• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think. Did this Miss Martian thing or something like it happen in the comics?

As in being a white martian?
Yep (link can be a spoiler of sorts since the timeline used in the series could be similar, but there have been some differences already).

I assume it was for the people who didn't know. Hell probably one of the best things about Miss Martian is that she really isn't that well known by people who don't read the comics so they can actually do shit like this and actually make it a surprise.

i think the question came up at a place like comic con so that reasoning wouldn't work as well.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
As in being a white martian?
Yep (link can be a spoiler of sorts since the timeline used in the series could be similar, but there have been some differences already).

if they do a
white martian
invasion angle, and dont include vulcan in some form, ill be dissapointed.

the fact that he and miss martian hadnt met before the new 52 is a shame in itself.

'Young Justice' First Look: Preview Season 2's Big 'Invasion'

Bunch of cameos toward the end of the clip.

of course, spoilers and such. Big spoilers.

The biggest spoilers are in the last 25sec imo, everything else looks like stuff that will be airing in these final season 1 eps

if they do a
white martian
invasion angle, and dont include vulcan in some form, ill be dissapointed.

the fact that he and miss martian hadnt met before the new 52 is a shame in itself.

Would be interesting to see

Welp I saw someone I didn't even imagine to show. Hype!

yea i was like "is that
Lobo? oh hell yea"

SykoTech

Augh. Must...resist.....spoilers.

What's the verdict on this show? Is it worth watching through it if I'm a semi-fan of the DC universe (i.e. I enjoyed Teen Titans, Justice League, and the Batman TAS/Beyond)?

It's really great. I enjoyed all the shows you listed and am liking Young Justice a lot.

Definitely worth watching.

Poyunch

Series just got really serious. I like it.
Wait, so the little boy was Beast Boy?
I thought he and Dick were like the same age.

Well his origins are already different. I mean he didn't get his powers in the comics from Martian transfusion. Although I love the callback with the monkey biting him when they show he's changed.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wait they're going straight into season two next month?!

...why the heck did they put a break in the first season at all then?
KuGsj.gif

Poyunch

Son of a bitch... I think the mole is
Miss Martian

In the most recent episode, putting Robin was put in charge because Aqualad was busy. While they specifically point that out they don't mention at all the lack of Artemis or Zatanna.

Keeping out Artemis and Zatanna would be weird since you'd think more teamwork exercises would help and having the two on their own mission seems a bit weird with a combination of a "normie" and a magical user (without a leader figure too).

If you look at it chronologically it makes sense that this episode occurs very early in the show and Zatanna hasn't joined yet.

As a base, I'll focus on Queen Bee and Psimon. They say they mention that they've dealt with two before. This was episode 9, Bereft. Zatanna wasn't introduce until episode 15, Humanity, and didn't officially join until episode 19, Misplaced. After episode 9 we move to episode 10, Targets. This is where we find out someone on the team could be a mole.

So we have the Young Justice team dealing with Psimon -> Red Arrow overhearing Sportsmaster talk about a mole -> Zatanna joining the team. So without any conflict, it would be extremely easy to put episode 21, Image, before the episode where a mole is revealed to be present.

The ending of the episode really makes it obvious that Queen Bee wants to use Miss Martian and seeing as QB is a member of The Light it could make sense that she's blackmaling MM to be the mole.

My theory seemed much more sound when I thought that Artemis also hadn't joined the group yet before the amnesia episode but then I remembered she was. Still it works. And from the wikipedia quote of episode 25 it makes more sense that the mole is Miss Martian instead of the typical theories, that even the show is pushing, with the mole being either Artemis or Superboy.

edit: Aww butts. It made so much more sense until I also remembered the fact that these episodes are "dated". It happens in November waaay past the other stuff. Boourns.

abundant

Wait they're going straight into season two next month?!

...why the heck did they put a break in the first season at all then?
KuGsj.gif

It's because they aired the first season too early. Not enough episodes were finished when it premiered. Season 1 should of started in September, not January.

It's because they aired the first season too early. Not enough episodes were finished when it premiered. Season 1 should of started in September, not January.

I think he means the hiatus from December to March, Greg said season 1 had already finished in November, there was basically no reason for that second hiatus. That is why all these episodes already aired in other countries, they were supposed to air on CN first. Guess CN just wanted to continue this when DC nation premiered

Mononofu

More invasion spoilers

WonderCon 2012: DC NATION Animation Panel LIVE!

Now they're moving on to Young Justice, which makes fans here excited.
8:38
Reel shows Captain Marvel (Shazam), Zatanna, Vandal Savage and lots more.
8:38
And the "Flying Graysons."
8:40
Real quick cuts towards the end, but looked like quick glimpses of Lobo and Blue Blue Beetle.
8:40
"What is Young Justice Invasion"? Vietti says they're doing a big, long story of aliens invading the Earth, and confirms the presence of Lobo.

8:41
Vietti says viewers will recognize at least nine different alien races from the DC Universe.
8:41
Vietti says the "dam is bursting wide open" in the second season, including an away message to Rann.

8:42
Vietti says Blue Beetle will have a pretty big role, but didn't go into detail. Lagoon Boy is also in the second season.
8:43
Young Justice is introducing 62 new characters in season two, for a total of 241.
8:44
Weisman says the Justice League won't be able to help Young Justice in season two as much as they did in season one.

8:45
"The first season was all about kids vs. adults," Vietti says. "We're trying to do something a little different in the second season."
8:47
"Season two is really intense," Weisman says, adding that there are really no one-off episodes. He calls it a 20-chapter novel.
8:47
Fan Q&A: Kyle Rayner or Guy Gardner in the Green Lantern series? Krieg says we'll see "some characters like them."

