• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Snyder's Justice League Coming to HBO Max in 2021

Bolivar687

Banned
Think it was all filmed in IMAX?

But it's amazing how much of this footage is new. Wtf happened and why did wheadon feel the need to scrap so much?

There was this interview Snyder did where he talked about when he first started filming in IMAX and how the IMAX screens at science centers are more square than widescreen and how the ratio they shoot in is more like that screen ratio. I don't think he came out and said it, but it sounds like there might be an IMAX version of Justice League that would be made for science center IMAX.

This is about where he starts talking about it but it's about as long, convoluted, and meandering as his movies.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
There was this interview Snyder did where he talked about when he first started filming in IMAX and how the IMAX screens at science centers are more square than widescreen and how the ratio they shoot in is more like that screen ratio. I don't think he came out and said it, but it sounds like there might be an IMAX version of Justice League that would be made for science center IMAX.

This is about where he starts talking about it but it's about as long, convoluted, and meandering as his movies.

Is the science center IMAX different than regular IMAX?

It was leaked. Taken down for the moment. Doesn't officially hit till tonight

Ah, had I known I might have waited for the official. Also yeah, the dude is nuts, it's literally brimming with footage not seen in the theatrical, I know... I saw the theatrical and was PISSED OFF. I think to a casual person it will look like the same movie but he's meant to be an expert on the movie business, it's his job, a casual movie-goers perspective won't do and he's only doing it because he's positive on the Whedon version and negative on Snyder's. Not to mention, it's kinda ridiculous how he's behaving since we know the Whedon cut had at least 20-25% of Snyder's vision still there, some would argue more than that but if you're going off the framework of someone else's film and keeping a quarter of it how different is your film going to look? The truth is the original theatrical cut is the version that isn't distinct enough and all its additions are absolute blunders.

As mentioned, the director’s cut of Justice League will release on HBO Max in 2021. At DC FanDome, Snyder revealed it will release in four one-hour parts, but that there will be a way to watch it as one bundled-together piece once all episodes are out. He also said that international fans worried they would not get the Snyder Cut because HBO Max is only available in the U.S. should not fear: distribution deals are being worked on.

Another interesting development is that Zack Snyder’s Justice League will be presented in a different aspect ration to the original film. The Snyder Cut will be available in the 1.66.1 ratio, known widely as “European widescreen,” which will result in viewers seeing black bars on either side of the image when they watch on HBO Max.
Source

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I will definitely check this out. I really hated the version I watched. I can't even remember if I went to the theater or not. It was just that forgettable. Other than the Superman freakout return part, it was all so crappy.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
which means I’m basically treating it like it’s the correct Justice League film as far as I’m concerned.

What will be more interesting is if this blows up and is considered great if they will somehow keep aspects from it. Likely will not happen but it would be funny to see.

LordCBH

What will be more interesting is if this blows up and is considered great if they will somehow keep aspects from it. Likely will not happen but it would be funny to see.

I would really love to see that, but I really don’t think that’s gonna happen if this turns out awesome (which I hope it does!) it’s an unpopular opinion, but I really like Snyder. I’ve enjoyed most films he’s done, and I love his cinematography style. Plus it helps that he seems like a pretty good dude. I’m happy they’re letting him finish his film.

JLMC469

Banned

I still have nigthmares about Batman V Superman. Martha!!!:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Don’t see it being worst than that though or Justice League. But if it does, then damn.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I would really love to see that, but I really don’t think that’s gonna happen if this turns out awesome (which I hope it does!) it’s an unpopular opinion, but I really like Snyder. I’ve enjoyed most films he’s done, and I love his cinematography style. Plus it helps that he seems like a pretty good dude. I’m happy they’re letting him finish his film.

Man of steel is my favorite super hero movie. I really liked his take on Superman and I don't put most of the blame on him for a lot of the issues with the DCEU.

With the cards he was dealt I think he did alright. Nobody could have made batman V superman the movie Warner wanted it to be. It was a Superman sequel tuned into a Batman movie with an introduction to the justice league.

Even his cut if BVS proved to me here simply didn't have enough time to properly develope the new characters he was given and continue Superman's story.

All I want out of his cut is a proper end to his take on the story of Superman becoming Superman.

Last edited:

JLMC469

Banned

I don’t think is unpopular to say he makes great stylized sequences, which he does.

IMO his movies lack: character development, coherent story and good editing.

Last edited:

sol_bad

How was Snyder hoping to get a 4 hour movie in the cinemas, I don't think that was ever going to happen.

Also, did Whedon even have complete control over the theatrical cut or were the suits really in control?

How was Snyder hoping to get a 4 hour movie in the cinemas, I don't think that was ever going to happen.

Also, did Whedon even have complete control over the theatrical cut or were the suits really in control?

Why do you think they fired him? Just imagine the level of arguments that were happening. Also, it was originally meant to be 2 films released 1 year apart and then they changed it to 1 and then demanded that 1 be under 2 hours. This is WB's fault.

sol_bad

Why do you think they fired him? Just imagine the level of arguments that were happening. Also, it was originally meant to be 2 films released 1 year apart and then they changed it to 1 and then demanded that 1 be under 2 hours. This is WB's fault.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's WB's fault, not fair that Whedon is coping the flack. His only fault is taking on the task, he should have declined.

skneogaf

Justice league part 2 would at least double or triple the cost if making it so they should just allow zack to finish this multiverse thing.

Elcid

Banned
I saw the trailer, love that Leonard Cohen song and the trailer was cut decently...but come on guys. If this movie wasn't good at 2 hours, what the hell makes you think making it twice as long is going to make it be better?
I never saw the film, only bits and pieces and it looked B movieish to me. Couldn't bring myself to sit down for 2 hours despite my wife begging me too. Sure as shit ain't about to do it for 4 hours.

Kadve

I saw the trailer, love that Leonard Cohen song and the trailer was cut decently...but come on guys. If this movie wasn't good at 2 hours, what the hell makes you think making it twice as long is going to make it be better?
I never saw the film, only bits and pieces and it looked B movieish to me. Couldn't bring myself to sit down for 2 hours despite my wife begging me too. Sure as shit ain't about to do it for 4 hours.

The biggest problem with the movie is that it felt heavily rushed. Flash and Aquaman are barely given an introduction, the superman resurrection arc is dealt with within like 10 minutes and without the greater context of Apokolips and Darkseid, Steppenwolf is an extremely boring and generic character.

You can also clearly tell that the movie is a smash cut from two different directors, with Joss Whedon's "humor" sticking out like a sore thump.

Last edited:
Fucking hyped. I believed in Snyder. He got the bad stick of the failure of Whedon's film because the Journos defended one of their own. He's a huge SJW ally. I'm glad hes firing back at Mendelson and those reviewers that can't handle when a movie maker fires back at them.

Kadve

Steppenwolf is looking, um, spiky. But it's leagues better than the generic thing we had in the original version.

r9c749t.png

DeSaad doesn't really look like DeSaad in any way. Kinda lazy design tbh but he probably isn't in the movie very much so il give it a pass.

40AO6IA.png

But what the hell is going on with Darkseid? I know his design is kinda goofy looking to begin with, but you could at least put some effort into making him look like the "god of tyranny" that he is supposed to be. (Also, whats with the spear? he never used any weaponry. Him pummeling you with his bare hands was supposed to show just how beneath him you where.)

(edit, people are speculating that the scenes with Darkseid is part of a flashback and is really showing Uxas. Aka, Darkseid before he became Darkseid. Design makes sense if true)

bTgy99I.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom