• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda for Wii U reveal @ Nintendo Treehouse: Live by Reggie, June 14 6PMCEST

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
We have already seen magic meter in The Game Awards 2015 footage.

I'd be surprised if Magic wasn't in the game. I expect it but just because we've seen it doesn't mean much. Twilight Princess trailers showed a magic meter and even the retail box has screenshots on the back with the magic meter on it, but they scrapped it and it wasn't in the game. So it wouldn't be unprecedented if they did that again.

Who cares if it doesn't have an exclusive port. More options are good.

Also I don't buy those details, I'm gonna get a full E3 of this game so why even listen to leaks.

what-ok

So excited to be wrong about any rumors I have read or personal expectations I have about this game once E3 arrives. I'm sure there will be plenty of details that will make me smile. How couldn't there be...right?

All I want is a skill tree for magic so that my character can learn and use offensive and defensive spells instead of a sword and shield. ;)

I'm gonna go ahead and admit that, while the wind-controlling mechanic felt tedious to me, I really dug sailing in Wind Waker. Every time I'd bump into an uncharted island I got SUPER DUPER EXCITED to explore it. No game ever since, be it Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc. has given me that thrill.

I really want to see something similar (not necessarily sailing) in this game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
mfY3gJt.png

Enjoy it! :)

what-ok

Yeah. Maybe a nice amount of land to explore and maybe a raft to traverse large bodies of water. I know the map was shown way back but it could have changed since then. A large water area would be great!

ozfunghi

Ocarina, Majora and Wind Waker originally came out on one system. They were only ported years later.

C'mon.

My point is, it doesn't really matter. If you own a WiiU and don't want to buy an NX... at some point, a superior version would be ported to a system you may not own yet anyway. It doesn't make the WiiU game any less good that there is an NX version right away.

KHlover

Banned
Din: Give me fireballs. Maybe let me infuse the Master Sword with Fire.

Nayru: Would be cool if we got time manipulation magic. Maybe create time bubbles in which time stops or reverses. Make Nayru's Love act more like in Smash.

Farore: Flash Step. That's all.

If Nintendo is generous I'd love a transformation magic that lets you interact with enemies, like Adol's Roo form from Ys II.

Can't get into the magic hype. Zelda combat has been rudimentary stuff for as long back as the games go. Hold L and press the item button, woo. The combat will have to be shown to be challenging/deep before anyone should care, and the track record isnt good.

-Horizon-

They should bring back the ability to change seasons again.

I want to explore that world in autumn with leaves falling and the whole yellow, orange, red pallet.

HNNNG

Anth0ny

I got a boxed copy of Zelda 1 for cheap :)

And apparently it's a rare copy with the original, silver Nintendo seal of quality.

I think I'm gonna try to get every Zelda boxed before Zelda u

What's wrong with me?

MomoQca

I'm gonna go ahead and admit that, while the wind-controlling mechanic felt tedious to me, I really dug sailing in Wind Waker. Every time I'd bump into an uncharted island I got SUPER DUPER EXCITED to explore it. No game ever since, be it Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc. has given me that thrill.

I really want to see something similar (not necessarily sailing) in this game.

If you haven't, you should try the Xenoblade games. The games even reward experience points for exploring. :D

I got a boxed copy of Zelda 1 for cheap :)

And apparently it's a rare copy with the original, silver Nintendo seal of quality.

I think I'm gonna try to get every Zelda boxed before Zelda u

What's wrong with me?

Naw. Get the albums, that's what I'm doing.

Poor wallet...

Meesh

When I first played ALttP all I could think about was how damn cool the wet grass splooshed underfoot during the opening rain storm. It's a little thing, but I want that feeling back when I play the new Zelda. Fill it with all those little touches/details that really immerse you :)

ReyVGM

When I first played ALttP all I could think about was how damn cool the wet grass splooshed underfoot during the opening rain storm. It's a little thing, but I want that feeling back when I play the new Zelda. Fill it with all those little touches/details that really immerse you :)

You will never get that feeling again because back then we were impressionable kids. Now we're jaded adults.

We'll get wet grass, but we'll complain it doesn't have AA or that it doesn't move realistically or the water doesn't reflect light accurately or something.

Blues1990

You will never get that feeling again because back then we were impressionable kids. Now we're jaded adults.

We'll get wet grass, but we'll complain it doesn't have AA or that it doesn't move realistically or the water doesn't reflect light accurately or something.

