• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube "pranksters" Daddyofive deny abuse (Up: mom gets custody of two youngest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlclmtckr

Banned
We all wish that every time we come in this thread that the madness has stopped. But we all know those kids are gonna be fucked for a long time.

I don't think there's a good outcome for these kids :(

Either they stay with their abusive shithead parents or they get put into the dysfunctional foster care system. And either way they will carry emotional scars.

That's why the parents deserve some serious jail time. You can't take this shit back.

depths20XX

Isn't CPS a complete shit show in this country? Even with this mountain of video evidence I'm sure there will just be some excuse of why they can't do anything about it.

Best you can hope for is that the family learns from this and stops exploiting and abusing their children in this way. They say they'll change their video style, but let's be honest these people aren't intelligent enough to actually write funny material for YouTube. Their whole shtick is clickbait prank videos about getting reactions from their children. If they try to change their format they'll fail. Because as I said, these people don't understand humor nor are they intelligent enough to create material that doesn't exploit their children. I expect them to give up on YouTube or fade off into irrelevance.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It just makes me so fucking sad and gutted that so many of these reputed "pranks" are composed of ruining and/or disrupting normal childhood behaviour to the point of emotionally breaking them, only to berate and question why they're upset in the first place.

A child's hand crafted belongings and crafted gifts and cards from others are destroyed for "entertainment". There isn't a joke. These are literally irreplaceable trinkets with personal value and emotional worth.

A child's time spent honing creative skills in their own personal space is abrasively disrupted and destroyed, breaking them to tears, again berated and questioned as to why it matters.

All of this and more in a hail of cackling laughter and emotionally demeaning language.

Bgamer90

Banned
Poorly educated parents were probably raised by poorly-educated parents. And so on, all the way down the line.

I definitely think that this is the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's treating his kids like this as a sad way to feel better about his parents more than likely doing these "pranks" to him when he was younger.

I definitely think that this is the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's treating his kids like this as a sad way to feel better about his parents more than likely doing these "pranks" to him when he was younger.

I grew up in a dysfunctional environment and I turned out "fine", so will my children.

nomis

It just makes me so fucking sad and gutted that so many of these reputed "pranks" are composed of ruining and/or disrupting normal childhood behaviour to the point of emotionally breaking them, only to berate and question why they're upset in the first place.

A child's hand crafted belongings and crafted gifts and cards from others are destroyed for "entertainment". There isn't a joke. These are literally irreplaceable trinkets with personal value and emotional worth.

A child's time spent honing creative skills in their own personal space is abrasively disrupted and destroyed, breaking them to tears, again berated and questioned as to why it matters.

All of this and more in a hail of cackling laughter and emotionally demeaning language.

here I go again 🤧

Drain You

Honestly, given how much CPS is dragging their feet, someone independently doing that repeatedly is the only way these kids are going to be freed from this.

I tried to write a longer message about this to explain what I'm trying to say, but yea, you're right. On one hand I feel for there are people at CPS who I'm sure feel very strongly about this sort of thing, but have to abide by the rules of their job. It just sucks. Rock and a hard place. Lets just hope for the best for these children. Its obvious that they deserve much better than what they are dealing with.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I remember as a kid I liked drawing and that stuff was really important to me. To have your dad come in and ruin your drawings and then wonder why you're mad about it...Like dude, do you even care how your kids feel? It seems like it's all about you. It's seriously two of the dumbest, heartless motherfuckers raising 5 kids.

That, but on-top of it laughing at you over it. I guess how I cried was funny to my parents, though they tried to hold it back, but to a child to be laughed at by your own parents while you're crying can be damaging enough alone, let alone on any sort of consistent basis. you begin to close yourself off from that because it teaches you feeling sad is something you'll just be laughed over and your emotions and what upsets you is not taken seriously.

Socreges

Banned
I'd guess this has been their main source of income for at least a year. And now they're done? 1 video on the channel. Family Destroyed over False Aquisations. Unfortunate.

YouTube vlogging is a pretty depressing phenomenon. Everyone and their dog seems to have a video up with their own take or exposé on Daddyofive. Obviously it's the new way to guarantee views and revenue.

And yeah, I worry for Cody and Emma. Especially Cody. That environment will never get better for him.

CD'S BAR

I've watched a lot of their videos over the past several months, and honestly I hope things work out for the children, obviously, but also the parents. Yeah there's a lot of fucked up shit in those videos, but there are also a lot of sweet, "normal" moments. The parents seem genuinely ignorant and misguided, not malicious.

