• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Favourite Female Character Designs in Gaming?

Loz246789

latest

Estelle - Trails In The Sky

Yaaasss queen!... Uh, I mean, I too like Estelle's design.

There are a bunch of great mentions in this thread... and some not so great mentions, but I've always had a soft spot for Edea from Bravely Default:
maxresdefault.jpg

ChryZ

Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn)

nBGyCqs.png

Moira Burton (Resident Evil: Revelations 2)

dRT9EV3.png

Kat (Gravity Rush)

3srurNT.png

Faith (Mirror's Edge)

8dk42yY.jpg

Frisk (Undertale)

jdb41Tl.png

Lillet Blan (GrimGrimoire)

FSK0Fj7.jpg

Arle Nadja (PuyoPuyo, Madou Monogatari)

Q6PnwHy.jpg

bunkitz

Hah, this is gonna be a pretty long post. Well, in no particular order, here's my list:

From Persona 5, Ann and Makoto's winter uniforms, as well as Panther, Queen, and Oracle:

Aloy, or more specifically Aloy in her Nora Brave outfit, from Horizon Zero Dawn: (she's got a whole bunch of other cool designs too, though, such as the Shadow Carja outfit)

Quiet, in her XOF uniform, from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain:

Tali'Zorah vas Normandy, from the Mass Effect trilogy:

Chun-Li's default outfit is alright, but this design is simply breathtaking:

I never even got past halfway through Bloodborne, but I love Lady Maria and The Doll's designs:

A whole bunch of skins from Overwatch, but among these, my favorite is definitely still Ana's Shrike:

From the Tales of (Abyss, Xillia, and Zestiria, respectively) series, Tear Grants, Milla Maxwell, and Alisha Diphda:

Okatsu from Nioh:

2B and A2 (short hair > long hair) from NieR: Automata:

And lastly, Ciri, Yennefer, Triss, and Syanna, from The Witcher 3: (although, I do prefer Triss' outfit from The Witcher 2... but this one's cool too)

Oh, and Claire Redfield from the Resident Evil series, before they ruined her look in Revelations:

gforguava

I can't believe I forgot original Mirror's Edge Faith. It is insane how the sequel completely ruined her look, they took her design and just removed all the simplicity and practicality out of it.

Jennipeg

Ashe - Final Fantasy XII

There is a very obvious issue with this design, but I still love it despite the ridiculous mini skirt. I know she has shorts underneath but still..... it would be perfect if she was wearing proper shorts, or trousers. I absolutely love everything else, especially the musketeer like boots/shoes.

1upsuper

Ashe - Final Fantasy XII

There is a very obvious issue with this design, but I still love it despite the ridiculous mini skirt. I know she has shorts underneath but still..... it would be perfect if she was wearing proper shorts, or trousers. I absolutely love everything else, especially the musketeer like boots/shoes.
I don't usually like to question posts in these sorts of threads but this...I don't even know what I'm looking at in terms of her clothes. What are those knee guards? Are those...bits of bellbottoms below her leg guards? Is that half a corset underneath her jacket...thing?

Jennipeg

I don't usually like to question posts in these sorts of threads but this...I don't even know what I'm looking at in terms of her clothes. What are those knee guards? Are those...bits of bellbottoms below her leg guards? Is that half a corset underneath her jacket...thing?

lol, I know, its one of the ones I shouldn't like but I do. A mystery!

The blue bellbottom part, is the top of her boots. This is her in game

FFXII-TZA-OST-Vids_05-25-17.jpg

cc3c48f195adef58c5b15b728bb4fcbc--final-fantasy-xii-fan-girl.jpg

I have no excuse lol.

Herne

A few of my favourites have been posted already (Yennefer, Triss, Cate Archer, etc), so I'll skip them. Here are a few others -

anna_henrietta_and_geralt_by_vollhov-da6ftcp.png

Anna Henrietta, Duchess of Toussaint (The Witcher 3 - Blood & Wine)

03852ed5c50e15e84c082fc69df785bc.jpg

Inquisitor Ellana Lavellan (Dragon Age Inquisition)

Cass5.png

Cassandra Pentaghast (Dragon Age Inquisition)

daa44360cb6fc838de58fafb6068ab7c.jpg

Elaena Glenmore (Game of Thrones)

a0194608c1d90948347ac316d79edc87.png

Gwyn Whitehill (Game of Thrones)

bb01b2b5989536ef83d7b3041d2d9b24.png

Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)

Macka

Aside from the obvious ones - Samus, Faith, Aloy.

Lyn from Fire Emblem. I know her dress is pretty leggy, but it never felt pandering imo, and even made a degree of sense given how ridiculously acrobatic her combat style is. It also does a good job of setting her apart from the rest of cast and their more medieval designs, which is fitting given her nomadic origin.

They totally ruined it in Fire Emblem Awakening and Heroes though.

More recently, I really enjoy the design of Celica in Fire Emblem: Echoes

3dcjNCF.png

Li Xiangfei (Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 and KoF99/01) is a long time favorite of mine and I would wish SNK would put her into newer games again. She might not look that special in artwork, but her animation and movement was so full of energy and fun.

Tl3Jk0s.jpg

Also, Mila (Dead or Alive 5) was the only new female character in DoA5 whom I truly enjoyed both as a character and in gameplay. For me, she was the right combination of cool, strong, sexy (the latter is, of course, a trope in Dead or Alive 5, but Mila is one of the few where I felt it didn't appear forced or overdone). The others female newcomers were OKish (Ninja Gaiden characters) to outright annoying.

trO5um5.png

Shout out to fellow Jet Set Radio fans, they had some rad character designs. And I am also enjoying Aloy in Horizon a lot more than I thought I would.

Have to pick aloy, too
I'm into redheads as of late

natural beauty is just the best.
New Lara Croft is hot, too

Thid place goes to D.Va's anniversary comstume

SOLDIER

This thread also lists several Xenogears ladies but not the best one by far:

xenogearsemeralda.jpg

Green hair, a scarf, and an exposed midriff. It's maybe my favorite female character design of all time.

Turin

Banned
8 pages and not a single mention from anyone:

tifa_1280_1024-794754.jpg

finalfantasyviiadventchildren-02.png

Seriously, how does Rinoa get mentioned first? How?

Well, one of them is a fetishistic bar wench design in a series that's come under fire recently with FFXV's disappointing representation.

The other is a knock off of Rinoa's wardrobe. I think Tifa wears it better with her more aggressive style but Rinoa did it first.

In before Wazzy turns me into a human totem pole.

Mephala

I've always had a soft spot for Edea from Bravely Default:
maxresdefault.jpg

I never really noticed this until seeing that massive pic but she kind of reminds me of Ozma from Tactics Ogre.
latest

latest

Ozma even has an attack where she throws verbal abuse at people. Very much like "Mgrggrgrgr!"

Speaking of Tactics Ogre though... There are a lot of characters and designs that I really like. Even the base class ones are pretty great.

And one more of Ravness with Agrias from FFT.
14588117_m.jpg

Jennipeg

Well, one of them is a fetishistic bar wench design in a series that's come under fire recently with FFXV's disappointing representation.

The other is a knock off of Rinoa's wardrobe. I think Tifa wears it better with her more aggressive style but Rinoa did it first.

In before Wazzy turns me into a human totem pole.

I wouldn't have put it that way lol, but I don't find Tifa's design particularly memorable, apart from her chest I suppose, but even back then, at 12 years old, I couldn't believe they designed her that way.

Speaking of Edea, i love the Witches design in Final Fantasy VIII, especially Edea and Adele:

I'm so annoyed with myself for forgetting Edea, one of my favourite designs in gaming.

Top Bottom