• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Halloween Costume Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Roderton

Karish said:
Right now I am thinking:

81-1_1_3.jpg

+

transformers1_800w.jpg

Fuck yeah, do this.

suoodS

Scuba Steve said:
br0ken_shad0w said:

Fucking love these! I need some idea's for things that light up being that I'm in the rave scene alot (and going to a Halloween rave).

I'm lazy and was just going to combine these two:
http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/pmg-hells-reaper/
http://www.beatdropscloset.com/Midnight-MultiColored-LED-Glove-Set-p/mid-mit.htm

BUT, if you guys could help me be more original/creative I'd appreciate it lol.

Also shad0w, could you take a pic of that with the lights on? Curious what it actually looks like.

Dali

Gila said:
Posted this on another thread, but I wanna make this and do it

47_thumb.jpg
No matter how I look at this it's awesome as hell. Would be better if the words were left out that way you'd have the option of randomly blurting out "challenge accepted" rather than being tied to "fuck yeah".

Noez said:
Fucking love these! I need some idea's for things that light up being that I'm in the rave scene alot (and going to a Halloween rave).

I'm lazy and was just going to combine these two:
http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/pmg-hells-reaper/
http://www.beatdropscloset.com/Midnight-MultiColored-LED-Glove-Set-p/mid-mit.htm

BUT, if you guys could help me be more original/creative I'd appreciate it lol.

Also shad0w, could you take a pic of that with the lights on? Curious what it actually looks like.

I'll take a pic later, but it's basically a motorcycle helmet + EL wire + programmable LED matrix.

If you've got a bit of cash, EL wire and/or EL tape. You can pretty much make any design using those. It just tends to get expensive if you're going to use a lot. Also glow-sticks, chicks love glow sticks.

Gila said:
Posted this on another thread, but I wanna make this and do it

47_thumb.jpg

I love these, but I hate using internet memes if most of your friends don't even know what they are.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm going to dress in black and tape a lot of stuffed little yellow baby chickens to me.

I will be a chick magnet.

Putting in the finishing touches for my helmet. Animated for your convenience: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW_w9mNkVBw
I couldn't show off the rest of the animations (like the space invaders one). I've set it at random and I'm too tired to change it.

Still got some work to do with my jacket though. Gotta sew the EL wire in with fishing line, but it was actually easier than I thought it was going to be.

Jeramii

Banned
judhudson said:
6231087092_4dce284b5d_b.jpg

Picked up the cowboy hat up in Nashville...Originally got it for my 11th Doctor setup (series 6 look) but I think I'm going to make it a part of my Ghostbusters uniform as well.

Zombieland Rule #32 - Enjoy the Little Things.

that's a big twinkie

mcrae

any suggestions for a guy/girl combo that is relatively easy to do? need something to dress up as theme-stlye with my co-worker, bartending, 1 week from today. neither of us has a clue. gotta be something you can work in, last year i went as a army guy (just wore camno+facepaint) laaaaaaaaaaaaame

Bazhard

Banned
Going as a gentleman stormtrooper

I have a white tux, black tie, top hat, stormtrooper helmet, monocle and a fake gentleman mustache.

J-Roderton

I've decided I'm going to go as the most intersting man in the world, ya know from the Dos Equis ads. The thing is, I have all of the clothes and stuff I need but I need to figure out a way to pepper my beard and hair with the gray. I mean, I don't want to straight up dye that shit. Any suggestions?

Jroderton said:
I've decided I'm going to go as the most intersting man in the world, ya know from the Dos Equis ads. The thing is, I have all of the clothes and stuff I need but I need to figure out a way to pepper my beard and hair with the gray. I mean, I don't want to straight up dye that shit. Any suggestions?

I hear you can powder your hair with flour but it it gets wet it could go bad. Also I'm sure you could get grey/white non-permanent hair spray somewhere.

J-Roderton

Starfish_Oxide said:
I hear you can powder your hair with flour but it it gets wet it could go bad. Also I'm sure you could get grey/white non-permanent hair spray somewhere.

I read about some guy doing the powder thing and it became this huge mess. With my past halloween nights that I have gone out it has poured rain. Seems like it always does, so that could be disastrous. I forgot about the spray stuff. I'm sure some place has to be selling something like that this time of year. That should work, I would think.

Bazhard

Banned
Jroderton said:
They sell that pray on shit that washes out, i did it to turn my hair green one year and washed right out.

Just spray it onto something and dab it with a q-tip or something, that shit can be found at like any store in october.

Count Dookkake said:
I wish I could come up with a costume for this one, but I only have the name so far.

Count Bakula.

years ago near halloween in The Onion they had a lifesize headshot of Scott Bakula with added-in vampire teeth that you were supposed to cut out and wear as a mask.

Ye gods, I've got this whole thing backwards. I tend to wear costumes all year round then forget about halloween.

I'm recycling this time around, I think. Earlier in the year I made a giant moustache that gets me ridiculous kudos everywhere I take it, and if I can get a sewing machine I'll be able to repair my Jorgen von Strangle outfit (the pants tore on Saturday morning as I was getting up from air mattress). The rest of my outfits are not exactly halloween proper.

After this month, I think I'm gonna go for a devo outfit (simple stuff: yellow coveralls, red 8-bit conical hat, black undershirt/boots/belt, maybe glasses). I'm mulling over getting some suspenders and a small burlap sack so's I can be a Dr. Salvador, but I'm not usually very happy with wearing things that cover my face. If I really have some time, I'll put together a dummy to attach behind me and give him a suite and a Silent face. Shitload of people in my friend groups would appreciate that one, even if it might take some work.

Chris R

This thread has some great ideas, hoping I can put something together at a thrift store / value village for under $10, because if not, fuck the "costume required" party I was invited to.

rhfb said:
This thread has some great ideas, hoping I can put something together at a thrift store / value village for under $10, because if not, fuck the "costume required" party I was invited to.
Here's what I did one year when I needed a super cheap last minute costume. I bought some gauze, medical tape, and fake blood. I put two drops of the fake blood on the gauze (enough to make it bleed through the gauze a bit) and taped it to my neck. Bam! Instant vampire victim.

I'm trying to convince my friends to do a SNL theme. So many options there.

Night at the Roxbury, Celebrity Jeopardy, etc.

My previous costumes include:
Inspector Gadget
Bill Lumbergh
Shaun (of the Dead)
Garth Algar (with my friend as Wayne)

I'll post pics when I get home.

SeanR1221

braves01 said:
I predict a ton of Steve Jobs costumes this year.

Which sucks, cause I was planning on being him before he died.

Have all the stuff for my costume too. Still going with it.

EDIT here's some pictures

photo1oid.jpg

photo2rab.jpg

Just have to pepper my hair.

mblitek

I'm in an electric wheelchair so I'm thinking of making the popemobile and being the pope or Stephen Hawking...but I'd need a laptop and some pre-recorded phrases to make fun of people.

CFMOORE!

mblitek said:
I'm in an electric wheelchair so I'm thinking of making the popemobile and being the pope or Stephen Hawking...but I'd need a laptop and some pre-recorded phrases to make fun of people.

stephen hawking would be cool with the computer voice, or be Hector from breaking bad!

mblitek said:

Just use Microsoft Sam. Alternatively: Davros.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
DemiMatt said:
this version:
217px-Damian_Wayne_as_Robin.jpg

Are you planning to make your own Robin costume or buy one? I've been charged with trying to find a good Robin costume for a friend, and can only find a female version locally and the ones on Amazon look awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom