• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda eShop sale starting 4th September in Europe

Fuck.

I just bought a physical copy of OoT 3D as a gift and a digital copy of OoT 3D for myself. Both were more expensive than the discounted price offered here.

Fuck.

If this comes to NA, I can get Hyrule Warriors for like $35.

But I don't really see any games I here I want (that I don't have already) :/

GothPunk

I'm almost afraid to admit this here, but I've never really played a Zelda game - I played a few minutes of OoT 3D and that's about it. I feel like I should take advantage of this sale, but not sure where I should start as I don't think I'd make it through one of the original games... :O

PaulLFC

I can't take Nintendo's eShop pricing seriously. Last time I checked the 3DS eShop it was nearly always $1:£1 for Nintendo-published games which is absurd, and it doesn't appear to have changed. Even with these discounts, it'd probably be cheaper at full US price.

I'm almost afraid to admit this here, but I've never really played a Zelda game - I played a few minutes of OoT 3D and that's about it. I feel like I should take advantage of this sale, but not sure where I should start as I don't think I'd make it through one of the original games... :O

Forget 1&2 on the NES, they are close to unplayable without a guide if you haven´t played them when they came out... especially 2 is really really hard.

I would recommend Ocarina of Time as the first 3D Zelda and Link´s Awakening or a Link to the Past as the first 2D Zeldas to play, but you can´t really go wrong with any of the games starting with A Link to the Past. They are all great.

GothPunk

Forget 1&2 on the NES, they are close to unplayable without a guide if you haven´t played them when they came out... especially 2 is really really hard.

I would recommend Ocarina of Time as the first 3D Zelda and Link´s Awakening or a Link to the Past as the first 2D Zeldas to play, but you can´t really go wrong with any of the games starting with A Link to the Past. They are all great.
Thanks, I'll start with A Link to the Past then. I've been meaning to finish a Zelda game for a long time, so no more excuses!

jimi_dini

Zelda 2 is soooo bought. I played it as a kid and almost beat it (fuck you Dark
Link
). 2.50EUR, great deal. 3.50EUR, still nice.

munchie64

It's 10% off if you own any Zelda game. As long as you have downloaded a Zelda game before the release of Hyrule Warriors you'll get the discount.

Here is the full size pic:
Wait what? I have Wind Waker HD from release day, so I get a discount? That's pretty cool.

Rizsparky

Europe's pricing is a complete disaster compared to the US. The companies usually just use the same number but replace the $ sign with the € sign: $40 = €40 ($50-ish) for example.

I dont really understand why this happens, Im assuming those who decide the pricing live in the UK and are aware of the exchange rate. I guess its the case of 'people still buy it' even though its unfairly priced.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Already quite cheap(the VC stuff) amazing games from a great series being on sale for a bit less seem to piss of more people here than expected.

Europe's pricing is a complete disaster compared to the US. The companies usually just use the same number but replace the $ sign with the € sign: $40 = €40 ($50-ish) for example.

$40 + $40*0'2 = $48.

I understand US prices do not include VAT and that said VAT varies from state to state, right?

VampMuse

Neo Member
hoping this comes to the NA. I was trying to talk myself out of buying from Amazon since I want it Digital.

I dont really understand why this happens, Im assuming those who decide the pricing live in the UK and are aware of the exchange rate. I guess its the case of 'people still buy it' even though its unfairly priced.
NOE are German and use $=€.

UK gets further screwed with €=0.9£ though (the rate has not been that for years, €=0.8£ is closer to the truth). NOE have changed the exchange rate for new systems (e.g. DSi bought the horrible €=0.9£ replacing the €=0.7£ it was before, 3DS bought Australia €=1.3$ replacing €=1.5$), old releases remain same price (this is why Wii U VC is £3.49 in the UK where the 3DS version of same is £4.49).

Son Of D

£25.99 is a good price for OoT 3D considering it's still around £35 in retail.

I wonder if the free Wind Waker HD from the Mario Kart offer counts towards the fan discount for HW.

ramparter

Banned
I guess its the case of 'people still buy it' even though its unfairly priced.
But they don't. 3DS software doesn't sell that much here in Europe. But they never blame the prices, no. It's the customer who's at fault. And the mobile market, and the free facebook games and w/e..

jts

...hate me...
The only ones I don't own are Zelda II and the Oracle games.

Might as well use the opportunity to fix that, innit.

£25.99 is a good price for OoT 3D considering it's still around £35 in retail.

I wonder if the free Wind Waker HD from the Mario Kart offer counts towards the fan discount for HW.

It's a shame that it isn't back down to £19.99 like it was last time. I'll be picking up Minish Cap and Link's Awakening. I'd get A Link to the Past if it was 60Hz.

tsab

is a good price for OoT 3D considering it's still around in retail.

Yes it will. You also get the the premium points with WWHD too if you have the deluxe/premium wiiu.

Neo Child

Banned
they had a sale on maybe a year ago where all the Nintendo 3ds games on eshop were £20. like Zelda mario etc. I need that again I want Zelda so much again

Meesh

NAwhyunosaleZelda.gif

Good deals I suppose, the only way I'd be butt hurt about it is if there was a OoT or MM stealth release along side.

i hope this comes to the u.s. i'll buy the minish cap. i've never played it and i love the art style of it. consesus seems to be that it's a solid zelda game too.

I wonder if the ambassador Minish Cap counts.
We will never know. Why? Ambassadors have NES Zelda 1 which counts anyway.

Still it is curious how Four Swords anniversary doesn't count (it was free I suppose while the ambassador games were to make up for the price drop).

they had a sale on maybe a year ago where all the Nintendo 3ds games on eshop were £20. like Zelda mario etc. I need that again I want Zelda so much again
Source please I only remember OOT 3D for £20.

Neo Child

Banned
source?

I was on the eshop and saw the prices. that's your source LOL. this was at least a year ago and there was Zelda, 3d land, starfox at least.

Dolobill

Oh man I hope NoA matches this. 34% off Wind Waker is an instant buy. Might go for the Oracles too since I've never played them. Links Awakening was my first Zelda game. Might even get that for the feels.

I was on the eshop and saw the prices. that's your source LOL. this was at least a year ago and there was Zelda, 3d land, starfox at least.
All I can find is this. I could not find any info on £19.99 a Mario 3D or Starfox 64 3D so if those did happen they not that price which is not the same thing as "all the Nintendo 3ds games on eshop were £20".

Mr-Joker

Banned
I own pretty all of them except for Link to the Past which I am not buying since Nintendo of Europe stupidly gave us the lame 50Hz version, which isn't even worth owning for free.

How many of these are 50Hz versions, though? I know A Link to the Past is, but are the Gameboy ones safe?

The Gameboy one are safe, except for Minish cap as that one is the European version and apparently that has a bomb bag glitch.

Neo Child

Banned
All I can find is this. I could not find any info on £19.99 a Mario 3D or Starfox 64 3D so if those did happen they not that price which is not the same thing as "all the Nintendo 3ds games on eshop were £20".

at the time it was all the Nintendo (as in Nintendo published ) games on the eshop. think there was piloteings too.

like I said it happened years ago so its not still on sale

sörine

Banned
I already have all those games, lol. I'd take the 10% discount on Hyrule Warriors though.

The only thing more disappointing than NOA not doing this sale is no Team Top Hat post bitching about it.

holysan

I still get sad (and occassionally mad) everytime I realize that (selected) GBA games are playable on the WiiU but not on the current handheld system :(

Will get Ages and Awakening, the only ones I'm missing.

Top Bottom