• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda delayed on GameCube

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Pureauthor said:
The only logical reason for wanting Cube TP is if you feel that button pressing is a better style of control.

Or maybe not everyone wants to pay 250 for a wii, that's my main reason for wanting the cube TP, the controller is my secondary reason.

ethelred

Luckett_X said:
You are a bad person. I don't like you.

:)

MoxManiac said:
I honestly do not understand this mentality.

Like I said, schadenfreude. My way of saying "Thanks" to the kind of people that fill sedate threads with four pages of bitching, or go to NoA surveys to vote against cool games getting localized.

yonder

GSG Flash said:
Meh, I can wait a few weeks, I refuse to spend over $250 on the Wii, maybe if it was $200, I'd get Zelda with a Wii, but since it's not, I'm gonna have to stick with the Cube version.

Although, I'm gonna miss the widescreen support :( Atleast I'll have the more familiar and probably more comfortable controls.
Is the lack of widescreen confirmed by Nintendo? I don't see why the Cube version couldn't have it.

Zelda: Twilight Princess Reconfirmed for GC
Nintendo disavows Revolution rumors.

November 8, 2005 - Nintendo today dismissed outright recent rumors that the highly-anticipated The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess would be developed for its next-generation Revolution console and not the current GameCube system, according to a report at GamesIndustry.biz.

The rumor mill began to churn last week when the Zelda title failed to appear on Nintendo's first quarter 2006 release list which was revealed last week. The game had previously been slated to release for the 2005 holiday season, but in August Nintendo announced a delay until 2006 to "add some incredible new elements" to the title. The noticable absence of the game from the release list led many to speculate that the game would now be developed for Nintendo's upcoming Revolution next-generation game console.

To counter these rumors, Nintendo UK's public relations manager stated that the company "always said that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will appear on Nintendo GameCube and this is still very much the case." It is worth noting that the company has not provided further information on the game's anticipated release date.

:lol

Kuroyume

Banned
What a bunch of shit... **** the Wii. How the hell can the GC version be delayed if it has been in development longer? That's just freaking retarded and lame.

Aurora

Kuroyume said:
What a bunch of shit... **** the Wii. How the hell can the GC version be delayed if it has been in development longer? That's just freaking retarded and lame.
Oh believe me. I'm sure Nintendo could release Twilight Princess GCN as early as this month if they wanted to. The reason for the delay is to get full use of their Wii + Zelda.

Aurora said:
Oh believe me. I'm sure Nintendo could release Twilight Princess GCN as early as this month if they wanted to. The reason for the delay is to get full use of their Wii + Zelda.
I'm sure they could have released it months ago. ****ing Nintendo.

Nintendo should have killed off Zelda GC back in E3 2006. At least it would have made Nintendo's obvious intentions to prop up the Wii launch bearable.

Aurora said:

Exactly. Yet Nfans can't even admit that. Come on.

Nintendo lied, fanboys cried
sheehan3bo3.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Just wanted everyone to know that I wasn't getting this for the GC anyway. I dance in your puddle of pathetic dispair!

SUCK IT HATERS! ;)

Luckett_X

Banned
enjoy your carpel tunnel. Hopefully it will render your hate filled typing limbs entirely useless forever more so we never hear another peep from you, while we, the scorned few, enjoy the subtley relaxing world of Hyrule ala Button pressing.

I also sincerely hope the wiimote makes Navi sounds. constantly. HEY LISTEN. Enjoy your innovation bitches!

Luckett_X said:
enjoy your carpel tunnel. Hopefully it will render your hate filled typing limbs entirely useless forever more so we never hear another peep from you, while we, the scorned few, enjoy the subtley relaxing world of Hyrule ala Button pressing.

I also sincerely hope the wiimote makes Navi sounds. constantly. HEY LISTEN. Enjoy your innovation bitches!

wtf :lol

Ganondorfo

Come on, who will buy twilight princess on cube, everyone will buy it on wii.

It's just like buying resident evil 1 on ds than resident evil remake on cube.

You can swing with the controller on the cube version of zelda, so the wii version is a must.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
so it's not "pure schadenfreude" so much as "feelings hurt by conflicting opinions on the internet" :lol

GDGF

Soothsayer
PhoenixDark said:
Exactly. Yet Nfans can't even admit that. Come on.

Nintendo lied, fanboys cried

I freely admit that, and i'm one of the biggest nintendorks you'll find on this board. The thing is I don't mind because the GCN is on the way out and the Wii is on the way in. I don't have a GCN anymore and I plan on getting a Wii. Launching on the Wii first will sell alot of systems, which in turn will bring about more third party support (and also have a side effect of justifying my purchase a bit more)

Selfish? Yes. But I don't really give a damn:lol

the real reason that has come to my attention is the pricing difference. The GC version will be cheaper, normal priced GC game around what we usually see for current new GC games.

Wii version being higher priced. N doesn't want to lose money when they can bang 10\20 bucks from the difference

Personnaly to have fixed this problem, I would of priced both games at a GC level priced game

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Yonn said:
Is the lack of widescreen confirmed by Nintendo? I don't see why the Cube version couldn't have it.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo said that widescreen is exclusive to wii, along with some other crap.

IJoel

Hahaha... holy crap, this is quite screwed up if true. Makes me want to skip on Wii and Zelda out of principle alone. Stuff like this annoys me to no avail.

Brannon

*2 weeks later*

We're going to move the GC Zelda to January to avoid the holiday slaughter, since the Wii Zelda will handle that business.

*2 more weeks later*

We're going to record the entire gameplay of GC Zelda and put it on a DVD so you can use it in your Wii as a movie, like that Shenmue movie!

*2 seconds later*

Oh yeah, we took out DVD playback (we had DVD playback?). You can watch it on the 360 part of your Wii60 instead.

*2 weeks later*

We're delaying the DVD because... uh... we don't want to rush it. Yeah that's it! Remember when we rushed Wind Waker and how y'all got pissed? So we're doing you a favor and not rushing it this time. It'll be the best DVD ever. In Spring 2007.

*2 weeks before Spring*

We're releasing Zelda TP 2 for Wii 18 months. Also we gave the DVD to X-Play, so you can watch Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb watch the GC Zelda on 360 on G4TV. It will also be on Cinematech in short chunks with crappy music. You'll love it!

*2 seconds later*

We're cancelling all of Nintendo on the count of God smiting us.

PROPHECY DEFINED.

mugwhump

Aurora said:
WTF? :/ MONTHS ago? You honestly think they would let the game sit there for almost half a year and not work on it at all?

Ganondorfo said:
Come on, who will buy twilight princess on cube, everyone will buy it on wii.

ah, so basically those 15+ million GCN owners had been fed smoke and mirrors for 1.5+years about waiting for their last decent game on their dead console?

Top Bottom