• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo, These "Girls X Battle" Ads Gotta Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
Don't admit to using ad blocker on GAF. It's an instant ban.

Fair enough (I didn't, and I don't) but it's one thing to block all advertising (which is bad) and another to strategically block malicious ads and spyware from ever touching your system.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It is not, people oversell how bad this is. Just don't brag about it and be civil when discussing it

Nope. You are wrong. I've seen quite a few folks that have admitted to using ad-blocker on GAF and they were banned instantly.

MrNelson

Banned
That's because somebody in your office is watching anime on your company's internet.
I watch anime at home on occasion and have never seen any of these ads here. And considering I see ads for things in cities I haven't been to in several months, I'm pretty sure I watch it regularly enough for it to pick up on it if it was actually watching.

Beartruck

I used to get those ads a lot, luckily now I just get ads for delicious cheese wheels my local grocer's selling. Much more preferable.

HotHamBoy

Wow, just got this one 3 pages in a row:

This is hilarious.

That said I feel like the ads that show up here are semi random almost. I feel like I recall seeing pro-Trump ads on GAF of all places before. That's worse than anything in the OP.

Regiruler

I haven't been getting anything other than the first one.

I've also been getting some ninja girl ads or whatever and they're also tasteless, but not nearly as bad. I assumed they were related.

ads are based on your browsing history, so... y'know...
I feel like this is true to an extent. I've gotten your typical amazon ads advertising things that I've looked at on the site but I get plenty of shit that I have no interest in. I've never looked up cars, insurance or finding an Arabic girlfriend but lol and behold I get those ads. I get the girls x ads on my phone but I never get them on my desktop I watch anime and read manga every so often so I'm guessing that's the reason.

bengraven

I don't get these ads (edit to remove "ass").

My browser just gives me 90% Amazon ads and the other 10% whatever store I visited recently. I just get whatever I recently put on my wishlist or viewed on Sideshow shoved down my throat.

Yes yes I will eventually buy that that Magneto POP, I know it's just 7.50 now, I know this already because I just put it on my wishlist five minutes ago along with the Spider-Man you're also showing...

guek

Banned
I've reported these ads before but to no avail. I was actually considering making this same thread earlier today, thanks for going through with it, OP 😛

L Thammy

inflatablewomanwnur6.gif

I didn't know these ads are on NeoGAF (I'm seeing the Split/Second one right now). But I have Human Japanese + Intermediate and some JRPGs on my phone, and all I see on the Play Store are waifu games, including this one. Those are tailored right? I shudder to imagine what Google thinks of me.

Also, one of those games has clearly stolen art from a hentai game and just changed the character's hair colour. Forgetting what the mobile game was, but the image they stole was Susume from Sengoku Rance. I think this was the image they used:

4758-20535315oiuej.jpg

Takuan

Honestly, I'd take these over that Split Second ad. At least these don't slow down my browser on mobile.

Maybe I should start hitting up 4chan.

Zubz

Banned
I'm not even sure why my mobile browser history would be a match for this stuff, but now I'm afraid some of my friends think I might be a creep because I don't know if they saw that ad when I was browsing GAF.

L Thammy

I checked GAF on my phone and all I got were credit scores, yogurt, and Split/Second. I don't know if that's good or bad.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I keep getting ads for Split/Second saying "out now"

That game came out forever ago lol

Weirdly enough I get a combo of the creepy anime girl ads and yaoi mangas. While the yaoi images are nice, Google needs to take a fucking hint I don't want to see creepy anime ads.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Exposing what looks like a child's underwear, what the fuck?
You've got it all wrong, she's actually a 1,000 year old dragon, so it's ok.

Eumi

I used to get a lot of ads for yaoi, but I haven't seen these.

Or I guess I have now. Thanks thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom