• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube/Geoff Keighley hosting 12 hour E3 stream, [Up: Schedule]

Plum

So do the conferences have voice over commentary or not? YouTube streaming has always been the best so if all of them (including EA and Bethesda) are voice over free then I'll be in for sure.

Sounds like a nice lineup. Will I keep coming, perhaps?

bombshell

So do the conferences have voice over commentary or not? YouTube streaming has always been the best so if all of them (including EA and Bethesda) are voice over free then I'll be in for sure.

Sounds like a nice lineup. Will I keep coming, perhaps?

No voice overs, the way it should be.

JAy5T6P.gif

You know it!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Really? People are complaining this is self promotion?

It's one of the few relevant pre-E3 posts I've seen on the board.

Better than jacking off to cryptic "I know something you don't know" comments from so-called insiders...

Compsiox

Banned

Geoff is the host of the show hes promoting by making this thread

I have nothing against him but if you have a rule, enforce it.

Boem

Hey, it's smaller news but it's good to see Twisted Pixel in there. I was afraid they had gone under after being quiet for so long after they ended their relationship with Microsoft. Their games were never perfect but I always had a blast with them.

Thanks for all your hard work Geoff, will be watching again!

Last year, wasn't the youtube channel better quality than twitch, or was it the other way around? I know one of them had a 1-2 second delay and some dropoff while the other didn't, but don't remember which one now.

N° 2048

Last year, wasn't the youtube channel better quality than twitch, or was it the other way around? I know one of them had a 1-2 second delay and some dropoff while the other didn't, but don't remember which one now.

If I remember correctly Twitch gave me tons of trouble last year.
YouTube was so smooth.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst

YouTube consistently has better streams.

oti

Banned

wiibomb

wait wait, the schedule just shows monday and beyond, are you going to livestream the Bethesda Press conference? I guess EA is out of the question since they are not technically part of E3

N° 2048

wait wait, the schedule just shows monday and beyond, are you going to livestream the Bethesda Press conference? I guess EA is out of the question since they are not technically part of E3

My bad on Mass Effect, will fix.

Sunday there will be streams on Youtube.com/E3 of EA and Bethesda and Rooster Teeth commentary I believe. No big stage show. Not enough content to fill two days.

:)

Gurish

Doesn't make it any better though. It's not a big deal but I think it's still wrong to make exceptions.

Can you please let the mods decide instead of thread whining?

Last year they thought it was fine, they will probably allow it this time again, it's a valuable info people want to know since the vast majority are watching it through Youtube, so please stop and let the mods decide, if they don't care you shouldn't either, thx.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Quick Breakdown:
- There's a 12 hour livestream on Monday, though they're also livestreaming the conferences on Sunday and the Zelda event on Monday.
- There's a new hub coming at https://gaming.youtube.com/e3 that will hold all E3 related YouTube videos as separated by game and publisher.
- There will also be links to and an archive of all sorts of livestreams there.

geoff-keighley-930x45qwuqz.jpg

VentureBeat said:
YouTube Gaming is going all-in at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), the big game trade show in Los Angeles starting June 12. Last year, YouTube drew millions of gamers to its livestream of events, such as the fan event where Bethesda unveiled Fallout 4.

This year, YouTube Gaming will blanket the show with coverage again with dozens of livestreams scheduled throughout the week on a new event page just for E3. And YouTube Gaming is teaming up once again with Geoff Keighley, the host of The Game Awards. Keighley will host a 12-hour stream starting at 9 a.m. on June 13, sponsored by Samsung.

The event page hub will be a home for livestreams and on-demand videos, with all of the E3 coverage in one place. You’ll be able to browse videos and streams, chat live with fellow gamers, vote for your favorite trailers in the legendary Trailer Battle, and catch up on announcements you might have missed.

“I’m thrilled to be teaming up with YouTube again for live coverage of E3,” Keighley said in an email to GamesBeat. “Last year’s YouTube Live at E3 was the largest livestream of the year on YouTube in terms of audience, so we’re looking forward to building on that success for 2016 on June 13.”

Source: http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/24/youtube-gaming-teams-up-with-host-geoff-keighley-on-e3-coverage/

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is different....

He's actually right though.

Basically the issue is that we don't want things posted on GAF by companies/developers/journalists that aren't naturally interesting to GAF posters, instead of posting in existing threads that already assert interest.

Now, I mean, this is obviously naturally interesting to GAF posters and I would have posted it myself, so I merged in my post from another thread to make this smoother. The logic is that we don't want to put the burden on companies/developers/journalists to determine whether or not their information is naturally interesting or if it would be considered advertising instead. As such, we have a blanket policy that no matter what the information is, it should only be posted by community members, which makes it way more simple and fair for everyone.

N° 2048

Kanye West? what?

Everyone is sleeping on that.
GOTY.

For the next 5 years.

He's actually right though.

Basically the issue is that we don't want things posted on GAF by companies/developers/journalists that aren't naturally interesting to GAF posters, instead of posting in existing threads that already assert interest.

Now, I mean, this is obviously naturally interesting to GAF posters and I would have posted it myself, so I merged in my post from another thread to make this smoother, but the logic is that we don't want to put the burden on companies/developers/journalists in terms of determining whether or not their information is interesting or would be considered advertising, so having a blanket policy no matter what the information is makes it way more simple and fair for everyone.

You guys are amazing. Well handled :)
Now we can focus on games. hyypee!

Hi Geoff.
Looking forward to another great show as usual.
I hope there is some exciting and unexpected news (containing a 3 possibly) on the PC show :)
Try to give all of us on Gaf a shout out.

Top Bottom