To each their own, but I think it would've been a cool detail. Heck, when I was playing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, I gushed at all the small things that were added to the game, such as Captain Toad shivering in fear during the haunted mansion-themed levels.

Diffense

My point is, it doesn't really matter. If you own a WiiU and don't want to buy an NX... at some point, a superior version would be ported to a system you may not own yet anyway. It doesn't make the WiiU game any less good that there is an NX version right away.

Wii U is still the only Nintendo home console in my memory that didn't get an exclusive Zelda game. I don't think the original poster was concerned about the Wii U version being diminished by there being an NX version. It was a commentary on how much of a failure Wii U is.

Honestly?
Dunno if i'll bite considering that it's coming for no too and i'll buy nx..
I Made tre same chiude for twilight princess at the time, ignoring the cube version and just grabbing wii and the game...

Meesh

A little jaded, sure, but I still maintain my inner child while playing games with my kids, and seeing the looks on their faces or hearing their gasps is almost like it was for me. So when I boot up this new Zelda with them, I'm positive everything will be just about magic :)
Also being that I'm not really a graphics man means I'm relatively easy to please lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I was having dinner with my friend from Nintendo of Europe, lets call him Bamboo Ciabatta (gotta keep he's identity a secret), and he was telling me some deets about the new Zelda.

• The game title will have the name Zelda in it. Not only that, but he's telling me they are thinking of going with a red font for the logo, but it not 100% decided yet.
  • There's going to be grass that Link can cut. Some grass might even contain treasure.
  • They're not going to recycle some old Fairy Fountain theme for the name entry screen, they're going to give us a BRAND NEW ARRANGEMENT (I can already see GoNintendo calling this a megaton) of it!
  • There's going to be baddies in it, Moblins, Bokoblin, eyeball related beings, probably. Not only that, they will do damage if they hit Link. "At least a quarter heart of damage, maybe even more" he told me.
  • Joystick to move, baby! If you were afraid we'd be getting DS Zelda controls then fear no more.
  • Dungeons, grottos, temples. Locations aplenty.
  • Keys or Keese are confirmed. He was talking with his mouth full when he mentioned them so it's one or the other. Should have really asked that he repeated that point…
  • The sun will be in the sky.
  • You can play using the GamePad.
  • It will have Miiverse functionality.

I know what you're thinking, some of that stuff is far too outlandish to be true, but if I were to go with easy guesses, I mean leaks, that anyone could make, you'd just assume I was making it up.

So I was having dinner with my friend from Nintendo of Europe, lets call him Bamboo Ciabatta (gotta keep he's identity a secret), and he was telling me some deets about the new Zelda.

• The game title will have the name Zelda in it. Not only that, but he's telling me they are thinking of going with a red font for the logo, but it not 100% decided yet.
  • There's going to be grass that Link can cut. Some grass might even contain treasure.
  • They're not going to recycle some old Fairy Fountain theme for the name entry screen, they're going to give us a BRAND NEW ARRANGEMENT (I can already see GoNintendo calling this a megaton) of it!
  • There's going to be baddies in it, Moblins, Bokoblin, eyeball related beings, probably. Not only that, they will do damage if they hit Link. "At least a quarter heart of damage, maybe even more" he told me.
  • Joystick to move, baby! If you were afraid we'd be getting DS Zelda controls then fear no more.
  • Dungeons, grottos, temples. Locations aplenty.
  • Keys or Keese are confirmed. He was talking with his mouth full when he mentioned them so it's one or the other. Should have really asked that he repeated that point…
  • The sun will be in the sky.
  • You can play using the GamePad.
  • It will have Miiverse functionality.

I know what you're thinking, some of that stuff is far too outlandish to be true, but if I were to go with easy guesses, I mean leaks, that anyone could make, you'd just assume I was making it up.

The sun will be in the sky?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The sun will be in the sky?
Majora's Mask 2 starring Nicholas Cage.

I suppose though something like a Knowing concept could work for The Legend of Zelda, but then it would have to happen at the end of the timeline or in the beginning (many years before Skyward Sword).

Meesh

Actually I was just looking over that recent artwork of Link poised with his bow and finally paid some attention to the book he's got. The emblem on it looks strikingly like the Lens of Truth, it's also reminiscent of the art on the Gossip Stones and reminds me of Sheiks or Shiekahs clothing... It's quite possible that the Shiekah are once again involved somehow as it looks like their symbol? Which begs the question, if it matters to anyone, which timeline are we following if any and what relationship does Link have with the "Shadow People" this time around...

maxcriden

I want something like in that 3D World level where you can look like the enemy creatures.

