeda (Classic)
Rina Satou (Tsundere)
Yui Ogura (Whisper)
Shiori Katsuta (High-Class)
Maaya Uchida (Spoiled)
Sumire Uesaka (Ditzy)
Atsuko Tanaka (Military)
Ami Koshimizu (Sexy)
Ryoko Shiraishi (Kansai)
Mariko Suzuki (Traditional Japanese)

Brackets refers to the names given to the voices by the site. Do not take them too literally.

A lot of these don't directly translate either. I think Kansai is the one that just has a Southern accent used as it's equivalent. Also it may be hard in English to really make really distinct some of those male choices.

I would rather they stick to four or five more broad archetypes each. Have British as one option as a nod.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
img_doll07-02.png

I really like this. Amdusias is top of my list currently. Now let's see how expensive it will be and how fast can I get it.

Renewed

I really like this. Amdusias is top of my list currently. Now let's see how expensive it will be and how fast can I get it.

Well I hope you enjoy working for it, since it's the most expensive one. It seems to be proficient in melee since it comes equip with that "scythe."

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
wow, simply wow. at doll design, at their customization, at their transformation, at their battles...but also at landscape...amazing.

Chaos17

I wonder if Monolith Soft would consider expanding the world of X ever by like adding expansion packs or something? Adding new zones with DLC (besides new quests that are already planned for DLC)?

That would be awesome.
Fantasy life had a DLC and it was totally worth more 50+ hours of gameplay for its price.
I hope X will follow it.

Keasar

But you can attach like 8 different weapons
Not trying to diminish that. Just would have loved different head, arms and torso options to get a mech that looks more personal.

I assume it's because it would mess with the transforming abilities. But it'd be nifty to account for that and mix and match parts for light types, then for medium and heavy. Nonetheless, I love all the weapons... :drools:
Yeah, figured it has to do with the transformations.

You can, just go fight and lose limbs.
Gonna fight as a walking turret only with the legs and torso left.

What's the split going to be between mech combat and regular combat? Will you only be fighting huge bosses and stuff as mechs?

The game looks gorgeous. Can't wait.

Chaos17

What's the split going to be between mech combat and regular combat? Will you only be fighting huge bosses and stuff as mechs?

You can do both.
The picture below show that you can attack on foot while the rest of your party can stay in their mechas.
yearofthemech6ekr2.gif

But for flying enemies, I guess that tactic wouldn't be possible.
HeavyElegantAnnashummingbird.gif

RPGCrazied

I wish the Treehouse would give us an update on the localization.

I mean, it IS being done while the game is being made so we won't have to wait to long for it, right!?

Ditto. I really hope they show the game off in English finally at E3, if they don't I fear this is going to get delayed.

Zero²

They know the prefect music to use where you'll start working on designing your mech and when you look at the clock, 7 hours will have passed.
It's just sooo chill, kinda reminds me of when I wasted hours to no end customizing my cars on NFS Underground 2...
I dunno how people can still badmouth Sawano if they listen to something like this.

This game will be amazing wont it?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Now if the game don't have a World Ennemies called Bionis we must fight in the middle of the ocean I will be disappointed

I for one hope for a giant mecha final boss battle between the bionis and the mechonis.

garath

If there was ever a reason for a Wii U.. This would probably be it. It's rare I consider buying a console just for one game.. but this is getting there lol.

Looks amazing.

SkyOdin

Looks like you can switch between mech combat and foot combat freely, and you can even fight with a mixed party of people on foot and people in mechs. It is probably safe to assume that there will be parts of the game where you can't use mechs, such as some indoor dungeons. There will also probably be sequences where you have to use mechs, such as theoretical fights up in outer space. We'll know when the game comes out.

DrWong

Looks like you can switch between mech combat and foot combat freely, and you can even fight with a mixed party of people on foot and people in mechs. It is probably safe to assume that there will be parts of the game where you can't use mechs, such as some indoor dungeons. There will also probably be sequences where you have to use mechs, such as theoretical fights up in outer space. We'll know when the game comes out.

Don't forget you will have improved stat'/buff for human when they're mixed with Dolls. If I remember well.

Porcile

2015 aka Year of the Japanese developer; Xenoblade Chronicles X, The Phantom Pain, Bloodborne, Persona 5, Splatoon, Devil's Third (it will be good!) and Monster Hunter 4G (it counts!). Brings a tear to my eye :')

jgwhiteus

The doll video gameplay explained that you will have 6 equipements slots available for your mecha. Wich mean that yes, you can wear a laser canon+a beam sword if you like.

Here's a sub version : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSE_l9baH2w

But in the image he linked to and is highlighting, it looks like all the weapons are going in the empty slots above the red box (you can see the icons for things like spare weapons, shoulder weapons, etc.)

The parts in the red box appear to be for the body: "head", "arm left", "arm right", "body", "leg". I think his question is whether we can mix and match the actual body part designs, not just the weapons themselves (e.g. put a Wels-looking head on a Lailah-type body).

The likely explanation is those are "armor" slots (as opposed to weapon slots) - like an upgraded helmet and arm gauntlets that have higher defense and evade rates. But it's not clear if upgrading your armor would actually change the appearance of your mecha, vs. just having upgraded stats.

-Horizon-

Zero²;160360132 said:
It's just sooo chill, kinda reminds me of when I wasted hours to no end customizing my cars on NFS Underground 2...
I dunno how people can still badmouth Sawano if they listen to something like this.

This game will be amazing wont it?

For me, the soundtrack feels like a mixed bag still. Some good, some meh.

The game will definitely be great though, I just know it :)

Renewed

But in the image he linked to and is highlighting, it looks like all the weapons are going in the empty slots above the red box (you can see the icons for things like spare weapons, shoulder weapons, etc.)

The parts in the red box appear to be for the body: "head", "arm left", "arm right", "body", "leg". I think his question is whether we can mix and match the actual body part designs, not just the weapons themselves (e.g. put a Wels-looking head on a Lailah-type body).

The likely explanation is those are "armor" slots (as opposed to weapon slots) - like an upgraded helmet and arm gauntlets that have higher defense and evade rates. But it's not clear if upgrading your armor would actually change the appearance of your mecha, vs. just having upgraded stats.

They'll probably keep it to stat changes. But I'll be so happy if it also applies changes to the aesthetics. I have to wonder how effective it'll be though, since the value of a light doll vs a heavy doll is higher evasion but lower HP. Probably also add some varied bonuses/detractions to resistances.

Chaos17

I just gave an example that the video gave.
Anyway, I strongly advise you guys to watch the subbed version if you have more questions about dolls.

wanders

Not trying to diminish that. Just would have loved different head, arms and torso options to get a mech that looks more personal.

Yeah, figured it has to do with the transformations.

Gonna fight as a walking turret only with the legs and torso left.

So should we assume this is nothing, or hold onto hope for body customization?

Maybe there will be armor customization??

eqpp2o8.jpg

batbeg

The artwork is great. Someone actually did a photoshop to make it look like it's a cover to a sci-fi novel.

1429235493729.jpg

Woooooooow that is slick.

I don't even know how to verbalize my praise for everything this game looks to be doing right. I don't want to use hyperbolic language but it's good, it's damned good.

Top Bottom