I don't know how they didn't see this coming, however. When you put yourself out on the internet like that you live or die by the mercy of the anonymous masses.

eizarus

Banned
I'd guess this has been their main source of income for at least a year. And now they're done? 1 video on the channel. Family Destroyed over False Aquisations. Unfortunate.

YouTube vlogging is a pretty depressing phenomenon. Everyone and their dog seems to have a video up with their own take or exposé on Daddyofive. Obviously it's the new way to guarantee views and revenue.

And yeah, I worry for Cody and Emma. Especially Cody. That environment will never get better for him.
I don't want to jump the gun but is this a defence post?

Ventara

I've watched a lot of their videos over the past several months, and honestly I hope things work out for the children, obviously, but also the parents. Yeah there's a lot of fucked up shit in those videos, but there are also a lot of sweet, "normal" moments. The parents seem genuinely ignorant and misguided, not malicious.

I don't know how they didn't see this coming, however. When you put yourself out on the internet like that you live or die by the mercy of the anonymous masses.

Are you kidding me? This is beyond ignorant and misguided. Only place I want to see their disgusting asses is in jail.

KarmaCow

Fuck off with this. They are adults systematically emotionally and physically abusing their children, not doing that all the time doesn't absolve them of that. You can't get to this point by being misguided and they certainly are not ignorant to what they've done considering how they have reacted to this.

no no no no no no no NO

Their "normal" moments do not in any way negate this....this......nightmare that these precious children are going through, all because of mom and dad's psychotic behavior.

"I beat my wife, but it's only once a month! The other 29 days are full of happy moments!"

rec0ded1

ma·li·cious

adjective
characterized by malice; intending or intended to do harm.

"If you lose this game you get slapped" Come on son you trolling.

Socreges

Banned
I don't want to jump the gun but is this a defence post?
No. You've misunderstood. Wouldn't that be fun, though? To have a Daddyofive defender in our midst? Sorry to disappoint - I am but a hater myself. Perhaps look at the post above yours.

My "unfortunate" was sarcasm, particularly since the video title isn't true and Aquisations isn't a word. Maybe I was too subtle.

And my vlogging comment has nothing to do with Daddyofive. It's just been an eye-opening insight for me. It's a world driven by content creators trying to find the most efficient balance between views and lack of effort.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It's actually pretty sad how many of their fans are defending them. Lets just say for one second that you're so goddamn insane that you think mental abuse isn't such a terrible things and it's fine since it's a "prank" but how do you still think it's okay when it's physical abuse? Physical, even to the most crazy people, should be a clear sign that this isn't normal and yet their fans still don't give a fuck.

Why

How

Turnstyle

Am I a bad person for legitimately wanting to take a metal bat to that face as hard as I can?

I'm on the other side of the world, but would happily swim across the ocean just to kick this guy in the balls.

This story has stuck with me since I first read it a few days ago - I can't get it out of my head.

My kids have had a lot of extra hugs this week.

It's actually pretty sad how many of their fans are defending them. Lets just say for one second that you're so goddamn insane that you think mental abuse isn't such a terrible things and it's fine since it's a "prank" but how do you still think it's okay when it's physical abuse? Physical, even to the most crazy people, should be a clear sign that this isn't normal and yet their fans still don't give a fuck.

Why

How

"It's just a prank, bro."

Can't blame the people wanting to punch him. When you see a grown-ass man hurting something weaker (kids, small animals, anything that can't defend itself), I think that's kinda natural.

Fliesen

What I don't get is how exactly did this channel exist on Youtube for so long without people noticing rather blatant child abuse? The channel is certainly popular enough that people that monitor content on Youtube should've noticed it and done something about it.

They certainly knew the channel. (i can't imagine it hasn't been reported over and over again, on a small scale) But as long as it makes (them) money, and there's no real big outrage, they'll turn a blind eye.

Had these people used copyrighted music in a few of their videos, though. Boy howdy, their channel would've been flagged left and right!

We better stop pretending that Youtube, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook - whatever - do not know what despicable shit is being spread on their respective platforms. They simply do not care, as long as it's a net positive for them - i.e., as long as their advertisers do not take action.