You mean the Goomba hats or something else?

Can't get into the magic hype. Zelda combat has been rudimentary stuff for as long back as the games go. Hold L and press the item button, woo. The combat will have to be shown to be challenging/deep before anyone should care, and the track record isnt good.

I know some disagree, but I think the combat in Skyward Sword was anything but rudimentary.

To each their own, but I think it would've been a cool detail. Heck, when I was playing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, I gushed at all the small things that were added to the game, such as Captain Toad shivering in fear during the haunted mansion-themed levels.

Yes! I loved that.

With the delay, delay, delay, I would like to believe that the NX version may have a bit of additional content and graphic differences it might be seen as a new Zelda in its own right. I'm probably wrong to imagine such a thing, but it's fun to dream.

I haven't enjoyed playing the mainline console Zelda games since completing 'The Wind Waker' back in 2003, as the majority of the console games felt more like retreads of the gameplay mechanics & structure from 'Ocarina of Time' than a proper evolution. (And even Wind Waker didn't stray too far from the established formula or fixed what was problematic in the transition from 2D to 3D.)

I hope they can deliver their promise of the Wii U game going beyond what was established previously with OOT & making it a proper evolution, along with making the series fun again.

You're really missing out on some terrific Zelda games. Well. I guess there's only been two. But TPHD is very good and Skyward Sword is superb and despite some similarities with OoT it is definitely a significant variation from OoT's gameplay. In fact, I'd say Twilight Princess is the only post-OoT Zelda that has the samey-ness you're describing, excepting combat alone which is definitely similar across TWW as well, and has some similarities with MM also. Plus, Wolf Link makes for some very different gameplay mechanics than seen in OoT. The reason I say only kinda for MM is the mask transformations. Basically, I guess I'm saying the structure across OoT and TPHD is most similar, but there are significant differences between the two games as well. Hmm. But, I digress. My only point is that Twilight and Skyward are well worth your time. ☺

Well, Wind Waker also has a magic meter. That's not a confirmation of magic in the game. Elemental Arrows and items are okay, but magic spells they are not.

Remind me, please, what are the magic items in TWW? Haven't played it in a while. Thanks!

Actually I was just looking over that recent artwork of Link poised with his bow and finally paid some attention to the book he's got. The emblem on it looks strikingly like the Lens of Truth, it's also reminiscent of the art on the Gossip Stones and reminds me of Sheiks or Shiekahs clothing... It's quite possible that the Shiekah are once again involved somehow as it looks like their symbol? Which begs the question, if it matters to anyone, which timeline are we following if any and what relationship does Link have with the "Shadow People" this time around...

A theory I've read is that it takes place during the time where the dark interlopers/Sheikah try to seize the Triforce using the Fused Shadow, and you're fighting with the aid of the good Sheikah.

This theory kinda explains the presence of that bridge that looks similar to the Great Bridge of Hylia too.

aBarreras

im really fucking excited for this E3 i hope they reveal the subtitle!!! yeeeeeeeeeezzz, one year to go to finally play zelda u

Meesh

A theory I've read is that it takes place during the time where the dark interlopers/Sheikah try to seize the Triforce using the Fused Shadow, and you're fighting with the aid of the good Sheikah.

This theory kinda explains the presence of that bridge that looks similar to the Great Bridge of Hylia too.
Interesting... Almost sound like a war is on the verge of breaking out!
This is probably more wishful thinking but looking back at Twilight Princess and the small skirmishes you had to fight off, we might actually see more of that and on a much grander scale when you consider how vast this new Hyrule is alleged to be. After all, you're not just gonna fill it with trees/rivers and the odd enemy on your way to the next dungeon, I'm thinking Links gonna find himself in several battlefields, maybe even caught between opposing forces at key times. I suppose it all depends on "open world", what is a "dungeon", ect.
3qJmvuU.gif

Enjoy the CDI
Is it me... Or does Zelda almost look like she's gagging to death?? Lol

Is it me... Or does Zelda almost look like she's gagging to death?? Lol

Zelda is me every time I read the game is getting delayed.

Yeah. Maybe a nice amount of land to explore and maybe a raft to traverse large bodies of water. I know the map was shown way back but it could have changed since then. A large water area would be great!

With this art-stye I could see Lake Hylia being beautiful.

watershed

Banned
I loved how ALBW used the magic/ability meter for items instead of item counts. Much better imo. I hope this Zelda does the same.

Top Bottom