8:48
More weapon testing shorts in the future? Jones says yes, plus more Plastic Man shorts coming.

8:48
I've written the word "shorts" so many times that it no longer looks like a real word. Or a type of pant.

8:49
Possibility of Pied Piper in Young Justice? "It's all possible," Weisman says.

8:51
Weisman says Wally West has a good relationship with his father because they wanted at least one kid that had something of a normal life. Weisman points out that the original incarnation of the character had a similar background.

8:53
Fan suggests Booster Gold PSAs. "The nice thing about the shorts is, because we're doing so many, and they're so short, there's definitely a possibility to do something like that."

8:53
Faust tells a fan that doing shorts is "just a little easier" than the full-length episodes of shows like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

8:54
Chance of seeing the Justice Society? Weisman points out that Jay Garrick, Dr. Fate and Red Tornado have already been in the series, and states that Jay Garrick has a much larger role in season two.

8:56
Chance of an animated Blackest Night? "I have ideas on how to do it," Volpe says. "That all depends on if the show is a hit, and if we make more of them. I'd love to do it."

8:57
Any chance of Ted Kord or Booster Gold in Young Justice, to mentor Blue Beetle? Weisman says "Jaime has mentor issues."

8:58
Any chance the shorts could stretch out to their own series, to make the block longer than an hour? "Let's hope so, absolutely," Girardi replies.

8:59
Last question: Wonder Girl in Young Justice? Weisman says there's a great chance to see pretty much any character in the DC Universe on the show.

8:59
"We've got more characters coming in season two, and some of them will be added to the team, some will not, some will be added to the team and not make the cut," Weisman continues.

9:00
That's it! Thanks for reading Newsarama's WonderCon coverage, and there will be much more coming tomorrow!

abundant

I think he means the hiatus from December to March, Greg said season 1 had already finished in November, there was basically no reason for that second hiatus. That is why all these episodes already aired in other countries, they were supposed to air on CN first. Guess CN just wanted to continue this when DC nation premiered

The second hiatus was the typical Winter Break everyone takes. Some shows go on break for a few weeks, some a few months. And DC Nation starting in March is why Young Justice's break was a few months. Disney did the same thing with Avengers season 2, they delayed it until April so they can pair it with Ultimate Spiderman for a 1 hour Marvel block.

Mononofu

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37640

The "Young Justice" preview reel came next, and it was clearly the show most attendees were excited about. Glimpses of Zatanna, Vandal Savage, Arsenal and Blue Beetle (the Jaime Reyes version) drew the biggest applause in the preview, which ended with the ominous title "Young Justice: Invasion."

Does this confirm
Red Arrow becomes Arsenal?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Two things about those spoilers, more adam strange is always a good thing, and for the love of god please don't let teen titans get another series. The ship has sailed.

shira

***MAJOR SEASON 1&2 SPOILERS***
Read at your own risk.

SHIPPER
New Year's Eve Kisses
aqualad + rocket
robin + zatanna
kid flash + artemis
superboy + m'gann

Does this confirm Red Arrow becomes
Arsenal?

Technically, no
Ep 26 ends with the Light at Cadmus with the original Roy Harper in stasis (like Bizzaro) with no right arm, so Speedy becomes Aresnal. In a pretty brutal scene they actually kill all the Cadmus scientists and genomorphs.

Red arrow is actually a Speedy clone - Ep 25

holy fuckballs that invasion image is cool.

edit:

regarding the mole:
im thinking its kaldur, notice he's wearing the black manta outfit now

double edit, oh wait that was addressed last page haha.

Wow the mole reveal is pretty freaking good. Did not see that one coming.
..............................red arrow..........................

shira

Mole spoilers:
Red Arrow isn't really on the team, how could he be the mole.

Well in ep25/26 Vandal Savage directly tells him he is the mole after he infects Batman. Red Arrow actually joins the team as a prerequisite to getting into the Justice League - so technically he was on the team - but in the Battle Royale finale you see how is definitely the mole for the Light.

2th

Banned
***MAJOR SEASON 1 SPOILERS***
Read at your own risk.

SHIPPER
New Year's Eve Kisses
aqualad + rocket
robin + zatanna
kid flash + artemis
superboy + m'gann

Technically, no
Ep 26 ends with the Light at Cadmus with the original Roy Harper in stasis (like Bizzaro) with no right arm, so Speedy becomes Aresnal. In a pretty brutal scene they actually kill all the Cadmus scientists and genomorphs.

Red arrow is actually a Speedy clone - Ep 25

Wow the mole reveal is pretty freaking good. Did not see that one coming.
..............................red arrow..........................

where have you seen these episodes?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Re: how good is the show,

It's hard for anything to top Batman TAS in one-off episodes, TAS was largely not arc based. Each script was a superb self contained story.

I do feel that Young Justice is doing the best job, hands down, of being an overall "DC Universe" show. I kinda suspect that some involved, like Greg Weisman, are using the it as a platform to really build an inclusive new animated DC universe. The fact that it focuses on a particular team of youngsters is just a conceit. It's about much more than another Teen Titans variation.

So yeah, I'm really enjoying it a lot, do think it's very high quality. What it lacks in granular quality it makes up for in sheer scope and the sense of a living, breathing three dimensional DC universe.

shira

where have you seen these episodes?

GAF Gold - password nickpress

Oh and the final cliffhanger in Ep 26
The original 6 from Justice League/Unlimited were gone for 16 unaccounted hours under the control of the Light

Slayven

YJ is the first time I enjoyed Batman in a long time. But I hated they stuck with the Lex daddy shit, it was terrible in the comics and horrible animated. Did enjoy the Superboy Prime/Bizarro nod. And chuckled when WW said she was interested in Icon.

Top Bottom