• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda delayed on GameCube

Zonar

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157642.html

"Today was a good day for Wii news. There was an abundance of information on the system's release date, price, and launch games, and the Wii's multimedia functions were revealed and displayed in video form on Nintendo's Web site.

While future Wii owners celebrated en masse, the GameCube faithful hung their heads. The most anticipated game for the current-generation console, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, has once again been delayed.

Thankfully, the postponement won't be as torturous as last year's lengthy delay and will instead be limited to just a few weeks. Originally planned to launch alongside the Wii version of the game with the next-gen console's launch, Twilight Princess for the GameCube is now slated for a December 11 release.

Nintendo did not mention a reason for the game's delay, but the timing is a bit odd. The GameCube version was announced in 2004, but the Wii version was revealed long after the current-gen version had already been in development. Though logic would presume that the GameCube version would be finished well ahead of the next-gen version, this simply doesn't appear to be the case.

A fairly polished version of the GameCube version was on display at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2005 and drew hours-long lines from hordes of Zelda fans. At this year's E3, however, the GameCube version didn't even make the trip to Los Angeles, and the hours-long lines at Nintendo's booth were for the Wii and its roster of games, which included the next-gen version of Twilight Princess. "

that sucks

lock if old

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
I hate to say this but I believe that for Reggie orders the western version of Zelda TP for GCN doesn´t exist.

BigBoss

I'll wait and buy it used now, suck my balls Nintendo.

cartman.jpg

Alias03

This just makes me not want to buy the game. How many delays is that now.......?? Get your shit together Nintendo. Good idea BB maybe ill just buy it used so they don't get my money. :lol

Vard

Systems_id said:
I'm sure they're delaying it to force GC owners to either choose between a Wii or waiting another month. Bastards.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Chrono

Banned
heh, now we can have a second official Zelda thread when he GCN version comes out that will hopefully be wiitard-free. :)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Damn. To ignore those 800k GC version pre-orders. Dunno if that's a good idea..

rafman400

SilentHill said:
This just makes me not want to buy the game. How many delays is that now.......?? Get your shit together Nintendo. Good idea BB maybe ill just buy it used so they don't get my money. :lol
buy it used??? how long will that take?

Yup. It's not a good decision from the point of view of 'Cube-owners, but it probably makes more sense for Nintendo to stagger the release and give the Wii version the focus.

I'm not really interested in buying a new console to play the game when I can buy the game for my gamecube and enjoy the classic Zelda control scheme. I can wait.

Gotta give the Wii version a couple weeks exclusivity to help Nintendo pimp the new console...understandable, no big deal. They could've just abondoned the GCN version entirely, but at least they're still keeping their promise to release it.

Oblivion said:
Damn. To ignore those 800k GC version pre-orders. Dunno if that's a good idea..

Eh? How are they ignoring them? They'll still be getting the game, just a couple of weeks after the Wii edition is released.

Busty

Banned
I'm curious just how much publicity Nintendo are going to give the Gamecube version of Zelda. I can imagine them quietly releasing it without much fanfare and even then, shipping limited numbers.

Does the Wii version feature any additional content, compared to the Gamecube version?

Could the "delay" be to prevent GCN versions of Zelda hitting the streets of Hong Kong well before it's Wii release in Japan or Europe. It's a big premiere title.
It could also be a stunt by Nintendo to feature Zelda has a premiere Wii title and to distance itself from the GameCube, like Nintendo has done in Japan but not releasing. ..

Alias03

rafman400 said:
buy it used??? how long will that take?

few weeks...I dont need it day one and someone always sells a game within a week or two of its release to Gamestop. I would rather give my money to GS then Nintendo at this point :lol (never thought I would say that)

Busty said:
I'm curious just how much publicity Nintendo are going to give the Gamecube version of Zelda. I can imagine them quietly releasing it without much fanfare and even then, shipping limited numbers.

[eBay]GCN Zelda TP = RARE![/eBay]

Busty said:

My guess? ****-all publicity and enough units to cover pre-orders & a not much more.

BigBoss

Cosmonaut X said:
Eh? How are they ignoring them? They'll still be getting the game, just a couple of weeks after the Wii edition is released.

The game should've been released months ago, thanks to Nintendo wanting to release a Wii version GC owners have had to wait. But now we have to wait almost a month more than Wii owners to play game we should've finished months ago.

Alias03

GamePnoy74 said:
Gotta give the Wii version a couple weeks exclusivity to help Nintendo pimp the new console...understandable, no big deal. They could've just abondoned the GCN version entirely, but at least they're still keeping their promise to release it.

If they did that it would be giving a big F*CK YOU to loyal Gamecube owners who knew of this title since 2004. That would be the biggest bitch move ever.

Nutter

SilentHill said:
few weeks...I dont need it day one and someone always sells a game within a week or two of its release to Gamestop. I would rather give my money to GS then Nintendo at this point :lol (never thought I would say that)
wow!

Nintendo should just cancel the GC version all together and do you people a favor, so you dont come back and say "HAY GUYZ THIS GAME SUX"

Nutter said:
wow!

Nintendo should just cancel the GC version all together and do you people a favor, so you dont come back and say "HAY GUYZ THIS GAME SUX"

man, if i rather play the game traditional style the waggle style, I want a take on the GC version,, even I will get a Wii

"By putting the Gamecube version of Zelda into mid-December, it says that they want to force you to buy the version that probably doesn't play as well, thereby maybe even getting you to buy both versions once you throw your frustrating Wii Twilight Princess copy up on eBay a week later."

*quote stolen from Battle-Poster*

Luckett_X

Banned
really not happy about this. Its pretty shameless. They didnt even give a good reason as to why its delayed, other than whats obvious to everyone else. And this is the company everyone loves to champion?

Having said this, god alone knows when the PAL release is planned.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait to play the definitively controlled version on the console it was always intended for! Nevermind the entire game will be spoiled by wiitards before then! Its all about the games/system launches/profit.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
With Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft on your side, what more love can any gamer want? I mean, it's all about the consumer with those guys :D

Nutter

Luckett_X said:
really not happy about this. Its pretty shameless. They didnt even give a good reason as to why its delayed, other than whats obvious to everyone else. And this is the company everyone loves to champion?

Having said this, god alone knows when the PAL release is planned.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait to play the definitively controlled version on the console it was always intended for! Nevermind the entire game will be spoiled by wiitards before then! Its all about the games/system launches/profit.
"WE GET IT ALREADY. YOU ****ING HATE NINTENDO. YOU CAN STOP NOW."

Alias03

Nutter said:
wow!

So you think most people are out of line by being upset that this games been delayed for over a year now? Just to top it off it's delayed so they can push the same title which they have had less time to work on, and its comes out before it for the sake of "pimping" sales of Wii. It's obvious why they are delaying it and I think its bogus. Had it been to improve performance (gameplay wise) it would be a different story.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Luckett_X said:

To be fair, they redid the twilight realm and said they wanted to add more (non-waggle related) stuff to the game.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'd say that a lot of you are ****ing babies, but really, you could just cover all the replies up and know who's bitching just by checking the usernames.

Link said:
I'd say that a lot of you are ****ing babies, but really, you could just cover all the replies up and know who's bitching just by checking the usernames.

Funnily enough, I've been browsing with the window minimised so that the handles are cropped off & you can actually do just that... :D

Top Bottom