• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade X import videos/streams thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

I don't think
it can actually be episode 1 without thinking getting a bit murky since they don't own the Xenogears franchise, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the ideas from episode 1 were lifted into Xenoblade X

Well, yeah, the same way that Saga was parts of PW but "not really" lol. So yeah, like you said, ideas and story direction.

I feel like all the Xeno games end up being Takahashi just trying to recreate the story and history he made with Gears that he never got to finish. Even Blade could be bits and pieces of one of the PW episodes.

Nanashrew

Banned
Should we mark any locations like through normal exploration under spoiler tags? Just curious. The view I saw in Narumi's stream was amazing.

ivysaur12

Banned
Well, yeah, the same way that Saga was parts of PW but "not really" lol. So yeah, like you said, ideas and story direction.

I feel like all the Xeno games end up being Takahashi just trying to recreate the story and history he made with Gears that he never got to finish. Even Blade could be bits and pieces of one of the PW episodes.

Which is either admirable or sad. I can't decide.

Leeness

Which is either admirable or sad. I can't decide.

Lol yep. Same. His themes are usually the same too, and even though I love them, it's always kind of funny.

I wouldn't be surprised if Abel or Miang look-a-likes showed up, or people with similar purposes to the two. Or a Zohar. Or "this has happened once and will happen again and again until we can break free of this ETERNAL RECURRENCE".

Do it, Takahashi.

ivysaur12

Banned
Lol yep. Same. His themes are usually the same too, and even though I love them, it's always kind of funny.

I wouldn't be surprised if Abel or Miang look-a-likes showed up, or people with similar purposes to the two. Or a Zohar. Or "this has happened once and will happen again and again until we can break free of this ETERNAL RECURRENCE".

Do it, Takahashi.

Ha! Exactly. I do appreciate that
Xenoblade was very much its own thing, story and gameplay wise, up to a certain point.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Alright guys, question, without giving spoilers, are there any connections or speculations to xenogears and/or xenosaga?

Oh man, some of these spoilers...

vZvod7H.gif

I hope it's all true!

To the people who have been watching and reading spoilers, is the story comparable to Xenogears/Xenosaga in complexities or more like Xenoblade which was a bit lighter? I enjoyed both types of stories personally.

Do it, Takahashi.

My first thought upon seeing the countdown timer at NLA was that it's a display showing how much power the city had left. Which made me think that one of the main objectives for the game would be to search for an alternative power source on Mira which a Zohar would fill the role of rather nicely with it being a source of unlimited energy.

Unrelated:
Also, has it been confirmed whether or not the player character is an android/synthetic human or not yet? I had speculated as much before the streams began and I was hoping to find out if I was right.

Dice//

Banned
Wait, is he fighting that thing? That's the size of one of the motherships in Independence Day, and it appears to be just another enemy out in the field?

Naw, pretty certain that's a boss.

Actually, that reminds me: Have there been any sort of dungeon-like areas or has it been strictly outdoor exploration (or even like those sort of mini-dungeons like in the FF15 demo)?

Leeness

My first thought upon seeing the countdown timer at NLA was that it's a display showing how much power the city had left. Which made me think that one of the main objectives for the game would be to search for an alternative power source on Mira which a Zohar would fill the role of rather nicely with it being a source of unlimited energy.

Interesting! I'm wondering if a Zohar is already powering the city though. :D

There are some spoilers about what the countdown might be for but no idea if they're legit at all.

EhoaVash

Nice reading the iwata ask its confirmed this game has 32 player online ( loosly connected, dark souls ish. 32 random people are connected, can trade items, leave messages, do loosly connected queats - anyone of 32 players can kill certain amount of enemies, gather something and the rest of players will get experience/ reward even If you're not interacting or involved )

Also game has one 4 player online boss battles

Not sure if old info though

Nice reading the iwata ask its confirmed this game has 32 player online ( loosly connected, dark souls ish. 32 random people are connected, can trade items, leave messages, do loosly connected queats - anyone of 32 players can kill certain amount of enemies, gather something and the rest of players will get experience/ reward even If you're not interacting or involved )

Also game has one 4 player online boss battles

Not sure if old info though

It was in the Doll/network japanese direct

Nanashrew

Banned
Actually, it was someone's avatar that showed up as Hamayama was just exploring. But Hamayama did stick around for a second for people to read it.

Interesting! I'm wondering if a Zohar is already powering the city though. :D

There are some spoilers about what the countdown might be for but no idea if they're legit at all.

From what I've understood (without watching any streams or anything after pre-release material)
is that the countdown is most likely keeping track of the energy left in the Lifes. If you remember the short story... (bolded is my emphasis). Also note that the DM engine, alien technology we somehow got our hands on, is the main (remote) power source for the entire city sphere, and the Dolls (in flight). Is it a Zohar? Well actually the Lifes are shaped like Zohar, as a reference.. but the DM engine is like the spirit of the Zohar (I also haven't played Gears or Saga, so my understanding of those is entirely from heresay).

That's what I believe the countdown is tracking.

“First of all, we must locate the other pieces of the ship. First we’ll locate the residential sector, then the DM engine sector, and third...the Life.”

The crew listened with bated breath as Nagi explained the orders to them. The residential sector was necessary for them to live on the planet’s surface. Although the primary engine was seriously damaged, they still had the auxilliary engine. Shelter and energy would be indispensable if they wanted to live on as a civilization. And...

“The Life, eh? We need to find those pronto.”

Van Damme folded his arms and muttered. The Life were the immigrant ships’ most important cargo. Most of the people who had departed Earth were asleep inside of them.

“I-my brother and parents are still asleep in them. So...”

Mei muttered anxiously. The only people awake aboard the Moby Dick were the crew members, military personnel, and the Life system operators. It wasn’t unusual for family members to be asleep in the Life.

However, assuming they withstood the crash, the systems would shut off if their energy reserves dried up. So they must do everything in their power to rescue the people sleeping in them before that happens. They weren’t in any immediate danger, but they didn’t forever to wait around either.

Nanashrew

Banned
Hamayama is daring and has been taking on some enemies a bit higher than him, rather than enemies lower or at his level. I like his style and adventurous spirit.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I think hamayama is at that part that was heavily spoiler tagged earlier in the day. Just a warning.

Edit: Or maybe not. This looks like some new freaking god level desert beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom