• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 FREE on PS Plus EU

Bl@de

Nice. Last game on my PS3 wishlist. Only have to finish 4 now :p Still in the first part of that game.

MarionCB

This must be a replacement for Fat Princess. They wouldn't have put it in the PS+ section otherwise. Pretty damn good substitution!

The store page shows it as free for PS Plus members for me but when I try to check out it shows up as costing 39,99€.

They probably noticed it already. Bummer :(

EDIT: German store.

Wasn't this once a free game for PS Plus members some time last year?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Fuuuuuuuuck it was fixed while in my cart :(
Thank god I noticed before I got hit by €39.99 on my cc

Fucking PS3 updates made the whole thing super slow... sob
Grats for whoever got it! Can't bear to fork out €40 for a PS3 digital-only release at this point and with no BC on sight (or ever, really) on ps4

Did they just revoke all the purchases of this month's PS Plus games? Because while I already owned Yakuza 5 and Oreshika, I did just "buy" the others and now they show up as purchasable/"Free" again and are no longer in my download list.

Makikou

Did they just revoke all the purchases of this month's PS Plus games? Because while I already owned Yakuza 5 and Oreshika, I did just "buy" the others and now they show up as purchasable/"Free" again and are no longer in my download list.

tLRg

Still shows for me.

Chopper

Yakuza no longer appears in the Monthly Games section.

So I searched for Fat Princess. And the Vita version appears to be free! Is that normal?

Amon-Lau

I missed out on it by a few seconds, still shows it as free but once you go to check out it's full price... xD;

SenkiDala

Damn people in here are like vultures. Renewing PS+ just to take advantage of a pricing error.

Yeah, because PS+ is free right? So it's like stealing, right?

Seriously...

The truth is that SEGA will receive probably more money from this PS+ deal with Sony than letting the game at the usual price, since nobody is buying it...

It was in the PS+ section at the time.

By mistake, which people knew.

Yeah, because PS+ is free right? So it's like stealing, right?

Seriously...

The truth is that SEGA will receive probably more money from this PS+ deal with Sony than letting the game at the usual price, since nobody is buying it...

No they won't, it was a mistake. Sega won't get any money from it and Sony will probably revoke it. It's just sad to see people jumping overthemselves to take advantage of a pricing error.

Kouriozan

No they won't, it was a mistake. Sega won't get any money from it and Sony will probably revoke it. It's just sad to see people jumping overthemselves to take advantage of a pricing error.

That's probably what happen when the PS+ offering has been poor for several months in a row.

SenkiDala

By mistake, which people knew.

Well I'm on PS+ since 4 years, I see a game as "FREE PS+" I download it...
I mean it's written as FREE on PS+, they even give FREE for PS+ Yakuza 5 avatar... But it's an error? At most, it's just that they pushed the button too early and it was supposed to be next month, they wouldn't press the "wrong button" on Yakuza 5 the game + Yakuza 5 the free avatar... Also they gave Yakuza 4 a while ago, giving the 5th wouldn't be surprising.

And devs are paid for games "given" on the PS+, there's a deal between Sony and games publishers.

Anyway the game is still downloading on my PS3.

Top Bottom