• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda for Wii U reveal @ Nintendo Treehouse: Live by Reggie, June 14 6PMCEST

Reveal what? They are just going to show Zelda (correct me if I'm wrong on this)

The name of the game, more or less detailed map, game's gimmick... Imagine if some YouTube video will go early (Hyrule Warriors details), or if some press outlet will break the embargo (TIME with Star Fox on E3 2014), or if a trademark will pop in (Pokemon Sun & Moon).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
BgpezvH.png

Kupo to whoever might guess this game correctly.

Anth0ny

just got a near mint CIB OOT collectors edition for super cheap

next on the "buy every zelda boxed" list is spirit tracks. it's the only zelda game I don't own, along with oracles of ages (I have seasons). looking forward to playing it but I know reception for that game seems super mixed. I liked phantom hourglass well enough, though it was clearly flawed.

sinxtanx

three weeks until actual uncut direct feed gameplay of and additional information on The Legend of Zelda for Wii U (temp.)

hype level: middling anticipation
projected hype level for final week: scratching wallpaper off of the wall to pass time

Anarky

Banned
I'm honestly kind of hoping they at least drop the NX reveal event date at the end of the Treehouse stream. Is that too much to hope for?

Piscus

I'm honestly kind of hoping they at least drop the NX reveal event date at the end of the Treehouse stream. Is that too much to hope for?

That's not a bad idea, actually. Would be good for the fans. Though if they are planning the event for October or later, it may be too soon to lock a date down like that. Or rather, it would be unlike them to specify a date so far in advance.

AdanVC

If Miyamoto appears on the stream, there's a high chance he could mention NX very briefly. Like one of those brief and unexpected random announcements when he confirmed Pikmin 4 randomly as well.

gamerMan

I think this is my most anticipated game of the last 10 years. I don't think I have ever been excited for a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. When Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword came out I really wasn't that excited to play them. The potential of this thing is out of this world and usually when Nintendo comes up with a concept that has a lot of potential, they usually exceed it. I love how people are downplaying Nintendo's importance to this industry. Hopefully, this game will probably serve as a explanation point of why we need Nintendo. I'm crossing my fingers because this could go either way.

maxcriden

three weeks until actual uncut direct feed gameplay of and additional information on The Legend of Zelda for Wii U (temp.)

hype level: middling anticipation
projected hype level for final week: scratching wallpaper off of the wall to pass time

I'm feeling pretty psyched at this point. But...I decided to skip the E3 footage. I think too much will be shown. So I'm going to resist. I'm just hoping hunting is not in. Some seemed to think it could be part of this Zelda. I sincerely hope it is not. So all I want to know from E3 is about that. I'm going to steer clear of everything else, as much as I can within reason.

Diffense

I feel like this Zelda is related ti Zelda:TP somehow since Aonuma said there would be a connection with the Wolf amiibo. Also, there are screen grabs from the ZeldaU reveal trailer hidden in TPHD. I wonder if it could be set in TP's backstory, fleshing out the events that led to the creation of the Twliight Realm.

VanWinkle

I hope the game is pretty far along if this is all they're showing. I'm really excited for the game, but man, let it be an impressive preview. I'd be crushed if it was at all like the old gameplay we got that was just like a big empty world, lol.

TheJoRu

If Miyamoto appears on the stream, there's a high chance he could mention NX very briefly. Like one of those brief and unexpected random announcements when he confirmed Pikmin 4 randomly as well.

I doubt they'll speak a single word about NX itself. What I think might happen though, since they did confirm Zelda is coming to it, is that someone like Aonuma or perhaps more likely Miyamoto, who sometimes does tend to throw out one or two tidbits spontaneously whenever he talks and gets excited, says something like "while we're currently looking at the Wii U version of the game that, thanks to the Gamepad, has some interesting functionality, we're also working on some exciting features for the NX version of the game that will take advantage of the new hardware's truly unique capabilities. I think you'll find both versions having their own appeal; I hope you're looking forward to it."

Which wouldn't be terribly exciting, and I think that's probably the extent to which we'll hear about Zelda on NX or NX itself.

ReyVGM

I'm feeling pretty psyched at this point. But...I decided to skip the E3 footage. I think too much will be shown. So I'm going to resist. I'm just hoping hunting is not in. Some seemed to think it could be part of this Zelda. I sincerely hope it is not. So all I want to know from E3 is about that. I'm going to steer clear of everything else, as much as I can within reason.

Good luck.

If you would only have to steer clear of E3 footage, that would be one thing. But staying clear from Neogaf, twitter, facebook, newsites, etc. posting images, gifs, trailers, articles, analysis, podcasts? If you manage to do that, you could conquer the world!

maxcriden

Good luck.

If you would only have to steer clear of E3 footage, that would be one thing. But staying clear from Neogaf, twitter, facebook, newsites, etc. posting images, gifs, trailers, articles, analysis, podcasts? If you manage to do that, you could conquer the world!

Well, this is why I said within reason, haha. I won't stay cleae of GAF but apart from that one factoid I'll avoid Zelda threads. I guess all of them just in case. I don't use Twitter and almost never use Facebook. I guess I'll be careful on the few Nintendo sites I go on. Posting images and gifs, well, those will be hard to avoid. Analysis and podcasts should be pretty easy to avoid. Articles as well. All of those will want the reader to know they're about Zelda going in.