Theecliff

Banned

ah, it was only a matter of time before someone came into defend this. because stuff like throwing your youngest child into a bookshelf, physically hitting him, having pranks involving his brothers destroying his personal belongings and schoolwork, telling him he's adopted (and when he understandably starts breaking down as a result, run around the house berating him behind a camera before violently yanking him from his hiding place repeatedly, culminating in him knocking his head into the bottom of a bed frame), punish him for acting out against your 'pranks' by excluding him from a whole family trip to disneyland, have your mother literally tell him she doesn't him, forcing the brothers and sisters to participate in a game that literally only involves slapping each other in the face (and then laugh off a plea from one kid not to play and just sit there and watch whilst your daughter is crying her eyes out), have two of your sons run into your daughters room to destroy her artwork and then laugh in her face when she understandably gets upset, stand over your son with a camera and force him to throw away all of his belongings whilst loudly swearing at him because his room was slightly messy (even though several pranks involve destroying his room) and literally just stand there and video your kids beating the ever living shit out of each other instead of breaking it up really doesn't seem malicious to me.

depths20XX

That, but on-top of it laughing at you over it. I guess how I cried was funny to my parents, though they tried to hold it back, but to a child to be laughed at by your own parents while you're crying can be damaging enough alone, let alone on any sort of consistent basis. you begin to close yourself off from that because it teaches you feeling sad is something you'll just be laughed over and your emotions and what upsets you is not taken seriously.

Yup, it can teach children to close themselves off from fear of being made fun of. As a kid you start to think what's the point of of doing things when you only get yelled at or punished as a result. It causes you to withdrawal and avoid people as a defense from being hurt. The fact that the parents are the ones egging this shit on is even more disgusting.

Crema

1j5qb8.jpg

I was going to comment on how this man has possibly the ugliest face I have ever seen, but then realised the relentless bullying he would have received at school probably contributed to his abhorrent behaviour as an adult.

MacBosse

You have watched this for several months? You should be fuckin ashamed of youself.

coklat

Neo Member
I've never wanted to have children, but I only made it halfway through one of those videos of Cody being tormented before I was in tears. Let me clean out the spare bedroom and buy you a plane ticket, buddy, you can come live with me.

CD'S BAR

jesus you all are champing at the bit to dogpile on someone defending this. sorry, but that wasn't my point. i'd like to think the "normal" moments suggest they might not be beyond rehabilitation or counseling, if only for the kids' sake. it has to suck being permanently torn from your parents - assuming that happens - even if you're not aware it's for your own good.

I was going to comment on how this man has possibly the ugliest face I have ever seen, but then realised the relentless bullying he would have received at school probably contributed to his abhorrent behaviour as an adult.
It's just a horribly punchable face. Add in that laugh and the voice and it's like i just start punching.
The videos are the angry, blind rage icing on the ugly, punchable cake.

Theecliff

Banned
jesus you all are champing at the bit to dogpile on someone defending this. sorry, but that wasn't my point. i'd like to think the "normal" moments suggest they might not be beyond rehabilitation or counseling, if only for the kids' sake. it has to suck being permanently torn from your parents - assuming that happens - even if you're not aware it's for your own good.
your first comment was suggesting that they aren't malicious and are instead just ignorant because they are capable of normality. normal moments when they're not being horrible pieces of shit doesn't justify or 'balance out' the garbage they put their kids through, and certainly doesn't make their actions non-malicious. even if they were nice 90% of the time, that doesn't even begin to justify the 10% where they're physically and emotionally abusing their kids for the sake of a youtube channel and it sure as fuck doesn't prove they're then worth saving.

yeah, it'll suck for the kids being taken away, but in the end it'll be much better for them in the long run rather than being stuck in a house where their parents are willing to gaslight them for youtube hits.

This is the equivalent of saying "My boyfriend only beats me once or twice a week, the rest of the time he's really nice".

It's abusive, malicious, and cruel. Cody is actually displaying signs of PTSD from the torment of his fucking parents. I hope they die and the kids can be put in a decent home. This type of trauma doesn't just vanish, Cody will be left with scaring for the rest of his life. Ignorance is not a kid covered in bruises, ignorance is not pushing, punching, or screaming at a kid, ignorance is not laughing at your child when he's crying and screaming "You're bad to me, I hate you, leave me alone!", ignorance is not constantly trying to get a reaction out of a tormented child hunting him down like he cries and begs to be left alone to make him scream and cry more on camera, ignorance is not wanting money to sue the man who exposed the abuse and threatening to sell their kids stuff if they don't get it. THIS. IS. ABUSE. The only ignorance is your comment.

Zakalwe

Banned
your first comment was suggesting that they aren't malicious and are instead just ignorant because they are capable of normality. normal moments when they're not being horrible pieces of shit doesn't justify or 'balance out' the garbage they put their kids through, and certainly doesn't make their actions non-malicious. even if they were nice 90% of the time, that doesn't even begin to justify the 10% where they're physically and emotionally abusing their kids for the sake of a youtube channel and it sure as fuck doesn't prove they're then worth saving.

yeah, it'll suck for the kids being taken away, but in the end it'll be much better for them in the long run rather than being stuck in a house where their parents are willing to gaslight them for youtube hits.

