• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 demo - 11/27/2012 (JAP PSN)

Koralsky

Ok, this is the recent message from the official Facebook page, translated with bing:

"Ryu GA gotoku 5 dreams come true and who" of "trial version" 11/27/2012 than "PlayStation ® Store" will be delivered and charged.
It is possible to play the part of Yong Zhou city, kiryu Kazuma appears as a main character in this "trial" story with this film debut stage.

Is located just a few in the game story new ケンカバトル revamped from the basic parts of towns is crafted with attention to detail such as that "Ryu GA gotoku 5 dreams come true and who" of and can experience part of the game volume and quality with the contents. Ahead of its soft launch, please experience on this occasion.

Personally, I can't wait

There's also a screen from the demo (I think):

574509_304444752999898_1701656425_n.jpg

Edit:

less mechanical translation, thanks to perorist":

'Ryu ga gotoku 5: one who fulfills dreams' demo will be distributed via Playstation Network on November 27th 2012.

Kazuma Kiryu will appear as the main character in the demo and players will be able to explore part of a new location debuting for the first time - Nagashuu, Fukuoka.

Features such as the new battle system which has been revamped from the basics and the town which has been built in detail are only a mere part of this title, but Ryu ga Gotoku 5: one who fullfills dreams' quality and volume can be experienced from these contents.

Please take this opportunity to experience it before the game releases.

Tizoc

Yakuza demos haven't always been good or give a good idea of how the game plays.
...and I'm normally optimistic but I worry that this'll suffer the same issues like the previous demoes.

BTW is it OK to post something that is Kiryu related but not exactly Yakuza related?

Blizzje

Great news about the Yakuza 5 demo. Will download! Hopefully it will include mixed gameplay - battle scenes, some minigames and story setup would be great.

Still debating if I should import the Yakuza HD Collection. I'm a huge fan of the series so I want to own everything Yakuza related, but I'm still hoping for a western release of it. It's getting more and more unlikely though, haven't heard anything from Sega about it.

I was hoping this would happen, I can't wait to give it a try as this game is my most anticipated game of the year. I wonder which character you will get to use in the demo? Kiryu or Akiyama I'm guessing, I'm also kinda hoping they have a battle demo like in Yakuza 4 where you can try all 5 characters out.

Koralsky

I wonder which character you will get to use in the demo? Kiryu or Akiyama I'm guessing, I'm also kinda hoping they have a battle demo like in Yakuza 4 where you can try all 5 characters out.

"It is possible to play the part of Yong Zhou city, Kiryu Kazuma appears as a main character in this "trial" story with this film debut stage."

Oh god yes! Will make the wait for the full game a bit easier. Playing through the HD collection at the minute too. Truly, this is the age of Ryu ga Gotoku.

Yesterday I got my copy of 1 & 2 HD and today this news. Tomorrow localisation news perhaps...? (Not that I'm not importing 5... it's a tradition to own every main entry twice)

Fingers crossed.

I want this localized really bad :(

If Yakuza 3 can get localised, with all those odds stacked against it, then I don't see why this won't. It just doesn't make sense for Sega to deny the West a mainline title when the four before it all got released here.

But I'm an optimist.

Great news about the Yakuza 5 demo. Will download! Hopefully it will include mixed gameplay - battle scenes, some minigames and story setup would be great.

Still debating if I should import the Yakuza HD Collection. I'm a huge fan of the series so I want to own everything Yakuza related, but I'm still hoping for a western release of it. It's getting more and more unlikely though, haven't heard anything from Sega about it.

If you are a huge fan like me, import it. It got a nice package design and if it gets a western release it's most likely digital only. Plus it's not that expensive to import. And you can always buy it again if it gets localised

Ravage

If you are a huge fan like me, import it. It got a nice package design and if it gets a western release it's most likely digital only. Plus it's not that expensive to import. And you can always buy it again if it gets localised

Yep i think i'm gonna import this time.

I'm a pessimist ;(

Jubern

While 3 and Dead's demos weren't so hot, 4 was perfect to hype you for the final game. I hope this one is of similar quality!

(Note that I am *not* talking about the demo we got in the west for 4, which just had a couple of battles. Japan had a demo that was basically the first hour of the game - a strong start as people who played the game can probably agree with)

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Looked at their facebook, a less mechanical translation for the OP if you want it

'Ryu ga gotoku 5: one who fulfills dreams' demo will be distributed via Playstation Network on November 27th 2012.

Kazuma Kiryu will appear as the main character in the demo and players will be able to explore part of a new location debuting for the first time - Nagashuu, Fukuoka.

Features such as the new battle system which has been revamped from the basics and the town which has been built in detail are only a mere part of this title, but Ryu ga Gotoku 5: one who fullfills dreams' quality and volume can be experienced from these contents.

Please take this opportunity to experience it before the game releases.

web01

There has been tons of screens and videos released for this game in the last month, surprised no one has been posting them on Neogaf. Best places to find them are "ryuofficial" youtube chanel and yakuzafan.com. The latest walkthrough videos have shown a ton of gameplay.

Persona86

Banned
Yakuza Demos are never good enough to show what the games are REALLY like, but I'm excited!!

Edit: Beaten
Yakuza demos haven't always been good or give a good idea of how the game plays.
...and I'm normally optimistic but I worry that this'll suffer the same issues like the previous demoes.

Persona86

Banned

Usually Sega announces Yakuza titles for the west quite a few months AFTER they release in Japan, so I wouldn't give up yet.

Persona86

Banned
There has been tons of screens and videos released for this game in the last month, surprised no one has been posting them on Neogaf. Best places to find them are "ryuofficial" youtube chanel and yakuzafan.com. The latest walkthrough videos have shown a ton of gameplay.

I've posted a few posts about them, seems like nobody cares. I guess people just want an announcement and less teases now haha.

Edit: oops triple post.

Top Bottom