• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSeed giving LUNAR PSP a fresh translation

Odrion

Banned
2DMention said:
bro⋅mide
  /ˈbroʊmaɪd or, for 1, ˈbroʊmɪd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [broh-mahyd or, for 1, broh-mid] Show IPA
Use bromide in a Sentence
See web results for bromide
See images of bromide
–noun
1. Chemistry.
a. a salt of hydrobromic acid consisting of two elements, one of which is bromine, as sodium bromide, NaBr.
b. a compound containing bromine, as methyl bromide.
2. Pharmacology. potassium bromide, known to produce central nervous system depression, formerly used as a sedative.
3. a platitude or trite saying.
4. a person who is platitudinous and boring.

:lol :lol :lol

I don't know if I'll get the regular or spec. ed. yet. I doubt I'll listen to the soundtrack.
dudebromide, my shit is fucked up so I got to buzzkill/bore you.

Never played the first one.

500x_lunar.jpg

I need this, I don't know why, but I do. I really hope for Lunar 2: Eternal Blue remake, I love my PS1 boxset so.

The Soundtrack is definitely a nice thing, most modern "collectors" editions don't include the soundtrack, and more and more they haven't been coming with anything real *at all*, just adding some in-game content (which throws off the game balance). Still doesn't touch the editions of old (I still have my PSX SSS with the hardcover instruction manual), but it's a step in the right direction.

Of course, I'm still waiting for Working Design's Ys Infinity package...

ys-infinity.jpg

Working Designs president Victor Ireland prepares to hand deliver the first copy of Ys Infinity.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
vireland said:
We're not magicians. The soundtracks we released featured extended arrangements of every song that *completely filled* the CDs. The EB one was something like 24 tracks and 73:30 long. Yeah, we could have got ALL the songs on, but they would have been *much* shorter, and probably less interesting as a result In fact, on the EB soundtrack, we had Zophar's Theme (I'm pretty sure that's the one) completely finished, but had to cut it because we were over the physical capacity of the CD.

Solution: 2 disc sountrack! I mean you all threw in a million other stuffs whats another music disc? :D But seriously I never thought of the space issue ^_^; As for the play time I see theirs is shorter but has more tracks. I can't decide which is better >_<?

HomerSimpson-Man said:
500x_lunar.jpg

I need this, I don't know why, but I do. I really hope for Lunar 2: Eternal Blue remake, I love my PS1 boxset so.

Can't help but want!

Oh an yes on that EB remake!

Augemitbutter said:
still have my lunar 1+2 packages from back then in mint condition, this one will make a fine addition.

Mine are mint-ish (minty?).... I played the games an listened to the music an checked the making of discs and went through the manuals and maps and pendant and stuff but its all still in quite good condition! Still I wish I could go back in time and buy each one twice to have perfect condition ones!

I played through the JP version, and was somewhat disappointed. While I enjoyed it enough to play through to the end, the loads and inability to install it to a memory card made the game feel very sluggish. It was also too easy. If they fix the loads or let you install it (thus reducing loads), then I'll buy the USA version. If not, it's not worth my time.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Definitely buying the game.

Makes me sad that this may be the last we see of Lunar, judging by the PITIFUL Japanese sales.

Pretty depressing because *had* they made Lunar 3 on the DC/PS2 with quality on par with Lunar 1 and 2 the franchise would still be relevant today.

Eric C

Jigsaw said:
this sold less then 10k first week no?

Segata Sanshiro said:

Hcoregamer00 said:

Makes me sad that this may be the last we see of Lunar, judging by the PITIFUL Japanese sales.

Pretty depressing because *had* they made Lunar 3 on the DC/PS2 with quality on par with Lunar 1 and 2 the franchise would still be relevant today.

Is 12,000 first week really THAT bad for the PSP? I mean it's the PSP what did they expect it to sell? Or is the PSP doing much better than I think it is in Japan?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yeah, just switched my Amazon order from the standard to the LE.
The items are decent enough and the prices for the two SKUs more than fair.

Ericsc said:
Is 12,000 first week really THAT bad for the PSP? I mean it's the PSP what did they expect it to sell? Or is the PSP doing much better than I think it is in Japan?
It's terrible for any system. Obviously it varies from game to game but about 30k first week would have been a good absolute bottom range for this title. RPGs sell mostly on their first week, which means Lunar will probably struggle hard to sell 20k. That's worse than NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, and certainly isn't going to grease the gears for another remake.

Mejilan

12K is definitely not a good figure. In particular, the PSP hardware is selling fairly strongly in Japan. Or at least, it was when I last bothered to check.

Hey, and what have we here... several weeks ago, a translation patch for Lunar: Walking School for the Game Gear was released! And here I was just saying that it's too bad there wasn't one... well, there is now. Awesome stuff. It's not the main event of course, that would be a Saturn Magical School Lunar! translation patch, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. (Deserving of a thread, or not? I'm not sure... didn't do one right now obviously)

http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1454/

Maybe every PSP owner in Japan bought the PSPGo, and thus is waiting for the game to come to PSN... I know *I'll* have to wait for that.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
ZotFokPik better have bought this new edition after all those years crying over Lunar being ravished by Vic...

Dreamwriter said:
Maybe every PSP owner in Japan bought the PSPGo, and thus is waiting for the game to come to PSN... I know *I'll* have to wait for that.
Particularly in Japan, I doubt that's a problem. The PSP Go has only sold about 68k life to date in Japan, while the regular PSP has sold 13,428k.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
When is this coming out? The only info I can find pegs a January 12th release date, but I don't think that happened. It's not even on Amazon.ca.

Volcynika

aidan said:
When is this coming out? The only info I can find pegs a January 12th release date, but I don't think that happened. It's not even on Amazon.ca.

Well XSEED's site for it links to Amazon which has a Feb 23rd date, but I honestly can't recall a PR that nailed down a date.

Macstorm

Volcynika said:
Well XSEED's site for it links to Amazon which has a Feb 23rd date, but I honestly can't recall a PR that nailed down a date.
Yeah, there last PR says Q1 still. They are aiming for Feb. 23 though, as that's the review embargo.

Demo is up on the US PSN store for those that want to try. works on CFW PSP If you run it through NPD.
Saves in the demo will unlock something in the retail version

2DMention

Banned
It got pushed back? It used to be the 2nd.

Gives me more time to play through DQVII for the 2nd time in 8 years.

I pre-ordered the LE too.

Mejilan

DMPrince said:
Demo is up on the US PSN store for those that want to try. works on CFW PSP If you run it through NPD.
Saves in the demo will unlock something in the retail version

Thanks for the heads up!

just played the demo for a bit (Just got into the cave). I dislike the new menu. Kinda hard to navigate compared to the ps1 version. And there's no sound when you get into the enemy's danger zone. but i like the redesign of the game though. Hate nall's voice. WTF. and hate the new intro song too. Will finish the demo later.
I should preorder this game just for the Collector version.

linkboy

Sweet, I'm downloading this demo tomorrow when I get home, can't wait to play it.

This is one of my most wanted games this year.

jeremy1456

Ericsc said:

Isn't that less than Lunar: Dragon Song?

:lol

Lain

Seeing this thread bumped reminded me to go check if vgp finally had the limited edition up for preorder, and there it was.
Preordered it now.

Edgeward

Not digging the fade to black transitions, especially when in towns. They just take a smidge too long.

And I want to run, but there is no running. =(

Localization seems in fine, especially when they meet the White Dragon. No idea if it's anything different from the WD in general, as I haven't played in a day and forever though, so I can't compare. Looks real nice though.

Bad choice for Nall's VA, though. Doesn't fit at all.

Sophia

Edgeward said:
And I want to run, but there is no running. =(

Yes there is. Hold R.

Now if only I could figure out how to break the chunks of ice in the cave... I have the ring, and I did it before... somehow. :lol

EDIT; You have to use the Sasquatches to break them? What the hell? I never would have figured that out given it's the Flame Ring that does it in the original. x.X

Kishgal

Banned
Marrshu said:
Yes there is. Hold R.

Now if only I could figure out how to break the chunks of ice in the cave... I have the ring, and I did it before... somehow. :lol

EDIT; You have to use the Sasquatches to break them? What the hell? I never would have figured that out given it's the Flame Ring that does it in the original. x.X
I thought that's how you had to do it in the PS1 remake, too?

GhaleonQ

Judging solely by the clips on the American website (my PSP's at home), I don't hear any problems with Nall. He should be more obnoxious, I guess. Almost everyone else is good.

Unfortunately, my 2 favorite characters might not work. Ghaleon's very "generic elegant JRPG villian," but his sample line is from his Vane introduction. That's fine, but I hope the guy can sneer. Nash's SUUUUUUCKS. The off-key singing at Lyton is never going to work, even if his tone turns out okay in-game. Kyle's is much better, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLdfbBcCuMs *sniff*

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Edgeward said:
Not digging the fade to black transitions, especially when in towns. They just take a smidge too long.

I especially dislike how the music fades with every screen transition.

Tamanon

Banned
2DMention said:
It got pushed back? It used to be the 2nd.

Gives me more time to play through DQVII for the 2nd time in 8 years.

I pre-ordered the LE too.

Man, they are REALLY trying to recapture the WD magic.

Marrshu said:
Yes there is. Hold R.

that's how you did it in ps1 version. but in that version. they have a preemptive jump and the run towards you. this one you have to get close and they come dashing at you. very annoying.

and the new animation just slows the game down. i don't really want to see all the flashy moves before skills that goes into a black screen and shit.

But i do love ramus look away slicing enemy animation :lol.

zeelman

Bog said:
Not digging these new voices.

Yeah, I am not pleased with them, either. It's not that they are bad (though Nash's voices is terrible), it's just I have heard them all before. Alex is voiced by freaking Yuri Lowenthal, and Luna sounds just like Estelle from Tales of Vesperia (Hynden Walch). Then I went to the game's website, where they have voice clips for many of the important characters, and Jessica is voiced by Michelle Ruff, and she sounds just like Rita.

bengraven

Hcoregamer00 said:

LUNAR 1 and 2 were great moments from my growing up, it's a shame the company keeps fucking the series up.

Just tried the demo and enjoyed it quite a bit. I never played the original, so the changes don't affect me. Not sure whether to pick this up day/week one yet though, even though I will be buying it. If I've made decent progress in White Knight Chronicles then I'll probably buy it day one (assuming it's released on the 23rd). Although I wanna be clear of RPGs by the time FF XIII comes out :p

Yes Boss!

Has a PSN release been confirmed yet? I'm trying to decide between a preorder for UMD Limited Edition or to go with a download for the Go.

Top Bottom