I think it would be good for Nintendo to advertise this Zelda in movie theaters. But I go to movies pretty often. So I'll have to be careful with that, too, if they do go that route.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Have you got the last days art already picked? Just curious, this was a solid choice :)

I haven't decided with the arts yet but I already decided which games get their day I'm pretty sure that people already figured it out with the pattern by now.

How long does it take you to do these? They are really cool.

About 5 minutes or less. For GIF-wise, it might take between 8-15 minutes, depend on the video size.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I saw that BY2K posted this on Twitter: http://www.finder.com.au/legend-of-zelda-wii-u-nx-playable-at-e3

Nintendo has been quick to establish that the Nintendo NX – despite releasing in March 2017 – will not be on display at E3, however, its launch game - The Legend of Zelda - will. The game will be playable on the show floor for media and some very lucky members of the public, and today we found out just how much of the game we will get to enjoy. Nintendo is informing media that there will be two extended demos of the Wii U version to play at the booth and are being asked to set aside 90 minutes to make the most of the gameplay.

Being an open-world game, it remains to be seen if we’ll be free to just explore, or will be dungeon crawling towards a boss fight. Given that there are two demos, we expect one of each. An opportunity to get a taste of two of the core gameplay experiences The Legend of Zelda is set to offer.

Nintendo knows requesting 90 minutes of time from a journalist at E3 is a big call. Usually, you’re running around like crazy trying to sneak 15 minutes here and 15 minutes there with games of truly blockbuster status. But you’d give Nintendo a good couple of hours to get through all their titles. So Nintendo has declared The Legend of Zelda will be the only playable game on the show floor to accommodate this huge demo time. Usually, Nintendo jams its booth with loads of handheld and console titles, so it’s certainly an interesting step to only give media access to the one game. But it does sound like it is going to be one hell of a demo.

georly

Rösti;204724557 said:

Interesting. Wonder if the NNY demos will be around the same time per person (meaning they'll have a ton more booths) or if the NNY/E3 attendees only get a sampling of the full 90 minutes (pick one of several sections that only lasts 15~ minutes).

Either this is going to be the biggest zelda ever made (in terms of content, not world map, which it obviously is) or they're showing off a big big chunk of the game.

I guess 90 minutes is probably enough to get through the intro and the first dungeon if it's done well. We'll see how this game is handled. In 90 minutes you'd JUST be entering dungeon 1 of TP, so who knows :p

BY2K

Membero Americo
That page just look very bare are they credible? Just sound like they made a believable rumor

Zelda does tend to have multiple demos, or at least the demo will have multiple parts.

Skyward Sword at E3 2011 had 3, I think.

Part of the Faron Woods, the first Dungeon and the first boss fight with Ghirahim.

Zelda UNX will probably have one demo for open-world exploration and one for a dungeon.

Zelda does tend to have multiple demos, or at least the demo will have multiple parts.

Skyward Sword at E3 2011 had 3, I think.

Part of the Faron Woods, the first Dungeon and the first boss fight with Ghirahim.

Zelda UNX will probably have one demo for open-world exploration and one for a dungeon.

True.. actually I think I know who the source is. He posts on gaf too.

Nintendo will offer show attendees two extended demos of the Wii U version of the game that will finally let them step into the wilds of
Hyrule and explore some of the grasslands, forests and mountains that they’ve been given mere glimpses of to date.
@NinEverything I've got the email from Nintendo Australia that says this. Who should I forward it to to give you guys confirmation?

https://twitter.com/immewnity/status/735845774286671872

Wow that sorta lends credence to my idea that this Zelda will be a LOT more like Skyrim than Nintendo wants to admit. I'm talking dozens/hundreds of smaller dungeons, hundreds of side quests, hundreds of different usable/upgradeable items/weapons...

This is gonna be a very different Zelda than we're used to.

That will be the case but I would say compare it to XCX

That will be the case but I would say compare it to XCX

Well gameplay wise I would think it would be more similar to a Skyrim type game than XCX. For one, Zelda isn't really an RPG so the RPG combat and party member systems wouldn't exist (likely). World wise it might be seamless in the way XCX is, which would be cool.

These comparisons are kinda pointless right now I guess since we know almost nothing about the game. But a 90 minute demo says to me Nintendo doesn't want people only briefly touching it- they need a long time with it to get an accurate impression. This reminds me of the E3 Skyrim demos way back in 2011.

It would be cool to get a subtitle but it wouldn't surprise me if we don't even get to find out yet.

As for release dare, it would be good if they just confirm it for March next year. Sick and tired of the delays for the game and I just want a concrete release date now, not some vague 2017.

Well gameplay wise I would think it would be more similar to a Skyrim type game than XCX. For one, Zelda isn't really an RPG so the RPG combat and party member systems wouldn't exist (likely). World wise it might be seamless in the way XCX is, which would be cool.

These comparisons are kinda pointless right now I guess since we know almost nothing about the game. But a 90 minute demo says to me Nintendo doesn't want people only briefly touching it- they need a long time with it to get an accurate impression. This reminds me of the E3 Skyrim demos way back in 2011.

Well I aint talking of combat and party member stuff.. just exploration and discover and dungeons. XCX has its own set of many sidequest and small dungeons to explore.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Y6qGlyn.gif

Countdown of the day is Super Smash Bros which have a lot of contents that came from Legend of Zelda. Best Zelda Stage in Smash Bros is Temple.

Top Bottom