To be fair, they could just be incredibly stupid and lacking in self-awareness (which seems beyond reasonable doubt, to be honest). This kind of behaviour doesn't require malice, evil isn't real, etc...

They need to be stopped/punished/have the kids taken away though, there's no excuse for this and malice or not they're not fit to be parents and this is still horrifying abuse.

Just watched DeFranco's videos since I didn't want to give this guy any views.. Saw the clips of how the parents treat their kids. Yeah when they say they're not being abused, they obviously lack the perspective to make that evaluation. Something akin to Stockholm Syndrome. I'd say the "haters" are doing a good job of correcting the situation, seeing as the YouTuber in question's videos are going private according to other posts in this thread.

I've worked as a child psychiatrist and that's going to be my long term career.

I have never witnessed the degree of emotional abuse that is flagrantly on display in these videos. I'd like to be wrong but I don't think the children can stay in that environment.
This is ignoring the physical abuse that is there too.

Domestic abuse always goes in cycles. In fact, there is a well-documented and researched 'honeymoon phase' where the victims and the abuser get really, really close and their relationship is more 'happy' and heightened than a normal family before it all goes back to horrible torment.

I'm not dogpiling here, just trying to give you a professional perspective on this stuff - moments of (exaggerated) normalcy/joy shouldn't be signs for responders to shrug off the incident, in fact it's counted as a red flag.

riotous

Banned
Domestic abuse always goes in cycles. In fact, there is a well-documented and researched 'honeymoon phase' where the victims and the abuser get really, really close and their relationship is more 'happy' and heightened than a normal family before it all goes back to horrible torment.

I'm not dogpiling here, just trying to give you a professional perspective on this stuff - moments of (exaggerated) normalcy/joy shouldn't be signs for responders to shrug off the incident, in fact it's counted as a red flag.

Interesting stuff; I witnessed this cycle between my brother and my father. Unfortunately for me it never left phase 1 and 2.

I've worked as a child psychiatrist and that's going to be my long term career.

I have never witnessed the degree of emotional abuse that is flagrantly on display in these videos. I'd like to be wrong but I don't think the children can stay in that environment.
This is ignoring the physical abuse that is there too.

Yup, and to have all this on video (not as a hidden film by investigators), is just unprecedented.

Interesting stuff; I witnessed this cycle between my brother and my father. Unfortunately for me it never left phase 1 and 2.

Yeah, I've been there. From what I've learned, some abusers only have a short 'denial' phase ('you asked for it, everyone does this, stop being a crybaby') followed by selective 'amnesia', ('it wasn't that bad, what are you talking about, that didn't happen') particularly with substance abuse. In those cases, there is no outward appearance of a calmer phase but internally, they still go through the pattern.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

Your first post on this page is the kind of post that I immediately F5 upon reading to see if the poster was banned.

You can't say these jokers seem "not malicious" without it reading like a bewildering excuse.

Budi

I can't look at that face, especially that picture without imagining devil horns on that asshole's head. That fucking grin while children are crying and hurt in the background.

I've watched a lot of their videos over the past several months

But why would you do that? Do you really find this entertaining in some way? How? What is the good part in this? And how can you look past all the horrible shit happening in the videos? Have you been assuming the kids are just acting?

Edit: And don't take this as an attack towards you, I'm genuinely interested. I don't know your reasons and don't want to assume anything, so that's why I'm asking.

I don't think it's better in the long run for any kids to be taken away from their parents or not in this situation anyway. I think it's better in the long run that they all receive counselling, regular visits from Social Services, their Youtube channel taken down and any money they've made from these videos taken away, if that's possible, and then go from there.

You really just don't understand abuse, do you?

No nice moments make up for the amount of shit these scumbags put these children through. This isn't some kind of mental scale, where you put one weight in the NICE column, and that balances out one of the weights in the ASSHOLE column.

What these parents are doing is criminal, the children are going to have plenty of their own problems if they survive to adulthood. Christ, look at the eldest! He is already a mini-me of the douchebag father.

Their youtube channel is just cashing in on child abuse. It is just sick.

Ehh... Pranksters ey?
In general i don't have much good to say about pranksters but this is just psychopath level disturbed.

Disgustingly loud and irresponsible bad parents.

ColdPizza

Banned

There can be big money on YouTube. My boss left to work full time on his kids vlog channel. He's pulling in probably mid 6 figures from ads and sponsorship deals. I think it's a bit exploitative of kids in general, especially if the kids, who are the main attraction, aren't pulling in a salary that goes into a trust fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom